I am really sorry, But I have got to ask

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
I know its a broke record?
How did we get so much information about the war in Iraq that is so wrong?

Do people really think all of this time we have been fighting Iraqis?
Al Qaeda Document: Zarqawi Came to Iraq Before The War To Prepare The Fight Against U.S
There were many accounts about Zarqawi presence in Iraq before the war in particular in Northern Iraq with “Ansar Al Islam” an active Al Qaeda affiliated terrorist group that was present in the Kurdish areas of Iraq long before the war started. The document also proves that Ansar Al Islam helped Al Qaeda members establish themselves in Iraq before the war started.
I do not know where to start and how people today still are repeating the same lies that have been proven false 100 different ways

there was weapons, old, junk, had to put them in a truck and run over you with the truck to hurt you weapons that Saddam was suppose to not have end of story,over 500 of them
BTW he buried his air force in the desert, what do you think happened to the other

There was yellow cake: who had it, when it was found, why it was not made public until 2008 who knows
It was suppose to be gone

There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq before we invaded
OMG
who do you think we have been fighting for 10 years in Iraq
Iraqis?

How did we get here people?

I think JRK has earned a threaad boycott until he grows up.

Why would you say that?
You think this is not a legitimate subject?
Sorry you feel that way
I cannot put into words how amazed I am there is so much in correct information about these events out there and no one cares

Why would you say that?
Sorry you feel that way
I cannot put into words how amazed I am there is so much in correct information about these events out there and no one cares

many of us DO care.

NYCarbineer was wrapped up in "misinformation" when Bush was President...but with Obama? He trusts the man has his reasons for misleading his constituants.

Thus why Obama idolizers are referred to as sheep.

Why would you say that?
Sorry you feel that way

many of us DO care.

NYCarbineer was wrapped up in "misinformation" when Bush was President...but with Obama? He trusts the man has his reasons for misleading his constituants.

are you a marine? past tense?

Why would you say that?
Sorry you feel that way

many of us DO care.

Was.
Not career.

many of us DO care.

Was.
Not career.

does the war going on in Iraq (at that time) have any influence on whether you join? I have had people tell me that being for troop is no different than being against the war
to me
you join after we invade Iraq, your more than likely also supporting the way this country was dealing with that mess
Am I wrong?
could you be a marine and be against the war in Iraq at the same time?

Seriously? I followed this as closely as I could... for the first year. There was so much information and misinformation flying around the media and movies that it was impossible to determine what was truth and what was distorted truth. It seems to me that we here in the mainland were never meant to understand any of the depths of the war. Obviously for us to know and understand would have put more emphasis on the accountability of the responsible party(ies). Who is at fault? Most likely no one. The whole thing seemed to offer more distraction than the masses will ever recognize. I don't know. I stopped following the channelled versions because I refuse to be emotionally manipulated at that level. It was still very important to me and increasingly so as my children grow and my husband matures. These things matter immensely, I am just far more selective in what I allow myself to be exposed to.

Bottom line there was no "immediate threat" that needed to be dealt with as long as Afghanistan was still in play. You see the results. We get a "maybe" democracy in Iraq, but we're still bogged down on Afghanistan with the likelihood that it will return to pre-9/11 status as soon as we leave. THAT'S why Iraq was a FAILURE!!!

Was.
Not career.

does the war going on in Iraq (at that time) have any influence on whether you join? I have had people tell me that being for troop is no different than being against the war
to me
you join after we invade Iraq, your more than likely also supporting the way this country was dealing with that mess
Am I wrong?

I can not speak from experience as my ternure with the military was not during war time.
But I can speak for my career friends and the firends of my children who have joined the military over the last several years.

Most that join the military do not join based on ideology...they join for one of two reasons...both of which are commendable.

1) The desire to serve
2) the opportunity to better themselves/prepare themselves ofr later on in the private secotr (education, discipline, etc)

Certainly many of the younger generation grew up hearing about how poorly the iraq conflict was handled...whether true or not, the media and our politicians made it quite clear that it was not handled properly....of course, never saying "in my opinion"...

Furthermore, as my son would tell me, our teachers never held back offering their sentiments as it pertained to the war, the decision to go to war, and the handling of the war....and believe me...they were by no means kind to the Bush administration...

That being said, many of the younger generation joined the military non the less...

So I believe sentiments as to how the war was handled did not play a major role in decisions to join the military.

I hope that helps.

Was.
Not career.

to me
Am I wrong?

I can not speak from experience as my ternure with the military was not during war time.
But I can speak for my career friends and the firends of my children who have joined the military over the last several years.

Most that join the military do not join based on ideology...they join for one of two reasons...both of which are commendable.

1) The desire to serve
2) the opportunity to better themselves/prepare themselves ofr later on in the private secotr (education, discipline, etc)

Certainly many of the younger generation grew up hearing about how poorly the iraq conflict was handled...whether true or not, the media and our politicians made it quite clear that it was not handled properly....of course, never saying "in my opinion"...

Furthermore, as my son would tell me, our teachers never held back offering their sentiments as it pertained to the war, the decision to go to war, and the handling of the war....and believe me...they were by no means kind to the Bush administration...

That being said, many of the younger generation joined the military non the less...

So I believe sentiments as to how the war was handled did not play a major role in decisions to join the military.

I hope that helps.

It does
People who flat out are against what we did in Iraq are in a place I do not understand. Much of this is about trying to understand
I cannot comprehend the level of hate some have for these events and that the same times
state they support those who carried it out
there logic is there just doing what they are being told

In 2004, you joined the Marines, you were doing more than just what you were being told as I see it

Bottom line there was no "immediate threat" that needed to be dealt with as long as Afghanistan was still in play. You see the results. We get a "maybe" democracy in Iraq, but we're still bogged down on Afghanistan with the likelihood that it will return to pre-9/11 status as soon as we leave. THAT'S why Iraq was a FAILURE!!!

we are/were fighting the same enemy, were we not?
There were many accounts about Zarqawi presence in Iraq before the war in particular in Northern Iraq with “Ansar Al Islam” an active Al Qaeda affiliated terrorist group that was present in the Kurdish areas of Iraq long before the war started. The document also proves that Ansar Al Islam helped Al Qaeda members establish themselves in Iraq before the war started.
Al Qaeda Document: Zarqawi Came to Iraq Before The War To Prepare The Fight Against U.S

Forum List

Back