Huntsman slams Perry on global warming

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Huntsman slams Perry on global warming, Fed chief

"When we take a position that isn't willing to embrace evolution, when we take a position that basically runs counter to what 98 of 100 climate scientists have said, what the National Academy of Science has said about what is causing climate change and man's contribution to it, I think we find ourselves on the wrong side of science, and, therefore, in a losing position," Huntsman told ABC's "This Week."

Read more: Huntsman slams Perry on global warming, Fed chief

"When we take a position that isn't willing to embrace evolution, when we take a position that basically runs counter to what 98 of 100 climate scientists have said, what the National Academy of Science has said about what is causing climate change and man's contribution to it, I think we find ourselves on the wrong side of science, and, therefore, in a losing position," Huntsman told ABC's "This Week."

Another liberal slams Perry...go figure.

Political Flunky thinks it's news worthy.

It’s very newsworthy, a very important issue. It’s about the future of the GOP. Will the party join the democrats to work together promoting responsible governance, or will the party continue to deteriorate to extreme rightist irrelevancy.

Huntsman said he couldn't remember a time when "we actually were willing to shun science and become a party that was antithetical to science. I'm not sure that's good for our future and it's not a winning formula," according to interview excerpts released Saturday by ABC's "This Week." The full interview is set to air today.

You guys want to win again, right? Listen to Huntsman, it sounds like he’s smart enough to know the TPM nitwits and rightist ideologues need to be kicked to the backseat and allow the grown-ups to run things again.
"These sideshows," Huntsman said, take "us that much farther off the ball" from the focus of fixing the economy and creating jobs.

Indeed, Bachmann, Palin, Perry – all sideshows (freak shows is more like it…), the people want their elected officials from both sides of the aisle to address these and other issues that mean something to them, not pander to their radical base on the fringe.

With all the problems facing the US, I believe that global warming would be the least of our worries.

Huntsman does not take low blows and I like that. Did not know much about this fella till he ran. He seems to have his head on straight, for a Republican anyways.

It’s very newsworthy, a very important issue. It’s about the future of the GOP. Will the party join the democrats to work together promoting responsible governance, or will the party continue to deteriorate to extreme rightist irrelevancy.

Huntsman said he couldn't remember a time when "we actually were willing to shun science and become a party that was antithetical to science. I'm not sure that's good for our future and it's not a winning formula," according to interview excerpts released Saturday by ABC's "This Week." The full interview is set to air today.
You guys want to win again, right? Listen to Huntsman, it sounds like he’s smart enough to know the TPM nitwits and rightist ideologues need to be kicked to the backseat and allow the grown-ups to run things again.
"These sideshows," Huntsman said, take "us that much farther off the ball" from the focus of fixing the economy and creating jobs.
Indeed, Bachmann, Palin, Perry – all sideshows (freak shows is more like it…), the people want their elected officials from both sides of the aisle to address these and other issues that mean something to them, not pander to their radical base on the fringe.

Huntsman should run against Obama...for the nomination...you can back him in the Democrats Primary race.

Last edited:
I don't think the person who is going to win the GOP nomination has stepped forward yet and tossed their hat into the fray. I think there are more to come. Hope so. We have a pretty sorry lot trying to become the next President. I'm not necessarily speaking about Palin. I think there is some one else waiting in the wings...

Another willfully ignorant asshole goes kicking and screaming into the future.:lol:

Huntsman should run for the Democratic Nomination. He'd be a lot more at home there.

The GOP has already filled it's quota of RINO Mormon Liberals with Romney.

I think the fact that you praise Huntsman is exactly the reason why he isn't even showing up in polling on the GOP side right now. If you like him so much, put him up for the DEMOCRATIC nomination. He'd do a better job than the Community Organizer would.

Most Americans don't care about Global Warming. They care about the fact that there aren't enough jobs to go around. Imposing a lot of restrictions doesn't slow down the creation of CO2, it just moves the places that make them to other countries, and they get the jobs.

40 years ago, these same scientists were insisting that we were entering a new ice age. Now they are insisting we are going to boil to death. You can kind of see why we are tuning them out.

You can tell someone is a moron as soon as they start seriously talking about Manmade Global Warming

ooooooooooooooooo, he SLAMS Perry..

Huntsman should just change his party affiliation.

Never heard of him till he started running for President, kinda like the Obama. :lol:

Last edited:

I hope he gets the Vice slot with Romney.

I may not like Romney or Huntsman politically..but they are not batshit crazies.

I hope he gets the Vice slot with Romney.

I may not like Romney or Huntsman politically..but they are not batshit crazies.

No, but Romney will pander to them when it is politically expedient for him to do so. That's his bag baby!

I like what I've seen of Hunstman for the most part. I doubt he will even sniff the nomination but if he did I could see myself voting for him. The rest of the GOP field is worthless.

[.

Anybody who works with the Democrats are traitors imho.

[.

Traitors to who? The republican party? Who cares. Country over party is what matters.

[.

Traitors to who? The republican party? Who cares. Country over party is what matters.

A Traitor to every one who died for your freedom to hate aMerican exceptionalism.

[.

I hope you are using ridiculous hyperbole to make some kind of point...albeit one that is lost on me.

Forum List

Back