I am a Trump supporter but disagree with him about Iraq.

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I am a Trump coward. One that will using this anonymity spout off but when confronted by "pseudo-intellectual" "FRIENDS"... I don't say anything. But there are very few things I disagree with Trump on and his stance regarding Iraq is one of those.

If I were to be in a face to face with Trump and this topic came up I'd bring this up which many Bush/Iraq critics don't seem to be aware of happened.

In 1995 as many as 576,000 Iraqi children may have died since the end of the Persian Gulf war because of economic sanctions imposed by the Security Council, according to two scientists who surveyed the country for the Food and Agriculture Organization.
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children, U.N. Reports
So the Cease Fire started in 1991.
1991 to 1995 is 4 years.. 576,000 starved is 144,000 kids a year.
1995 to 2015 is 20 years... If Saddam was still in power at 144,000 kids starving per year times 20 years that is 2.8 million children that would have starved.
So why did Saddam allow these 576,000 kids to starve and if he was still in power nearly 2.8 million more
would have starved?
Saddam would not comply with these requirements. Saddam would have continued to defy these
and as a result 2.8 million more kids would have starved.
UNSCR 687 - April 3, 1991
  • Iraq must "unconditionally accept" the destruction, removal or rendering harmless "under international supervision" of all "chemical and biological weapons and all stocks of agents and all related subsystems and components and all research, development, support and manufacturing facilities."
  • Iraq must "unconditionally agree not to acquire or develop nuclear weapons or nuclear-weapons-usable material" or any research, development or manufacturing facilities.
  • Iraq must "unconditionally accept" the destruction, removal or rendering harmless "under international supervision" of all "ballistic missiles with a range greater than 150 KM and related major parts and repair and production facilities."
  • Iraq must not "use, develop, construct or acquire" any weapons of mass destruction.
  • Iraq must reaffirm its obligations under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
  • Creates the United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) to verify the elimination of Iraq's chemical and biological weapons programs and mandated that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) verify elimination of Iraq's nuclear weapons program.
  • Iraq must declare fully its weapons of mass destruction programs.
  • Iraq must not commit or support terrorism, or allow terrorist organizations to operate in Iraq.
  • Iraq must cooperate in accounting for the missing and dead Kuwaitis and others.
  • Iraq must return Kuwaiti property seized during the Gulf War.
Saddam Hussein's Defiance of United Nations Resolutions

He will surround himself with the very best military advisors, and will handle the Bush/Obomb/Clinton mess with as little suffering as possible without importing them all to our country. Sanctuary cities there, not here.

I certainly don't disagree with your comments! Trump's decrying of the current flock of military leaders was 100% right! They are Obama suck ups and when
Trump comes in he will promote military leaders that are smart, aggressive and above all NOT politically correct but remember the simple dictate of what a military does
per General Colin Powell stood before the media in the buildup to Desert Storm in his role as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and reminded us what soldiers do. “Soldiers,” he said, “are trained to kill people and break things.”

Bush41 got us into Iraq by suckering Saddam into invading Kuwait...the Glasspie memo was the trigger. Later an inserted S.E.A.L. sniper had a bead on Hussein but wasn't greenlighted to take the shot. I have ZERO respect for 41.....one of our worst presidents of all time.

Forum List

Back