I admit i was wrong.

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
I at one time thought the supreme court was right in Citizens United by letting billionaire super pacs run wild. I now see how that has allowed a few bilionaires to control the political system and buy puppets like rubio to do what they are told. 2016 is the year we can tell the rubio feces eaters to GO TO HELL.

And stay there

We should be so lucky. Then some ambitious young officer might do us a favor and shoot the Dago bastard!

tu3aAYw.png

just sayin'.

We should be so lucky. Then some ambitious young officer might do us a favor and shoot the Dago bastard!
I at one time thought the supreme court was right in Citizens United by letting billionaire super pacs run wild. I now see how that has allowed a few bilionaires to control the political system and buy puppets like rubio to do what they are told. 2016 is the year we can tell the rubio feces eaters to GO TO HELL.

And stay there
I'm not sure if this would work, but how about each candidate has the same maximum amount of money to carry a campaign, whether it is self funded or donations. Maybe a $50 million cap. So each campaign has to decide where their money goes: travel to speech sites, commercial ads, luxury hotels, staff workers, etc.

I'm not sure if this would work, but how about each candidate has the same maximum amount of money to carry a campaign, whether it is self funded or donations. Maybe a $50 million cap. So each campaign has to decide where their money goes: travel to speech sites, commercial ads, luxury hotels, staff workers, etc.
There should be a fund and distributed evenly among the candidates.

How would it be decided who gets the funds?

LBJ went into office as a poor congressman and came out a millionaire. He didn't do it by hard work.

Did anyone ever think that the reason we get what we get is because the job actually sucks? So those running are full of hubris and are narcissists.

Could also be the fact that we keep returning people back to office. Obama himself predicted that if the economy wasn't better by reelection he would be a one term President, it wasn't but he was. Rewarding these folks for just bring home the most bacon is the real problem, in my opinion.

How would it be decided who gets the funds?

LBJ went into office as a poor congressman and came out a millionaire. He didn't do it by hard work.
Distributed evenly among all eligible candidates. All parties from the same hat.

that's how the Brits do it AND there is a limit of time for campaigning.

New Topics

Forum List

Back