I am ending my PT on Thursday

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
3 months and 2 grand and a good 50 percent improvement is the best it’s going to do

My mma classes and work is not helping but I think I can get by

Over the years I have experienced a number of sports injuries short of broken bones and torn muscles.

Most of them go away if "babied" for a few months, but when they don't go away on their own I seek professional help, which always entails taking pictures (X-rays, MRI's). I've had very good results with cortisone shots, but sometimes not. Then PT is prescribed.

I always do a couple sessions with a Professional, then continue my regimen on my own, either at home or at the gym(s) where I've worked out over the years. The clinics are businesses, and they invariably are looking for a "relationship" that involves regular appointments over a period of months.

While I have always been covered by good insurance I just can't justify a $400 invoice for an hour of PT. Even if it's well done.

At the present time I'm working through an impingement of a biceps tendon at the shoulder. A shot made the pain go away completely for a month or so, but it's coming back. I may end up asking for surgery, but I really don't want to be out of commission for 4-6 months...no golfing, no bike riding, no motorcycle, no working out. The pain is less painful.

Forum List

Back