Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

So added to the list of other doctors around the world who are vouching for this treatment, now we have the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company.

He is the CEO of a company that makes it. What did you expect the CEO to say?
Amazing how you simply ignored the first part of the post.

So added to the list of other doctors around the world who are vouching for this treatment, now we have the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company.

He is the CEO of a company that makes it. What did you expect the CEO to say?
Amazing how you simply ignored the first part of the post.
Oh, I read it. I just went back and read it again. I just hope there is more to go on by the time I might have to depend on it than Doctors and CEO's who stand to make a profit from it. I do not have Covid-19. I will wait for something more tangible and reliable than Drug manufacturers endorsements of their own product as the most promising that the company makes to treat this new disease, unless my doctor is the one prescribing it. I do not ever trust drug manufacturers to look out for the public good over their own profits. Did you ever hear of the Oxycontin law suits, where a drug company went out of way to addict people to their product, just for the sake of profits. Heck, Rush Limbaugh learned the hard way, so bad he was shopping doctors in multiple states to feed his habit and the manufacturer was smiling all the way to the bank.

Should we just skip the clinical trials, then? Some doctors are trying it anyway, aren't they, if there is nothing else working?
Other drugs show some promise. Multiple drugs are being tested.
---Treatments for COVID-19: Drugs being tested against the coronavirus---

Is it that surprising that a drug manufacturer would be pleased that one of the drugs they already make is released for other uses without any further testing required? Nobody even knows if it works, but they do know they can make a fortune from it. What a surprise.

I hope that the hydroxychloroquine works. I did, unfortunately, just see that another small study showed it having no effect on the COVID-19 virus. Hydroxychloroquine Is Ineffective In Treatment Of Patients Hospitalized With Covid-19, According To Small Controlled Trial From Shanghai

All of the trials done so far seem to be very small-scale. I don't think anyone here can really say with much certainty that it will end up being effective. However, considering it has been used for treating other conditions long before now, meaning there is already a good knowledge base regarding the side-effects, I have no problem with it being used as a treatment right now. I think it's probably best to limit it to severe cases until more research is done, but why not use a relatively safe treatment that might not work, as opposed to no real treatment at all?

While I agree that the CEO of a company that makes the drug isn't the best indicator of its efficacy, the article states that the company is willing to donate 130 million doses and is supporting clinical trials. That at least doesn't sound like they are going to completely milk the possible profits from this. :dunno:

While I agree that the CEO of a company that makes the drug isn't the best indicator of its efficacy, the article states that the company is willing to donate 130 million doses and is supporting clinical trials. That at least doesn't sound like they are going to completely milk the possible profits from this. :dunno:

I wonder how much tax write off they get for 130 million doses.

As President Trump and others have indicated weeks ago, there is a cure. Tiny Tony Fauci needs to be fired ASAP and governors who opposed the cure need to be removed from office ASAP!

Even from a Fake News source!

As President Trump and others have indicated weeks ago, there is a cure. Tiny Tony Fauci needs to be fired ASAP and governors who opposed the cure need to be removed from office ASAP!

Even from a Fake News source!

IT WILL MUTATE THEN
Are you referring that the virus is smart?

Leftists are gonna swoop in here and say no, no, no it's not reliable, hasn't been tested, etc. In reality they don't WANT a cure and we all know it.
Just turn that around. If it did turn out to be "yes" it's not reliable, would it be a left vs. right issue any longer?

do they make the drug?

BTW, yes they do. And that's makes them very well acquainted with the medicine's capabilities. If others agree, they are ready, able and willing to ramp up production.

Of course they are, this will be a gold mine for them

This is wonderful news.
Unfortunately, this doctor’s work helps the the global community and Trump so the the liberal media has either igored, attacked or mocked his research.
He's not the first one Shawnee

I forget the Doc's name, but he concluded almost a century ago we as 'host' can survive alkaline levels a virus can not

Guess who discredited his research....?

~S~
finally found him>>>

“No disease, including cancer, can exist in an alkaline environment.”
-Dr. Otto Warburg

~S~

.they have been studying these drugs on SARs and Merv for Freaking years...........that's why they knew it might work in the first place.
Yes, but that is not evidence that it DOES work. They have tested it on many viruses on which it does not work. Everyone knows there is good reason to run clinical trials, that's not in dispute. So, wait for them. See how simple?

These people don't really want these drugs to work. Let's just be honest

do they make the drug?

BTW, yes they do. And that's makes them very well acquainted with the medicine's capabilities. If others agree, they are ready, able and willing to ramp up production.

Of course they are, this will be a gold mine for them
There is no patent on Quinine. If it works, thank God and those who produce it. If you don't like it, don't take it.

Prove Darwin right.

Forum List

Back