I Apologize with Great Insincerity for my Whiteness

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

If you read through as much of this as you can, you will surely note that the underlying narrative is that the deck is so stacked against "people of color" ("POC's") in America that there is almost no way that a POC can succeed in this culture. Being a POC in our culture is analogous to being invited to play at a poker table, then told that you may not be dealt any face cards. You might win on occasion, but in the long run you are sure to lose.

If I were an intelligent, ambitious POC reading this essay and taking it seriously, I would immediately begin researching which societies on earth are the most prosperous African-based societies, and MOVE THERE!

But the entire narrative is flawed. It disputes and denies the very FORMULA FOR SUCCESS that has propelled millions and millions of Blacks into and beyond the middle class. It denies the obvious cultural proclivities that are the greatest contributors to the phenomenon of inequality. It ignores that fact that jews, Asians, and immigrant Black people have fully assimilated and prospered in this society where they claim POC's cannot succeed.

When I was a boy, Black Yoots (many of my childhood friends) were taught an entirely different story. They were told that OF COURSE they were going to run into prejudices and unfairness, so they had to BE BETTER than white people (in some ways) if they wanted to succeed. They had to be neater, more diligent, more respectful, willing to go the extra mile, if they wanted to succeed.

This generation of POC's are taught - with our tax dollars, no less - that the advantages of being white are so overwhelming that they can never expect to succeed (implicitly, ...without overthrowing the System that oppresses them).

How does it benefit POC's to be taught this garbage? Who benefits from it, other than the race pimps who claim to be "Black leaders"?

If you had a son who was 5'6" tall and loved basketball, would you tell him to just give up the sport because he can never make it to the Big Time?

I found it interesting as I read through this to compare POC's with obese people. Obese people face the same sort of prejudices; they rarely see themselves portrayed as attractive or popular in fiction (although this is changing in recent years). Think about it.

But the entire narrative is flawed. It disputes and denies the very FORMULA FOR SUCCESS that has propelled millions and millions of Blacks into and beyond the middle class. It denies the obvious cultural proclivities that are the greatest contributors to the phenomenon of inequality. It ignores that fact that jews, Asians, and immigrant Black people have fully assimilated and prospered in this society where they claim POC's cannot succeed.
You are contradicting yourself by claiming that Jews, Asians and immigrant black people are not POC.

If you read through as much of this as you can, you will surely note that the underlying narrative is that the deck is so stacked against "people of color" ("POC's") in America that there is almost no way that a POC can succeed in this culture. Being a POC in our culture is analogous to being invited to play at a poker table, then told that you may not be dealt any face cards. You might win on occasion, but in the long run you are sure to lose.

If I were an intelligent, ambitious POC reading this essay and taking it seriously, I would immediately begin researching which societies on earth are the most prosperous African-based societies, and MOVE THERE!

When I was a boy, Black Yoots (many of my childhood friends) were taught an entirely different story. They were told that OF COURSE they were going to run into prejudices and unfairness, so they had to BE BETTER than white people (in some ways) if they wanted to succeed. They had to be neater, more diligent, more respectful, willing to go the extra mile, if they wanted to succeed.

This generation of POC's are taught - with our tax dollars, no less - that the advantages of being white are so overwhelming that they can never expect to succeed (implicitly, ...without overthrowing the System that oppresses them).

How does it benefit POC's to be taught this garbage? Who benefits from it, other than the race pimps who claim to be "Black leaders"?

If you had a son who was 5'6" tall and loved basketball, would you tell him to just give up the sport because he can never make it to the Big Time?

I found it interesting as I read through this to compare POC's with obese people. Obese people face the same sort of prejudices; they rarely see themselves portrayed as attractive or popular in fiction (although this is changing in recent years). Think about it.
POC vs obese?
Obese people may be able to change their look with a different physical lifestyle (not easy), but it’s almost impossible to change the color of your skin throughout your body.

And it's this type of garbage that has put an entire generation where it is today. Backwards not forwards. Ridiculous rhetoric. ...and racist at that...

Forum List

Back