Hurricane shows up, everybody finds GOD...lol

If I was in a life or death situation, last thing I would do is look to Santta Cl. errr God. I would be trying to save my family, myself and others.

How to stay safe from a hurricane...
:cool:
How hurricanes kill -- it's not always what you think
29 Oct.`12 - Hurricane Sandy is already stressing millions of people living on the eastern seaboard, but it’s not likely to kill anywhere near the number of people who would have died in such a storm 100 years ago. That’s because weather and emergency officials can get people out of the worst flood zones in time.
So what are the most likely 21st century causes of death? Carbon monoxide poisoning often leads the list, as people turn to grills and gas stoves in power outages. Flash flooding and storm surges are also big killers. Each hurricane is different and while a large percentage of deaths are from drowning, it’s not necessarily always the main cause. Heart attacks can also kill people, especially the elderly.

Katrina, which hit the Gulf Coast in 2005, was the deadliest hurricane this century. Officials tried to evacuate residents in low-lying areas, but several hundred people died in Louisiana when levees failed and floodwaters poured in, quickly and silently, as people slept. Louisiana’s chief health official, Dr. Raoult Ratard, and colleagues counted 971 deaths in Louisiana alone that could be directly blamed on Katrina. Forty percent had drowned, 25 percent of people died from injuries including carbon monoxide poisoning and 11 percent died from heart conditions, which may have been exacerbated by stress or lack of access to medical care. Nearly, half, 49 percent, of the victims were aged 75 or older – showing how the frail are often most at risk.

Carbon monoxide poisoning – usually listed under injuries – killed 10 people in Alabama and Texas after Katrina and a second hurricane, Rita, hit and power went out, often for weeks. “Few homes had functioning carbon monoxide detectors,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state health officials wrote in a report published afterwards. “CDC continues to recommend that generators be placed far from homes, away from window air conditioners, and that carbon monoxide detectors be used by all households operating gasoline-powered appliances (e.g., generators and gas furnaces), with batteries replaced yearly.”

Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas generated when natural gas, gasoline, coal and other fuels are burned. Victims usually don’t notice they are being affected and they can die in their sleep. The first symptom is often sleepiness or nausea, as well as headache. It can be a problem any time of year but especially during power outages as people turn to other sources to cook and to heat or cool their homes. “Don't run a car or truck inside a garage attached to your house, even if you leave the door open. Don't heat your house with a gas oven,” CDC cautions.

MORE

I have been in combat in a foxhole and wounded and I remained an Atheist.

I am not a fear driven person. Although I was scared shitless in combat, one expects to die at any moment.
Explains why I am not a Republican ;)

Last edited:

I am not a fear driven person. Although I was scared shitless in combat, one expects to die at any moment.

But the shit stains left in your uniform tell a different tale...lol...because while your mind and mouth didn't cry out for GOD I bet your asshole did...lol...don't lie

:clap2:

But the shit stains left in your uniform tell a different tale...lol...because while your mind and mouth didn't cry out for GOD I bet your asshole did...lol...don't lie

:clap2:

So you are saying that it is really assholes who cry out for god?

Forum List

Back