I am busy watching American Idol and it...

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
...occurred to me that a country the size of yours could easily find a couple of dozen kids that can sing, dance and look the part, how wrong am I?

Yeah but they can't all 'bring it, dog' when they cover a Celine Dion song. It's a different set of criteria for that show than it is for the music industry overall. The contestants aren't judged on their ability to write songs or play instruments or really their overall talent, just their singing.
Example: I dig Lily Allen to bits, but she probably wouldn't even make it to the Hollywood round. Her voice just isn't strong enough. If she tried to belt out some Whitney Houston she'd probably sound like ass.

Yeah but they can't all 'bring it, dog' when they cover a Celine Dion song. It's a different set of criteria for that show than it is for the music industry overall. The contestants aren't judged on their ability to write songs or play instruments or really their overall talent, just their singing.
Example: I dig Lily Allen to bits, but she probably wouldn't even make it to the Hollywood round. Her voice just isn't strong enough. If she tried to belt out some Whitney Houston she'd probably sound like ass.

........and there lies the rub..........

aye

200px-HamletSkullHCSealous.jpg

Forum List

Back