I am applying for a license to carry

Heller 2010.

Will be overturned as soon as people who can actually read take over the court.

The words "self defense" are mentioned NOWHERE in the constitution BUT the word MILITIA is.
Self defense was not mentioned because the founders weren't morons. Self defense using any weapon from a pen knife to a cannon was an assumed right. They would no more see a need for a law allowing self defense than they would see the need for one allowing breathing.

Did you read the post or do you just look at pictures?

I didn’t deny shooting at silhouette targets is practice for the use of a firearm for self defense. It definitely is. However an entirely different type of target shooting is Bullseye shooting where the important factor is the score on the target.

I legally carry a handgun for self defense so I practice on silhouette targets occasionally. When I do, I want to hit the vital areas of a target as fast as possible. I am mot trying to shoot tight groups.

If you read the post you might also discover info about the zen of shooting at bullseye targets. You are not thinking about killing but instead eights, nines, tens, and Xs. If you reload you may be developing a load that is more accurate in your particular firearm.

There is a lot more to the hobby of shooting than just killing. The last thing I ever hope to do is shoot someone let alone kill them yet I still enjoy shooting. It’s challenging and it often takes years to become proficient.
TARGET PRACTICE = PRACTICE KILLING = PRACTICE FOR KILLING IN THE FUTURE

There's a lot more to golf than the score but, in the end, the goal is always the same. Put the ball in the hole.

Self defense was not mentioned because the founders weren't morons. Self defense using any weapon from a pen knife to a cannon was an assumed right. They would no more see a need for a law allowing self defense than they would see the need for one allowing breathing.

and you didn't respond to my videos of all the things people do with guns that don't involve killing anyone...

more...

Practice shooting is practice killing.

No...not a clear fact...criminals living in the home, drug dealers, gang members, who are also abusing alcohol and drugs are more likely to kill family members...the gun has nothing to do with it....

The gun in the home isn't the issue, the criminal, alcoholic, drug user is the issue.....
No, people with guns are most likely to use their weapon against a familiar.
Simple fact.
You can deny the fact but it does not change the fact.

IF, as you say no law was needed to allow guns for self defense
THEN why was one needed for another purpose?

Seems you think the founders were a bunch of dumbasses.

Which, of course, is a bastardization of the 2nd Amendment. Another amendment should have been passed.
And conservatives believe that the right to equal protection of the law prohibiting anti-gay legislation to be a ‘bastardization’ of the 14th Amendment.

If one is going to be an advocate of limited government and the safeguarding individual liberty, he must do so consistently – even if it means allowing citizens to engage in activities one disapproves of.

Heller 2010.

Will be overturned as soon as people who can actually read take over the court.

The words "self defense" are mentioned NOWHERE in the constitution BUT the word MILITIA is.
The words ‘freedom of association’ are mentioned nowhere in the Constitution; but they are there nonetheless, as determined by the Supreme Court.

Constitutional jurisprudence isn’t a cafeteria plan – one cannot support the parts of the Constitution he likes and ignore the parts he doesn’t like.

TARGET PRACTICE = PRACTICE KILLING = PRACTICE FOR KILLING IN THE FUTURE

There's a lot more to golf than the score but, in the end, the goal is always the same. Put the ball in the hole.
So are you opposed to archery, fencing, judo, or boxing. All are are Olympic sports but with your biased attitude you probably look at them as practice for killing just like you do bullseye target shooting.

I will post a video dealing with tips to improve a shooter’s ability at bullseye competition. Note there is absolutely no discussion of killing. I will also post a video dealing with Olympic pistol target shooting.

I doubt if anything can change your mid but perhaps another poster will read these posts and get interested in bullseye or Olympic target shooting. It is very challenging but as a hobby a lot of fun and you meet a lot of good people.

No, people with guns are most likely to use their weapon against a familiar.
Simple fact.
You can deny the fact but it does not change the fact.

Yes...criminals murder other criminals...normal people do not murder people.......

And conservatives believe that the right to equal protection of the law prohibiting anti-gay legislation to be a ‘bastardization’ of the 14th Amendment.
^^^
This is a lie.
If one is going to be an advocate of limited government and the safeguarding individual liberty, he must do so consistently – even if it means allowing citizens to engage in activities one disapproves of.
Like not getting a vaccine?
Someone better tell the Democrats.
And you.

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.
Please reconsider. Sadly, too many guns are used for murder and suicide.

Are you 100% sure that no one who has access to your gun is suicidal?

It’s willful ignorance and idiocy to not acknowledge the fact that a gun in the home is more likely to kill the homeowner and/or family members than an intruder.
Sad but true! For each justifiable homicide, there are about 30 criminal homicides and about 60 suicides.

Sad but true! For each justifiable homicide, there are about 30 criminal homicides and about 60 suicides.

Not even close....

Centers for Disease control puts the number of defensive gun uses at 1.2 million times a year....

The Department of Justice research puts the number at 1.5 million times a year.

The 2020 Firearms survey puts the number at 1.67 million times a year......

The majority of gun crime in the U.S. is concentrated in tiny areas of democrat party controlled cities...that is a fact. The policies of the democrat party, attacking the police, and releasing violent gun criminals, drives the gun crime and gun murder rates in those cities.

Normal people who own guns for hunting, competition, collecting.....and the original purpose of the 2nd Amendment.....self defense......do not use their 600 million guns for crime.....

Not even close....

Centers for Disease control puts the number of defensive gun uses at 1.2 million times a year....

The Department of Justice research puts the number at 1.5 million times a year.

The 2020 Firearms survey puts the number at 1.67 million times a year......
Other sources give different numbers. Table -- page 6.

The words ‘freedom of association’ are mentioned nowhere in the Constitution; but they are there nonetheless, as determined by the Supreme Court.

Constitutional jurisprudence isn’t a cafeteria plan – one cannot support the parts of the Constitution he likes and ignore the parts he doesn’t like.
I support all parts of the constitution that are not figments of the NRA imagination.

So are you opposed to archery, fencing, judo, or boxing. All are are Olympic sports but with your biased attitude you probably look at them as practice for killing just like you do bullseye target shooting.

I will post a video dealing with tips to improve a shooter’s ability at bullseye competition. Note there is absolutely no discussion of killing. I will also post a video dealing with Olympic pistol target shooting.

I doubt if anything can change your mid but perhaps another poster will read these posts and get interested in bullseye or Olympic target shooting. It is very challenging but as a hobby a lot of fun and you meet a lot of good people.

Try not to imagine you understand what I believe.
That well is way to deep for someone so shallow.

There is no legitimate use for a firearm that does not include killing or practicing killing.

AND?
Why mention killing in a video about guns?
Kinda redundant, don't ya think?

Forum List

Back