I am new at photography

What do you use for taking the photos Willow?

I bought a cannon EOS 80D it has a 55-250 mm lens.
The Canon 80D is an excellent low-end camera to practice your craft with. Please don't be insulted. I know that the camera is quite expensive. I own the 70d and I purchased the full frame 6d Cannon for My daughter who is close to being a professional.

You have a natural eye for photography and that is half the battle.

If I may make a few suggestions?

Learn your cameras manual setting by knowing what aperture and focal length have to do with each other and how they affect your 'depth of field'. You'll also want to study up on your glass (meaning your lenses -- probably the single most important part of any camera work). When you have mastered that, you'll understand the difference between full frame, a crop frame, and half frame and the ratio between them in order to overcome significant limitations to each camera sensor.

As I said, you have a great eye for this and your photos are wonderful. I hope you take the time to learn the full joy of knowing how to create and see perfect images!

View attachment 192248 but these are a couple of my favorite this week.

I've found that the best way of taking photos is to make sure you get as little rubbish in the photo as possible. The more rubbish, the less people see what you're taking a photo of.

Also, color is very important.

Next up is shade.

My rather amateur advice on this one would be to darken it a little so the bird stands out more. I can see too much light behind it which makes me look behind.

I take photos on my iPhone, and it has an editor inbuilt just for changing color and light. It's very useful.

31693077_10156304306449085_6411105344960856064_n.jpg

Here's an extreme example of what I mean. I've darkened this massively, so you can't see what's behind the flower, like you could in the original photo.
/----/ Your photo didn't open. Please repost

View attachment 192248 but these are a couple of my favorite this week.

I've found that the best way of taking photos is to make sure you get as little rubbish in the photo as possible. The more rubbish, the less people see what you're taking a photo of.

Also, color is very important.

Next up is shade.

My rather amateur advice on this one would be to darken it a little so the bird stands out more. I can see too much light behind it which makes me look behind.

I take photos on my iPhone, and it has an editor inbuilt just for changing color and light. It's very useful.

31693077_10156304306449085_6411105344960856064_n.jpg

Here's an extreme example of what I mean. I've darkened this massively, so you can't see what's behind the flower, like you could in the original photo.
/----/ Your photo didn't open. Please repost

upload_2018-10-6_15-4-5.jpeg

Forum List

Back