I am Seriously Puzzled about This...

There is a movement of voters who are surfacing these days (I assume this is legitimate) who make the following claim:

"I am a Republican but I'm voting for Biden."

Somebody please explain to me how anyone who is a Republican can read or be aware of the Democrat platform for 2020, and vote for Joe Biden.

I see one possibility...I disagree with it, but I understand it...Republicans are turned off by Donald Trump's personality and manner, and don't want to vote for him.

But that is a reason not to vote. How can anyone who claims to be a Republican see the Democrat platform and not be totally repulsed by it?

I don't get it.
Ethics and character voters, sick of the lies and divisive BS.

I laugh

If they begin a sentence with "I AM A REPUBLICAN"...they ain't a republican!

No God-fearing Republican would ever admit to being a Republican? ...

The OP is spot on about The Donald's mouth ... I can ignore that and vote based on his actions and policies ... but others get touchy-feely and don't think the President of the United States of America should be so vulgar in his rhetoric ... and I do wish he'd shut the fuck up, but that's his style, no surprise ...

Why would a Free People demand a Leader? ... sea levels can't rise fast enough to flood out DC ... I'm off to burn a tire ...

It is certainly hard for Trump supporters (as opposed to moderate Republicans) to imagine that Republicans could — reluctantly — vote for Biden, but it is relatively easy for me to understand this. I was never a Republican, however, so I will not try to speak for such people. There are plenty of such people — both prominent and ordinary folk — but you are unlikely to find many of them here on USMB. Active professional politicians in this category are of course few.

Perhaps you have heard a few of their voices here, but mock them as never having been Republicans in the first place?

By the way, there are also Democrats who will vote for Trump. Trump after all, was a Democrat almost all his life!
I voted for Trump whilst holding nose, his boorish comportment and brutally inept ability to coherently communicate horrified me, and still do! However, its actions which speak loudest, and Trumps have resulted in middle east peace we never dreamed possible, four Nobel nominations(and he earned every fucking one of them), probably the greatest economy ever experienced by a nation in all of human history, and three of the most conservative high court justices I have seen in my lifetime! So, no, unlike yourself I don't understand how anyone calling self a republican could muster anything short of an enthusiastic "hell yes" as they vote for Trump and a second term! :wink:

It is certainly hard for Trump supporters (as opposed to moderate Republicans) to imagine that Republicans could — reluctantly — vote for Biden, but it is relatively easy for me to understand this. I was never a Republican, however, so I will not try to speak for such people. There are plenty of such people — both prominent and ordinary folk — but you are unlikely to find many of them here on USMB. Active professional politicians in this category are of course few.

Perhaps you have heard a few of their voices here, but mock them as never having been Republicans in the first place?

By the way, there are also Democrats who will vote for Trump. Trump after all, was a Democrat almost all his life!
I voted for Trump whilst holding nose, his boorish comportment and brutally inept ability to coherently communicate horrified me, and still do! However, its actions which speak loudest, and Trumps have resulted in middle east peace we never dreamed possible, four Nobel nominations(and he earned every fucking one of them), probably the greatest economy ever experienced by a nation in all of human history, and three of the most conservative high court justices I have seen in my lifetime! So, no, unlike yourself I don't understand how anyone calling self a republican could muster anything short of an enthusiastic "hell yes" as they vote for Trump and a second term! :wink:

You typed 2 bad words.

There is a movement of voters who are surfacing these days (I assume this is legitimate) who make the following claim:

Somebody please explain to me how anyone who is a Republican can read or be aware of the Democrat platform for 2020, and vote for Joe Biden.

I see one possibility...I disagree with it, but I understand it...Republicans are turned off by Donald Trump's personality and manner, and don't want to vote for him.

But that is a reason not to vote. How can anyone who claims to be a Republican see the Democrat platform and not be totally repulsed by it?

I don't get it.
The GOP for years has been democrat light. In other words, Trump is somewhat a departure from the Leftist agenda they agreed with all along.

Take "W", for example. He enacted one of the largest entitlements in US history with the Drugs for Seniors program. LBJ would have been proud.

I don't get it.
If you don’t oppose it, you’re complicit in the hate, the cruelty, the dishonesty, the disgusting behavior.

I don't get it.
The GOP for years has been democrat light. In other words, Trump is somewhat a departure from the Leftist agenda they agreed with all along.

Take "W", for example. He enacted one of the largest entitlements in US history with the Drugs for Seniors program. LBJ would have been proud.

Democrat lite
Absolutely.

I don't get it.
If you don’t oppose it, you’re complicit in the hate, the cruelty, the dishonesty, the disgusting behavior.

His behavior has been exemplary.
As in all patriots should use his example.

I don't get it.

Democrat lite
Absolutely.
It's like Jeb telling people that they need to show the love of Jesus to illegals who are crossing the border illegally and just look the other way, then when it comes to appointing decent Supreme court justices to overturn rulings like Roe vs. Wade they pick turn coats like Roberts.

Christian leaning policies are only embraced if the Left can use them.

I don't get it.

His behavior has been exemplary.
As in all patriots should use his example.

you are the reason the OP is seeing Republicans voting for Biden.

I don't get it.

Democrat lite
Absolutely.
It's like Jeb telling people that they need to show the love of Jesus to illegals who are crossing the border illegally and just look the other way, then when it comes to appointing decent Supreme court justices to overturn rulings like Roe vs. Wade they pick turn coats like Roberts.

Christian leaning policies are only embraced if the Left can use them.

Roe will not be overturned.

I don't get it.

"...Republicans are turned off by Donald Trump's personality and manner..""

You're dumber than a rock.

Failure: Charlottesville and George Floyd
Failure: America's global image is in shambles
Failure: Family separations and the deaths of migrant children
Failure: Iran, Syria, and Afghanistan
Failure: Replacing the Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Failure: Impeachment
Failure: COVID-19 pandemic
Failure: The US economy
Failure: Contracting COVID-19

Your little list is so full of lies that it hurt my head, so I added one for you:

Failure: Failing to lose the 2020 election

You're welcome.

I don't get it.
Trump's personality and manner suck, but even if he was a likable, genial person, there would be plenty of reason to dump that fool.

GREAT, then you have no problem stating the reasons here? Opportunity for the Left Wing to articulate why U.S. Citizens should replace Trump & Pence with Biden & Harris here

Just as soon as someone who isn't a lost cause asks, I will be happy to discuss all the reasons why Joe is the person for the job. You are not worth the effort.

I don't get it.
Yeah! You should show how different you are by voting for DEMOCRAT hate, cruelty, dishonesty, and disgusting behavior!

I don't get it.
Trump's personality and manner suck, but even if he was a likable, genial person, there would be plenty of reason to dump that fool.

GREAT, then you have no problem stating the reasons here? Opportunity for the Left Wing to articulate why U.S. Citizens should replace Trump & Pence with Biden & Harris here

Just as soon as someone who isn't a lost cause asks, I will be happy to discuss all the reasons why Joe is the person for the job. You are not worth the effort.
So...you really got nothing but NOT TRUMP, don't you?

I don't get it.

Joe's son is a crackhead who screwed his underage niece and filmed it. Joe also set his crackhead son up with some lucrative deals with enemy countries, so his son could funnel millions of dollars back to his dad, under the table. Several covert agents of ours were also murdered in China, thanks to Joe's bumbling, I'll save that story for another day.

But Joe's the man for the job.

I don't get it.

So...you really got nothing but NOT TRUMP, don't you?

I got plenty, but as far as you're concerned, all the effort I care to extend is to say not Trump.

Forum List

Back