How would your life change?

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
If at noon today there was published irrefutable proof that explained how the universe came to be how would your life change , especially if that data disproves what you believed?

If at noon today there was published irrefutable proof that explained how the universe came to be how would your life change , especially if that data disproves what you believed?
Knowing something doesn't really change the reality of the world we live in. The only thing I can think of that would change people is them being told they have x amount of time to live.

I don't know, I guess I'm not really your target audience.

I don't believe anything, so it would just make me more knowledgeable.

My life would not change one bit. I have no belief system at stake should some definite answer materialize for what is essentially a meaningless question.

If God comes down at noon and reveals himself, I will offer to have a beer with him

I would do as I do now, just bang my head against a wall trying to show other people what the truth is as they prefer to believe a lie.

Oh, and I would presume knowing would at least win me a cookie.

I'm not certain many people are stuck on one option?

If you believe in God, like I do, science does not conflict with Him, science is simply the tool used, in trying to explain Him, and what he did! :D
Like making plants before sunlight?
Or how the Earth has four corners?
There are MANY biblical errors proven by science.

Last edited:
My life wouldnt change a bit.
If it was proven God didnt build the Cosmos, I would just giggle and go about my business.
If it was proven he did, I would be a little sad knowing the thing that created us was a judgmental, genocidal, baby killing, jealous asshole. But then I would be ok. I certainly wont start worshipping him.

If you believe in God, like I do, science does not conflict with Him, science is simply the tool used, in trying to explain Him, and what he did! :D
I was once told in school that life could not exist apart from the sun, however, years later life was discovered on the ocean floor that lives independent of the sun.

It is interesting that you think you know so much based on the little that you do know currently.

I was once told in school that life could not exist apart from the sun, however, years later life was discovered on the ocean floor that lives independent of the sun.

It is interesting that you think you know so much based on the little that you do know currently.
Faith is the last refuge of the dishonest.

But what if the published proof disproved the acts of any gods?

Knowing something doesn't really change the reality of the world we live in. The only thing I can think of that would change people is them being told they have x amount of time to live.

I don't know, I guess I'm not really your target audience.
It doesn't change the reality but it does change the perception.

If you are an atheist and the proof was evidence of god wouldn't that be something that changes your perception?

Unless the proof is capable of reproducing a universe it won't be irrefutable.

Exactly ... if it's irrefutable ... then it's not science ... but this is the philosophy forum, so we can do this !!! ...

Nothing would change right away ... but we do connect gravity with chromoelectromagnetism ... some great technologies would come out of that, but it would take many many years to develop ... anti-gravity would be exceptionally handy to have around ... perhaps a new, abundant and free source of energy ... the military applications boggle the mind ...

However ... it wouldn't change what it means to be a good citizen ... there will still be whores, thieves and beggars ... biology will still be structured around evolution ... Our Lord within will still sit in judgement of us ... and Paris Hilton will still be a slut ...

WHAT IF we discovery there was no beginning, there is no end ... the universe always has been and always will be ... the Hindus got it right, the rest of us are wrong ...

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Unless the proof is capable of reproducing a universe it won't be irrefutable.
You'll notice the question started with the word "If" which should have been a clue of the hypothetical nature of the question.

We are not capable of producing stars or planets either yet the processes by which those things are made are well known and are indeed the realm of science.

Last edited:
Exactly ... if it's irrefutable ... then it's not science ... but this is the philosophy forum, so we can do this !!! ...

Nothing would change right away ... but we do connect gravity with chromoelectromagnetism ... some great technologies would come out of that, but it would take many many years to develop ... anti-gravity would be exceptionally handy to have around ... perhaps a new, abundant and free source of energy ... the military applications boggle the mind ...

However ... it wouldn't change what it means to be a good citizen ... there will still be whores, thieves and beggars ... biology will still be structured around evolution ... Our Lord within will still sit in judgement of us ... and Paris Hilton will still be a slut ...

WHAT IF we discovery there was no beginning, there is no end ... the universe always has been and always will be ... the Hindus got it right, the rest of us are wrong ...

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will
Science is nothing but the method of validating so if there was a proof published then the scientific method would have had to be used.

Now what if the proof negated the theory of an all powerful god being the creator? Would that being still be the lord?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back