How WOKE can you go? Jay Z inducted into the Rock & Roll hall of fame?

This is criminal. BTW every spring I ramp up,

I was good friends with Eddie; did some tour photography for him some years back. This is back in 2016 during Bike Week:

thumbnail_IMG_8585.jpg

Not sure what was goin' on with that moustache.

Eddie left it all out on stage every show, every night. That he's not in the Hall of Fame is disgusting...

I am an expert as my 17 year old works hard to find music I can stand and itā€™s rap hip hop that isnā€™t overly offensive.. or itā€™s dirty as hell but has a nice sound. Lol.

I watched the Broadway mega hit Hamilton on Disney Plus.
I knew it was a rap based soundtrack but figured it must be really good if millions of people have seen the play and it has a cult following even among the older crowd.

I HATED it.

Even though I love Broadway musicals and am a big fan of American History......I just couldnā€™t sit through it.
After watching 30 minutes, I thought
It has to get better, this is a HUGE hit
So I fast forwarded the remaining two hours and couldnā€™t find anything I wanted to watch.

I canā€™t imagine if I had paid $600 a ticket to see it on Broadway

All those bars and restaurants you love that play 80s music in the background in 20 years will be playing wrap and Taylor swift as throw back to the new 40 year olds with money.
Rap has been around for 40 years.

There are no ā€œOldies Rapā€ stations
Movie Soundtracks do not have old Rap standards
Letā€™s be clear... rap/hip hop was 10% of the new music hits and other stuff was 90% over last 40
Years. It has shifted to 70% rap and hip hop 30% other. I am an expert as my 17 year old works hard to find music I can stand and itā€™s rap hip hop that isnā€™t overly offensive.. or itā€™s dirty as hell but has a nice sound. Lol.

Find a teen and have them list their favorite artists. Will make you nervous to go to restaurants in 20 years.
No question it has its following. I just donā€™t see ā€œlegsā€ in a lasting following.

Those teens and 20s are probably quite familiar with rock staples from 50 years ago. If they donā€™t know the specific artist, they recognize the song from a modern movie or TV commercial.
I donā€™t think rap will have that in 50 years.
I just could not imagine anyone in their 20s today writing what Dylan wrote in his 20s. Or what Lennon and McCartney wrote.

Apparently the committee forgot this was a ROCK honor and not a BET honor.

Beyond ridiculous that he gets in while real rock artists are passed over year after year.
Let's put aside the fact that he is a Rapper for the moment. Shouldn't someone in a music HOF have at least ONE RECORD that you remember? Can anyone name a single record that was a hit performed by Jay Z?

This years class:
Mary J. Blige
Kate Bush
Devo
Foo Fighters
The Go-Goā€™s
Iron Maiden
JAY-Z
Chaka Khan
Carole King
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J

New York Dolls
Rage Against the Machine
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
Dionne Warwick

They have run dmc, public enemy tupac etc in the R&R HoF
That is a joke in itself and blows all credibility of the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Why is it the that Country and Western Music Hall of Fame only has Country and Western musicians?

While we're changing names lets change the World Series to the United States Series as only teams from the USA can participate.

While we're changing names lets change the World Series to the United States Series as only teams from the USA can participate.
Its called the world series for a reason. Its first sponsor was the new york world telegram.

That is a joke in itself and blows all credibility of the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Why is it the that Country and Western Music Hall of Fame only has Country and Western musicians?
Should we have a Hall of Fame for every genre of music?
Do you know how many different genres of music there are?
According to the popular music streaming service Spotify, there are over 1,300 music genres in the world.
A HOF for each one?

According to the popular music streaming service Spotify, there are over 1,300 music genres in the world.
A HOF for each one?
or you have a MUSIC HoF and have different halls for each music genre,,,,

A HOF for each one?
Or simply accept the fact that the Rock and Roll hall of fame has more than just rock and roll.

A HOF for each one?
Or simply accept the fact that the Rock and Roll hall of fame has more than just rock and roll.
Rap and Disco are not Rock nor Roll and do not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.. Why let them act like parasites and make the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. pay their way? let them start their own HOF

They inducted Hall and Oats and they were not Rock-N-Roll..Simon Garfunkel.. I don't consider them rockers but it's no skin off my back if they do it...

They also added a disco act, Donna Summer.

Yet Iron Maiden didn't get into it,but a disco act which has nothing to do with rock music got into the Rock N Roll Hall of fame

Rap and Disco are not Rock nor Roll and do not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.. Why let them act like parasites and make the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. pay their way? let them start their own HOF
If your goal is not to include any artist/band that is not 'Rock and Roll' you are in for a big disappointment.

If your goal is not to include any artist/band that is not 'Rock and Roll' you are in for a big disappointment.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is already big disappointment.

I wouldn't go there if I had free tickets and dinner.
It has always been a joke. It took Bob Segar several decades to get inducted... but Foo Fighters got inducted in one year.
That is all you need to see the RRHOF is absurd.

Well, then you'd be missing out.

Their collection of memorabilia makes the Hard Rock Cafe's collection look like it's made up of hand-me-downs...

Forum List

Back