hubby wants a prius

The problem with hybrids, not just a Prius, is that they have 2 complete drive trains, both gas and electric, so you have twice as many possible points of failure.
And the batteries are over $5k.

If you just get a VW Golf or Honda Civic, you can get even better mileage, like 40 mpg, and save the extra weight of all those batteries.

And a man can be just as much an emasculated pussy driving either of those as driving a Prius, but at least more affordably.

so all you micro dicks with large trucks can stfu....

so update... he is talking to a dealer about a prius....mentioned it to me yesterday...i dont get it...i mention it most likely wont get up the drive...long long drive uphill drive...across the snowy bridge and up drive...he says he will fix up the driveway and i say...hey why dont you fix the drive way first and then we can talk....o hell the mouthy woman strikes again...he is rolling over all the stuff to convince me ...how the gas mileage is great then he slips in ...stiff suspension...now that perks me up...i prefer caddies cause they are like driving your sofa around....but hell a caddie aint what we need in the maintains but damn i loved the one i had...i digress...so now he is saying you can replace just the cells in the battery and its not a fortune..yea yea i say but back to this suspension....so now we are gonna buy a car for gas mileage on long trips that will kill our bodies on long trips...reminding him again i prefer a nice ride...now he is saying they are great in the mountains cause they have power....

and i just found an article....lol...drivers who should not have a prius ....and i kinda hit them all...825 lbs of cargo lol...wtf....
hubby is a big boned....lol...hell my dogs would and crates would me more....no wheelspin would be a problem...5.5 inches of clearance...wth? lol another odd thing about the hubby....he doesnt like a full gravel drive way....ours is an old fashioned two path drive...with a good size grass strip in the middle....seems that would need to be scraped and leveled then loads of gravel...loads of gravel...did i mention he loves long bridges too...trucks refuse to go on bridge due to entire weight aveis on bridge in the middle...no legit dump truck drive will risk it...i forget how long the bridge is...*it has steel under it but appears to be all wood from the top*

and yall could be a wee bit more helpful...

here is the article...

i have six pets....3 dogs...two 55 lbs...one 20 lbs...3 cats with crates...they would be snug in the car i have but the roo has plenty of room....i am not having 3 cars...i am not having any car that i cant evacuate myself and my pets in...and i know damn well he wont give up his all wheel drive...no more getting lost in the mountains..that would kill him..we spend way too much time on roads with signs saying "your gps is wrong dont turn here"

well he is up and now pissed....apparently his plan is to sell my car..keep his and buy the prius...we just hit a hill i will die on..not selling blanche for his prius...not happening....his roo can go and that wont happen...shortly i will be reminding him i aint no southern baptist submissive woman...his dumbass married a pagan and all that implies....

Has he ever ridden in one?
Just curious why he is so stuck on this car. It's not like Prius is an awesome car or anything. If anything it is a very average, kind of ugly, little car. To boot, it is known for below average snow traction, with a stated maximum of 3" and be able to drive.
Where you guys are with average of 45" a year... I mean... a Prius isn't exactly the car you need,

Well if I could pick any car...

2022-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-heritage-edition-05-1636729612.jpg

i love muscle cars..they wont make it up the drive either ...i am in an area where all wheel drives are needed...i park blanche for the winter once they start chemical treatments of the roads..

After spending a week close to where you guys are, Bonzi and I are keeping that area as one of the possible places we will retire to.

When a hybrid breaks it's big bucks to repair, and you have to take it to a dealership because most auto mechanic shops won't touch them.

A Prius also has 2 complete different drive systems, the gasoline one and the electric one.
So there are twice as many possible points of failure than any other car.

If you want an all wheel drive car with good ground clearance and good mileage, get a turbo diesel Tiguan.
Over 40 mpg.
Engine last forever.
Lots of room.

All those batteries add a lot of weight, making a Prius much worse mileage if you have a lot of hills to go up and down.
All that weight also makes for very bad risk on snow, when braking or turning.

All those batteries add a lot of weight, making a Prius much worse mileage if you have a lot of hills to go up and down.
All that weight also makes for very bad risk on snow, when braking or turning.
Interesting, I was reading about this and a guy who road test vehicles for a living said that in light snow, the Prius is imperceptible from other front wheel drive cars. But in heavier snow he said the car definitely wants to continue forward when taking off despite your wheels are turned. We all experience this in front wheel drive cars, he said the Prius, particularly the heavier 3,300 lb. models, do it noticeably worse. Also, due to the Prius using braking power to recharge the batteries, make the brakes "grabby" in the winter causing more sliding.

Plus those Itty bitty tires can't take the potholes...
They will rip the wheels right off the thing.
Alignment? You will lose it right after getting it put in. Get used to buying new tires every fourth tank of gas.

Trendy?
Not!

Get a BMW or a Nissan. Nissan are ugly but more reliable than a prius. Better yet get a Chrysler product...

New cars all suck. Everything is in short supply. Get used to the idea...gonna be a while before things get normal.

New Topics

Forum List

Back