Hush money? Ex-Michigan health director got payout from Governor Whitmer in confidentiality deal

If one has to pay someone $150,000 to "not sue" the taxpayers should be demanding a full accounting of the reasons why. This should not be permitted unless approved through the same ways any spending is approved.

what are they trying to hide, my friends? ARE THEY HIDING THE NUMBERS? this i like Cuomo, but with a V...

I doubt she did anything wrong. His father just died.
-------------------------------------------

"This has been a grueling time for millions of families, including mine. Late last year, both my parents contracted COVID," Gordon wrote.

"My father, Alan Gordon, died on Saturday. He was a public employee who worked on behalf of individuals leaving prison or just finding a home. He taught me that what matters most in life is our service to others....I am grateful to have served."

Republican lawmakers are calling for more transparency from the governor and the state health department about Gordon's departure. Several lawmakers have said Gordon was difficult to work with, and many have pushed back against the pandemic powers he used to issue business and gathering restrictions.

Ex-health director Robert Gordon releases statement on departure (freep.com)

He repeatedly defended those restrictions while director, and did so again in his statement Tuesday.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back