Hurricane Harvy.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
Well, work has been called off until Monday. Have to get ready for the storm. I have some proper on I10 east to get ready, then my place here. So far kiddos are still going to school.

Oh, I thought it said "Hurricane Party", oops.

Stock up on beer and Ice!

Beer done. I should do my windows to. I cleaned the property by Winnie yesterday, so by rights I should be allowed to party. Making ice over time. The bestnhalf will leave work at noon to get Camp fire type food. We know how to cook in our fireplace. I'm thinking we will just sit and watch Houston panic.

Beer done. I should do my windows to. I cleaned the property by Winnie yesterday, so by rights I should be allowed to party. Making ice over time. The bestnhalf will leave work at noon to get Camp fire type food. We know how to cook in our fireplace. I'm thinking we will just sit and watch Houston panic.
You got a raft?

You got a raft?

Na. Where I reside waders will do. And my cooler floats.

My neighbors are from California...
They panic every time a storm develops in the Gulf.

We had Alecia our first year in Houston. After this storm your neighbors will be like, "meh".

We had Alecia our first year in Houston. After this storm your neighbors will be like, "meh".

I'm waiting for him to start boarding up the windows anytime now.

Lol, does the know? You are supposed to leave the boards off the windows. It's how hustonions get their bass boats. Ain't been to Home Depot yet, but propane is gone by 7am. Bet plywood brings a primium by Friday morning.

Lol, does the know? You are supposed to leave the boards off the windows. It's how hustonions get their bass boats. Ain't been to Home Depot yet, but propane is gone by 7am. Bet plywood brings a primium by Friday morning.

I really dont need to do anything other than throw the patio furniture in the pool and get some extra gas for the generator.

I really dont need to do anything other than throw the patio furniture in the pool and get some extra gas for the generator.
Why throw it in the pool?

You are ready pretty much. Grab a six pack to. Maybe a 12.

I was pretty complacent about hurricanes too, until Rita ate my house and spit the splinters out half a block away. Call me a pussy if you want, but I'm packin my stuff up and headed north.

So it's out of the way and the wind won't blow it all over. I gotta go to my ma's and put all the potted plants up.
Y

I was pretty complacent about hurricanes too, until Rita ate my house and spit the splinters out half a block away. Call me a pussy if you want, but I'm packin my stuff up and headed north.

While Rita to most was a whole lotta of nothing folks forget that a good chunk of area got pasted pretty bad. We only got annoyed by Rita. Ike is the one that killed us. My dwelling at this time is built to post Ike code and we on a second floor. You are no pussy.

While Rita to most was a whole lotta of nothing folks forget that a good chunk of area got pasted pretty bad. We only got annoyed by Rita. Ike is the one that killed us. My dwelling at this time is built to post Ike code and we on a second floor. You are no pussy.

So many pine trees were down till the whole town smelled like somebody spilled a bottle of Pine-Sol for damn near a month.

So they dont become missiles.

So it's out of the way and the wind won't blow it all over. I gotta go to my ma's and put all the potted plants up.
Y

Looking at where it's going to hit I dont expect much more than 40 mph winds here in Katy.

So many pine trees were down till the whole town smelled like somebody spilled a bottle of Pine-Sol for damn near a month.

I was in Nassau bay here in league city. It took me and my boys burning up two chain saws and six axe handles cleaning just so we could work. Many are glib about hurricanes, that's fine, but you. Definitely need a plan Band C.

I was in Nassau bay here in league city. It took me and my boys burning up two chain saws and six axe handles cleaning just so we could work. Many are glib about hurricanes, that's fine, but you. Definitely need a plan Band C.

I'm always ready for em,living on the Gulf coast you'd be crazy not to be.
I hate all the last minute people at the grocery store when all I want to do is pick up a couple gallons of milk and some TP.
Saw one guy with an SUV with water bottles completely filling the back.
My answer to water is to have an Ozarks account and over buy for a few months....I have over sixty gallons on hand at all times.

New Topics

Forum List

Back