I am so disappointed in Texas... (shooting, etc)

I'm glad God will help us out here in Texas, because you are acting like you hate everyone who lives in this beautiful state where Friendship is our treasure, and not everyone loves us. Some people from other states don't like anything about us.

I lived most of my adult life out of my home state, but came home to Texas upon retirement. There have been a lot of changes in Texas in the last 45 years. My parents and grandparents passed away, all my aunts and uncles are gone, and a brother and a sister passed too. I only have my baby brother and sister left, and they are now both in their sixties and both are happily married, (I think). My husband passed away about 6 years after we came home, and next month is the 6th anniversary of his passing. That was the hardest of all. But the people here are generally as dear as people can be, and I love them very much. My church brings me a lot of happiness, my memories of the best man who ever lived are still close to my heart, and God blesses me every day with all good things in good times and in bad.

Human beings respond to their families and their associations. The assassin of the children in Uvalde was passing on his parent's horrendous relationship and his father was absent from his life when he was impressionable to create his future in hell. All of us here have tears at vesper hours when we think of loved ones gone, and the loved ones of the good parents in Uvalde who lost their children to a man whose childhood never existed since he never had much of one. He lost his way with no paternal guidance. And his reaction was to go after people less powerful than himself in order to have something to put fear in other people's hearts when he came around.

We had love, and we don't know how to deal with a hatemonger, which is what the mans' situation turned him into as he grew up way too fast and learned the art of deceiving others to his disorderly emotional holocaust.

We will get through this by helping each other through prayer, love, and pecan pie. It was sad to hear that the husband of one of the teachers who lost her life protecting a kid, himself died of a heart attack the next day probably due to a broken heart. Every parent who has to bury a child has had more stress in the last 2 days than most of us have ever had in our lifetime. We're going to pray, we're going to love those people who lost a child, and respect the loss of face from some of our lawmen who had so many responsibilities that political attacks have thrown into the huge burden they now carry due to hatred of the Congress and White House that have overtaxed the people, with the hope people will forget their lies to destroy political opponents, complete their targeting of police for whatever insane reason they go by,

There will be a price for this hatred that's being stirred up in this country. People here in Texas don't think it's fitting when creeps kick ya when you're down. Even so, we will pray for our enemies as christ has advised in his amazing sermons. We will comfort our parents who lost their little one, and we will deal with the copycats that are springing up for similar lack of parenting as to the assassin at Uvalde. All in all, we will remain the Lone Star State, and other states have had things like this happening to them for the last 30 or so years. But the current President pounced on Texas because our state didn't give cheaters as food of a chance to destroy the polls as was done in some states targeted by 2000 mules, so they say. We're not going to join the mules team. Don't like it? Tough bananas. We'll get by. We have each other.
Texans will deal with this just fine if everyone else will just butt out and mind their own business.

Assumption with no basis in fact.

At close range proficiency isn't required especially when shooting up a room full of unarmed women and children.
He demonstrated a fairly high degree of efficiency when he wounded two police officers. And he kept the police at bay and intimidated for an hour.
His weapon of choice and his camo costume indicates that he was copying military tactics too.

He likely could have been defused in time if he had gone to the military and gained his satisfaction there over a longer period of time. It's possible that he couldn't wait that long.

He demonstrated a fairly high degree of efficiency when he wounded two police officers. And he kept the police at bay and intimidated for an hour.
His weapon of choice and his camo costume indicates that he was copying military tactics too.

He likely could have been defused in time if he had gone to the military and gained his satisfaction there over a longer period of time. It's possible that he couldn't wait that long.
No, all that demonstrates is a basic familiarity. What kept police at bay for an hour was the fact there were still live kids in the room he wasn't actively shooting.

No, this is the worst kind of nut you could have in the military. Military life and discipline doesn't help the mentally ill, just those lacking discipline and direction. He's the kind of guy who would split right in two and either end up killing himself or others.

No, all that demonstrates is a basic familiarity.

I don't understand what you're trying to say about familiarity.
What kept police at bay for an hour was the fact there were still live kids in the room he wasn't actively shooting.
Yes, i would agree with that. But that's not the whole story in my opinion. The debate on that question has been turned into a political football.
No, this is the worst kind of nut you could have in the military. Military life and discipline doesn't help the mentally ill,
I disagree. Lieutant Calley demonstrate the same mental deficiency and would have got away with it if not for being ratted out by a mentally sane guy. But of course it's only one of many such incidences of murder during that war. Including US genocide on a huge scale.
just those lacking discipline and direction. He's the kind of guy who would split right in two and either end up killing himself or others.
I disagree but I'm interested in hearing your lay person argument.

