Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Finally, FINALLY, the FDA approved an emergency use for these treatments. Besides allowing the sterilization of medical masks yesterday due to the shortage, it took them this long to recommend hydroxychloroquine in spite of the reports of success for several weeks where the drug was used.

The sterilization of medical masks is horseshit. We should not change the rules based on shortages...this is putting people's lives in danger.

A month ago a nurse could have been written up or fired for reusing a mask...and now it is all hunky dory!

So it would be better if they had no masks at all?

It would be better if we supplied them with what they need

That's what we've been trying to do. When masks are plentiful, they won't be sterilizing them anymore. I was out to the grocery story today. I wish I could get my hands on a mask for this particular virus. The only one that's reliable are the N-95 masks.

In the middle of March Trump got 3m and others to bump up their production....if only he had done that in Jan...

Another Monday morning quarterback.

Finally, FINALLY, the FDA approved an emergency use for these treatments. Besides allowing the sterilization of medical masks yesterday due to the shortage, it took them this long to recommend hydroxychloroquine in spite of the reports of success for several weeks where the drug was used.

While we bicker about how good or bad of a job Trump did during this crisis, the left refuses to believe their beloved bureaucracies had anything to do with it. Blame Trump, all the time. Now perhaps these medications can save many more lives. When they do, look for the left to blame Trump about how long it took him to make these drugs available for general use.

There's enough "anecdotal" evidence HCQ will kill the China Virus...the left is terrified that it will...the "party of science" was counting on a high body count to haunt the President in November....there is no species lower than a Pelousy communist.

I'm not so sure about that. Look at where this thing is spreading the most. It's in Democrat areas. Every person that dies is likely to be a Democrat voter.

It is in areas with high population density....you stupid fucks think the virus cares about parties?

Did I say that? Sorry, but USMB doesn't allow us to message with crayons.

that explains why you have such a hard time with your post making sense...you cannot use your main tool for communicating.

I really thought what I wrote could be understood by an 8 year old. I said the virus is having the most impact in Democrat areas, and you respond by asking if the virus is partisan? I mean, WTF??? :aug08_031:

The sterilization of medical masks is horseshit. We should not change the rules based on shortages...this is putting people's lives in danger.

A month ago a nurse could have been written up or fired for reusing a mask...and now it is all hunky dory!
Sterile is sterile and an idiot is an idiot.

Who said it was not safe a month ago......I mean outside of a nurse on Facebook?

The FDA, that is why they had to put out new rules. A month ago a nurse would have gotten written up or fired for using the same mask with different patients.
Link?

read the OP dumbass...
I did. The link says nothing about your imaginary "write ups"..

Cut and paste where you see it.

The OP said they changed the rules, the write ups come from personal knowledge

Not everyone in the world is as clueless as you.
So, you lied. No link, you lied.

Since you asked....

“We’re being asked to do something we would have been reprimanded for a month ago. We’re putting ourselves and our patients in danger by doing this,

And masks will magically appear from Unicorn queefs and Pixie farts.

Asking for perfection when good enough will work is stupid.

That is easy for you to say sitting behind your computer when you are not the one being put at risk...people like you are the fucking problem.

Cool, hope it works for some and doesn't harm as many as it helps. Time will tell.

“Anecdotal reports suggest that these drugs may offer some benefit in the treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
“The safety profile of these drugs has only been studied for FDA approved indications, not COVID-19.”

While we bicker about how good or bad of a job Trump did during this crisis, the left refuses to believe their beloved bureaucracies had anything to do with it. Blame Trump, all the time. Now perhaps these medications can save many more lives. When they do, look for the left to blame Trump about how long it took him to make these drugs available for general use.

It is a unproven drug with no hard facts to support it. There is no solid evidence that this will save lives. It is a hail mary pass at this point in time.

Who said it was not safe a month ago......I mean outside of a nurse on Facebook?

The FDA, that is why they had to put out new rules. A month ago a nurse would have gotten written up or fired for using the same mask with different patients.
Link?

read the OP dumbass...

Since you asked....

“We’re being asked to do something we would have been reprimanded for a month ago. We’re putting ourselves and our patients in danger by doing this,

apple: orange.jpeg

It is a unproven drug with no hard facts to support it. There is no solid evidence that this will save lives. It is a hail mary pass at this point in time.

There is solid evidence that IT HAS saved lives. There have just been no clinical studies on it because it's altogether new.

Link?

read the OP dumbass...

Since you asked....

View attachment 317526

I was asked for a link about nurses being reprimanded previously for what they are told to do now...and I proved it.

How the fuck is that apples to oranges?

sometimes a hail mary is what is called for.

The problem with the anti-malaria drugs is they give you hellacious runs until your body adjusts to them. Maybe that's how they work....just rip everything lingering in your guts out. The Chloroquine they gave us in Vietnam stopped being effective as the parasite evolved....the crap they replaced it with made men crazy later in life...the Gulf War Vets are tracing their PTSD symptoms to it.

sometimes a hail mary is what is called for.

Yep, they totally work - About once in a blue moon. :cool:

The problem with the anti-malaria drugs is they give you hellacious runs until your body adjusts to them. Maybe that's how they work....just rip everything lingering in your guts out. The Chloroquine they gave us in Vietnam stopped being effective as the parasite evolved....the crap they replaced it with made men crazy later in life...the Gulf War Vets are tracing their PTSD symptoms to it.

and if you have any kidney issues it lingers in the body longer and makes it easier to OD on

Link?

read the OP dumbass...

Since you asked....

View attachment 317526

I was asked for a link about nurses being reprimanded previously for what they are told to do now...and I proved it.

How the fuck is that apples to oranges?

It's applies and oranges because you dug up an article about nurses objecting to wearing the same untreated mask over and over again. These are sterilized masks we're talking about here. Two different subjects.

Assuming you are a victim of the MSM. Try watching this video and then tell me what you think.

And masks will magically appear from Unicorn queefs and Pixie farts.

Asking for perfection when good enough will work is stupid.

That is easy for you to say sitting behind your computer when you are not the one being put at risk...people like you are the fucking problem.

I am staying inside at the request of my State government. My risk is still there because I go out shopping and run errands with NO MASK or GLOVES because I know they are of better use elsewhere. I am also able to work from home, so I am going to pay my rent, pay my bills, and continue spending $$ in the hope that helps offset those who can't.

Reuse, following proper procedures can allow new mask supplies to last longer, and give more time to ramp up production. as an Engineer I realize we don't have fucking Star Trek Replicators to make things at a push of a button.

Whiny little political hacks like you are the problem, bitching, assigning blame, and not actually doing anything constructive to help the situation.

Forum List

Back