Hulu: Prey

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This is a prequel to the Predator franchise, and takes place on the Great Plains in 1719.

The prey in this film are members of the Comanche nation. Actual Native Americans are cast members. The central character is Naru, a young woman who wants to be a great hunter like her brother and the other men of the tribe.

Naru spends every day practicing to be a great hunter.

I've only seen the first Predator movie, and this one holds up just as well as the original.

Definitely worth watching if you have Hulu.

As a rule of thumb, I disagree with g5k BUT I just so happen to have recently seen Prey. And get this. He is right.

It was a good flick. And the lead actress was exceptional in it. Terrific scenery shots, too. Kudos to the cinematographer.

I find it a bit hard to believe a scrawny chick can take on a huge Predator alien. Looks like woke garbage.
I expected it to be woke crap. The predator was bound to be an extreme example of western oppression, and so forth. I was pleasantly surprised.

The lead actress, Ms. Midthunder, played the part of a young woman who was smart, well-trained and had some luck and some allies on her side.

Worth taking a risk on.

I don't have hulu, but I sure would like to see this movie. Maybe someday another streaming service will show it.

I find it a bit hard to believe a scrawny chick can take on a huge Predator alien. Looks like woke garbage.

We watched Prey for movie night last Friday. I had expected the movie to be woke garbage, as do you. The movie really wasn't that bad, until the end scene. For the time being, at least, it seems the only new installments of treasured action/horror classics such as Predator, will come at the expense of being chock full of modern, and yes woke, politics. All of that being said, the action scenes were pretty good and there were lots of gory sci-fi monster kill shots. I watched the original Predator movie and part two as well, just to get the bad taste of modern film making out of my mouth with some welcome nostalgia. All in all Prey is worth a watch, if for no other reason than to treat it like a Mystery Science 3000 episode.

She doesn't take the predator down all by herself. She has a lot of help from the men in the tribe. :lol:

She spends a lot of time trying to convince them the predator exists. Once they all realize it does, they gang up on it.

As a rule of thumb, I disagree with g5k BUT I just so happen to have recently seen Prey. And get this. He is right.

It was a good flick. And the lead actress was exceptional in it. Terrific scenery shots, too. Kudos to the cinematographer.
Yes the scenery shots were fantastic, like a Western film from back in the 20th Century.
Dog steals the film - of course.

Hmm... problems...
1) The Predator beings were indeed larger than human beings, and therefore stronger. But strong enough to pick up a 600lb. bear like it is a sack of potatoes?... No.
2) Predators would not have hunted these hunters. They didn't hunt hunters. They hunted warriors. They would have hunted the Comanches. They would leave these people alone. Not interested in them.
3) A small female being a hunter?? - yeah, no. American Indians revered the elderly, including older females. Some even had women in positions of power within their structure. But hunters?? Absolutely not.

I take issue every time Hollywood wants to resurrect a past successful franchise because they are too lazy to create one.
If that wasn't bad enough, they insist on injecting wokeness and political messaging.
This looks to be exactly what this movie is.

Forum List

Back