I don't understand what you're trying to say about familiarity.

Yes, i would agree with that. But that's not the whole story in my opinion. The debate on that question has been turned into a political football.

I disagree. Lieutant Calley demonstrate the same mental deficiency and would have got away with it if not for being ratted out by a mentally sane guy. But of course it's only one of many such incidences of murder during that war. Including US genocide on a huge scale.

I disagree but I'm interested in hearing your lay person argument.
I'm not a "Lay Person", I spent a good portion of my career turning young recruits into soldiers and operators.

So I decided to look at all the biggest mass shootings in the last 10 years. I counted the ones that had either at least 10 deaths or at least 20 deaths/injuries combined.

Incident: Robb Elementary School Shooting, 2022
Deaths: 22 deaths, 18 injured

Incident: Buffalo Tops Supermarket Shooting, 2022
Deaths: 10 deaths, 3 injured

Incident: New York City Subway Attack, 2022
Deaths: 0 deaths, 29 injured

Incident: Hialeah Concert Shooting, 2021
Deaths: 3 deaths, 20 injured

Incident: Santa Clara Transportation Rail Yard, 2021
Deaths: 10 deaths, 0 injured

Incident: Boulder Supermarket Shooting, 2021
Deaths: 10 deaths, 2 injured

Incident: Washington DC Block Party Shooting, 2020
Deaths: 1 death, 21 injured

Incident: West Texas Shooting, 2019
Deaths: 8 deaths, 25 injured

Incident: Dayton Bar Shooting, 2019
Deaths: 10 deaths, 27 injured

Incident: El Paso Walmart Shooting, 2019
Deaths: 23 deaths, 23 injured

Incident: Virginia Beach Shooting, 2019
Deaths: 13 deaths, 5 injured

Incident: Thousand Oaks Bar Shooting, 2018
Deaths: 13 deaths, 16 injured

Incident: Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting, 2018
Deaths: 11 deaths, 7 injured

Incident: Art All Night Shooting, 2018
Deaths: 1 death, 22 injured

Incident: Santa Fe High School Shooting, 2018
Deaths: 10 deaths, 14 injured

Incident: Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting, 2018
Deaths: 17 deaths, 17 injured

Incident: Sutherland Springs Church Shooting, 2017
Deaths: 27 deaths, 22 injured

Incident: Las Vegas Country Music Festival Shooting, 2017
Deaths: 61 deaths, 411 injured

Incident: Little Rock Nightclub Shooting, 2016
Deaths: 0 deaths, 28 injured

Incident: Orlando Nightclub Shooting, 2016
Deaths: 50 deaths, 58 injured

Incident: San Bernadino Attack, 2015
Deaths: 16 deaths, 22 injured

Incident: Umpqua Community College Shooting, 2015
Deaths: 10 deaths, 8 injured

Incident: Waco Shootout, 2015
Deaths: 9 deaths, 18 injured

Incident: Isla Vista Killings, 2014
Deaths: 7 deaths, 13 injured

Incident: Washington Navy Yard Shooting, 2013
Deaths: 13 deaths, 8 injured

Incident: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting, 2012
Deaths: 28 deaths, 2 injured

Incident: Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater Shooting, 2012
Deaths: 12 deaths, 70 injured

===========================================
Results: Everything is bigger in Texas.

Texas: 99 deaths, 120 injured, 6 mass shootings.
Florida: 70 deaths, 95 injured, 3 mass shooting.
Nevada: 61 deaths, 411 injured, 1 mass shooting.
California: 46 deaths, 51 injured, 4 mass shootings.
Connecticut: 28 deaths, 2 injured, 1 mass shooting.
Colorado: 22 deaths, 72 injured, 2 mass shootings.
Washington D.C.: 14 deaths, 29 injured, 2 mass shootings.
Virginia: 13 deaths, 5 injured, 1 mass shooting.
Pennsylvania: 11 deaths, 7 injured, 1 mass shooting.
New York: 10 deaths, 32 injured, 2 mass shootings.
Ohio: 10 deaths, 27 injured, 1 mass shooting.
Oregon: 10 deaths, 8 injured, 1 mass shooting.
New Jersey: 1 death, 22 injured, 1 mass shooting.
Arkansas: 0 deaths, 28 injured, 1 mass shooting.

Things are never as simple as that. There has always been some angry teens but the mere availability of firearms cannot explain why mass shootings have spiked in the last few years.
There has been a tectonic shift in the psychology and culture of our young people. Twenty, thirty years ago, an angry teen would have been horrified at the idea of slaughter school kids.

Besides, I’m also talking about undiagnosed and untreated mental illness.
I agree on that one.

Forum List

Back