Hunger Among Americans 50-Plus Spikes 80 Percent, New Study Says (SLIDESHOW)

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
"Food Insecurity among Older Adults" is the first report to examine the youngest of the baby boomers -- those between the ages of 50 and 59. This group faces the unusual challenge of being too young for Social Security and Medicare and too old for aid that's allotted for people with children.

"For the first time, we have a fuller picture of hunger risk among all Americans 50-plus," said AARP Foundation President Jo Ann Jenkins in a press release. "But sadly, it's far more bleak than before."

1. Mississippi 13.79%
2. New Mexico 12.37%
3. Arizona 12.08%
4. Texas 11.33%

More: Hunger Among Americans 50-Plus Spikes 80 Percent, New Study Says (SLIDESHOW)

Food Insecurity Among Older Adults

3279236161_c0e90e2e6d_o.gif

So why is this in politics? Shouldn't it be in some health or eating area? Or are you really trying to tie this to Rick Perry starving people over 50...............................?

This reminds me, I really need to put your dumb ass on ignore.

"Food Insecurity among Older Adults" is the first report to examine the youngest of the baby boomers -- those between the ages of 50 and 59. This group faces the unusual challenge of being too young for Social Security and Medicare and too old for aid that's allotted for people with children.

"For the first time, we have a fuller picture of hunger risk among all Americans 50-plus," said AARP Foundation President Jo Ann Jenkins in a press release. "But sadly, it's far more bleak than before."

1. Mississippi 13.79%
2. New Mexico 12.37%
3. Arizona 12.08%
4. Texas 11.33%

More: Hunger Among Americans 50-Plus Spikes 80 Percent, New Study Says (SLIDESHOW)

ooooo Huff Po... it MUST be true!

The link to the actual report on the Huff Po page gives a page not found error.

This reminds me, I really need to put your dumb ass on ignore.

Good for a laugh or two every once in a while.... :lol:

TM is all the LOLingz I need. No one, I mean no one comes as close as TM at making an ass of themselves on these boards. TM is like watching a parody of what a "stupid fucking liberal" would look like... But it's real. The rest, like the OP and a few others (Shaman/RW/Rtard/Zona/Chris) are just competing for second place lol.

http://www.drivetoendhunger.org/downloads/AARP_Hunger_Report.pdf
Comparing food secure to food insecure adults ages 50-59, intakes of most major
nutrients are statistically lower among the food insecure, but the differences are not
especially large in magnitude
So, the intake of most major nutrients are not large in magnitude. Meaning what? They are only a little peckish, and not 'really' hungry?

Food insecure 50-59 year old adults are almost twice as likely to be diabetic (19% versus 2%), are far less likely to be in excellent or very good health (17% versus 44%), are over five times more likely to suffer from depression (16% versus 3%)
Wow... diabetics and people who are not healthy don't eat and are depressed? Really? No shit, Sherlock.

Thanks for the Depression, lyin' cheatin' pubs- now obstructing and fear mongering the recovery... the dupes are absolutely brainwashed, blaming the victims and pandering to the cheating rich- BRILLIANT. Thr rest of the country is getting it now. Banana Republicans...

ooooo Huff Po... it MUST be true!

The link to the actual report on the Huff Po page gives a page not found error.

No, Sparky, it's AARP - and I gave you the direct link to that report in the OP. I was aware that the HuffPo link didn't work.

Using banana and republican together is an insult to us banana republics. Enjoy your banana tomorrow and maybe one of my organic pineapples........if you can afford one .:cool:

1. Mississippi 13.79%
2. New Mexico 12.37%
3. Arizona 12.08%
4. Texas 11.33%

Listen dude.

Those Bush tax cuts are important. No matter who dies.

The rich need their wealth..because..it's nice to have.

Far worse was the retired fire marshal who died in June. Like many of the others, he was too young to collect Social Security. “When they found him, he had no electricity and no running water in his house,” said David Anders, 58, a retired district fire chief. “He was a proud enough man that he wouldn’t accept help.”

When Governments Shortchange Their Pension Funds To Finance Tax Cuts, Misery Follows | Crooks and Liars

That man bravely gave his life for the wealthy to get obscenely wealthy..

Should we all take a lesson from it? :clap2:

Obama's fault, it's his fault people don't have the money to buy food.

and another thing, didn't MaBella Obama tell us we are ALL TOO FAT?

man oh man, which friggen ONE IS IT.:lol:

Forum List

Back