I am new at photography

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
F75A6DBC-C925-4878-B28A-60F977CD1F33.jpeg
but these are a couple of my favorite this week.

I am feeding all birds that come to my balcony.....yes they do make a mess

I clean it after

I really don't care anymore

They sing .... they are happy ....all is ok with the world.

You have a good eye for it Willow.

They're nice! Remember you have to shoot 100 pics to get few great ones.

In the old days, we had to give more thought and effort to each shot. Keep in mind that 35mm film only came in rolls of up to 36 shots; some other formats as few as eight per shot. Several dollars for each roll of film, and several more dollars to get each roll developed and printed.

If you had to shoot three rolls of film for every good shot that you got, then you'd be wasting an awful lot of film, an awful lot of money.

Digital is what now makes it possible to use the strategy of simply taking lots of shots, and hoping you get a few good ones. In most cases, you'll still get better results if you put more time and effort into each shot.

View attachment 192248 but these are a couple of my favorite this week.

I've found that the best way of taking photos is to make sure you get as little rubbish in the photo as possible. The more rubbish, the less people see what you're taking a photo of.

Also, color is very important.

Next up is shade.

My rather amateur advice on this one would be to darken it a little so the bird stands out more. I can see too much light behind it which makes me look behind.

I take photos on my iPhone, and it has an editor inbuilt just for changing color and light. It's very useful.

31693077_10156304306449085_6411105344960856064_n.jpg

Here's an extreme example of what I mean. I've darkened this massively, so you can't see what's behind the flower, like you could in the original photo.

New Topics

Forum List

Back