Hundreds Protest Fatal Police Shooting in Washington

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
A protest held here Saturday over the police killing of a Mexican-born apple picker had the air of a mournful family picnic.
About 500 people gathered at a park to protest the death of Antonio Zambrano-Montes, 35, who was killed Tuesday after three officers chased him through a busy intersection with their guns drawn. As he turned to face them, raising his arms, he was felled by their bullets.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Perhaps the public outcry over the killings of Eric Garner and Michael Brown have resulted in a change in policy. Perhaps now cops who kill innocent people will start to face the consequences for their actions and at least be charged and tried in court, where their guilt or innocence can actually be determined, instead of summarily never even charging them and almost never indicting them.

Perhaps criminals will learn not to run from the cops or resist arrest unless they want a significant case of LEAD POISONING.

Can't help but wonder where all this anti-police crap is headed. Are we gonna have unarmed police, or have them go back to 6 shot .38 revolvers?

While I agree they shouldnt have shot the guy,he shouldnt have thrown rocks at the cops.
He apparently hit one them with a softball sized rock,which could easily kill someone.

Play stupid games,win stupid prizes...

While I agree they shouldnt have shot the guy,he shouldnt have thrown rocks at the cops. He apparently hit one them with a softball sized rock,which could easily kill someone.

Exactly. Do not start a fight you are not both willing and capable of winning.

A protest held here Saturday over the police killing of a Mexican-born apple picker had the air of a mournful family picnic.
About 500 people gathered at a park to protest the death of Antonio Zambrano-Montes, 35, who was killed Tuesday after three officers chased him through a busy intersection with their guns drawn. As he turned to face them, raising his arms, he was felled by their bullets.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Perhaps the public outcry over the killings of Eric Garner and Michael Brown have resulted in a change in policy. Perhaps now cops who kill innocent people will start to face the consequences for their actions and at least be charged and tried in court, where their guilt or innocence can actually be determined, instead of summarily never even charging them and almost never indicting them.

You need probable cause of a crime to charge anyone..cops included. If the cop committed no crime...you cant cbarge them. They are allowed to defend themselves while making an arrest.

You want to charge them with making everyone sad??

While I agree they shouldnt have shot the guy,he shouldnt have thrown rocks at the cops. He apparently hit one them with a softball sized rock,which could easily kill someone.

Exactly. Do not start a fight you are not both willing and capable of winning.

You gotta figure he was drunk or a complete moron.
I love the standard response from the family...But he was such a nice man.

So he was hurling softball size rocks at cops and citizens. And cops shot him.

Why is there a protest again?

You gotta figure he was drunk or a complete moron.
I love the standard response from the family...But he was such a nice man.

I'm a nice guy too.... Until you get me pissed off, extremely tired or otherwise inhibit my mental facilities. Then I turn into a creature you don't want to deal with.

Maybe because cops could handle with this situation some different ways?

Thats the standard answer. A softball size rock to the head is deadly. If you throw them at a cop....I have no sympathies for whatever the cop decides to.do to defend himself.

I agree the video looks bad but the cops didn't have shields besides the ones they were wearing. Would you want to spend the rest of your life drooling into a cup in a nursing home because appeasing onlookers was more important?

Or better yet ...dont throw rocks at people.

No no no......minorities are entitled to assault cops now. Rocks. Fists. Try to take their guns. Point guns at them.

Cops should be obligated to allow themselves to be assaulted daily without self defense.

Thats the standard answer. A softball size rock to the head is deadly. If you throw them at a cop....I have no sympathies for whatever the cop decides to.do to defend himself.
Maybe that was just another case of suicide by cop

No no no......minorities are entitled to assault cops now. Rocks. Fists. Try to take their guns. Point guns at them.

Cops should be obligated to allow themselves to be assaulted daily without self defense.

Thats what gets me. With all the screaming about supposed excessive force by the police,you'd think these idiots would stop putting themselves in the position to find out for certain.

Thats what gets me. With all the screaming about supposed excessive force by the police,you'd think these idiots would stop putting themselves in the position to find out for certain.

Yep. Its like these idiots who go try to live with bears or lions....and one day get mauled. And people are so upset and sad and say they cant believe it happened and how nice the man was.

Yeah....but bitch, he tried to live with bears.

You go out and commit crimes and attack cops....eventually the cops are gonna maul your ass.

Forum List

Back