How will you use your stimulus money? I'm doing something really crazy with mine.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
It has been almost fifty years since I laid down my guitar, got a haircut and and a real job. In 1965 my cousin and I decided to start a rock band when we were freshmen in college. The Beatles were huge, and we wanted in. We grew our hair and went the whole nine yards. I had been playing since 1961 when the hootenanny days were in full swing and I got my first electric guitar in 1963. It was a piece of crap.

A local minister cosigned a loan for us, and we got two fender Mustang guitars, a Hoffman bass, A Super Reverb and a pro reverb amplifier, a Fender Bass Amp, some kind of electric organ-cannot remember the brand. Microphones and mic stands. One of our friends was an electrical engineering graduate and he built a PA system for us. That was 1966.

I quickly mastered the guitar and became the Eddie Van Halen of the city. We got tight as a band and had a lot of gigs for about five years. Unfortunately. my cousin got into drugs and went the San Francisco route-he died in 1972. I played professionally until about 1975 ending my career with the guy that wrote the song Candy Girl for the Four Seasons. He had a nightclub in the city and brought me to New York.

My wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, got pregnant and instead of jailing me, they let me marry her in a shotgun wedding. The music was done. I laid the instrument down and never played another note.

When I get the new stimulus check I am going to use it to spend about $2500 on a new guitar, probably a Strat. I will have to learn to play again but I know I can still do it. I can still picture chord progressions in my head, and I have no arthritic health issues. It has been nearly fifty years since I have picked a string but I know in my heart I can still make music on that thing.

I have posted this picture before. It is me with my wife and friends in 1971: We are center she has a drink, I have a cig:

1610714669703.png

sorry about the quality, it is an old polaroid I found at my dad's house after he died in 2008.

I am not surprised that you are the only one not smiling..
The guy in front of you looks like a long haired Stan Freeburg.

It has been almost fifty years since I laid down my guitar, got a haircut and and a real job. In 1965 my cousin and I decided to start a rock band when we were freshmen in college. The Beatles were huge, and we wanted in. We grew our hair and went the whole nine yards. I had been playing since 1961 when the hootenanny days were in full swing and I got my first electric guitar in 1963. It was a piece of crap.

A local minister cosigned a loan for us, and we got two fender Mustang guitars, a Hoffman bass, A Super Reverb and a pro reverb amplifier, a Fender Bass Amp, some kind of electric organ-cannot remember the brand. Microphones and mic stands. One of our friends was an electrical engineering graduate and he built a PA system for us. That was 1966.

I quickly mastered the guitar and became the Eddie Van Halen of the city. We got tight as a band and had a lot of gigs for about five years. Unfortunately. my cousin got into drugs and went the San Francisco route-he died in 1972. I played professionally until about 1975 ending my career with the guy that wrote the song Candy Girl for the Four Seasons. He had a nightclub in the city and brought me to New York.

My wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, got pregnant and instead of jailing me, they let me marry her in a shotgun wedding. The music was done. I laid the instrument down and never played another note.

When I get the new stimulus check I am going to use it to spend about $2500 on a new guitar, probably a Strat. I will have to learn to play again but I know I can still do it. I can still picture chord progressions in my head, and I have no arthritic health issues. It has been nearly fifty years since I have picked a string but I know in my heart I can still make music on that thing.

I have posted this picture before. It is me with my wife and friends in 1971: We are center she has a drink, I have a cig:

View attachment 443181

sorry about the quality, it is an old polaroid I found at my dad's house after he died in 2008.

I do hope your giving the rest of the money to your local food bank.

Fuck you the title doesn´t imply this going to be a fucking punk biography. I am using the money to get arms and run amok.
If you hate the world and kick it in the teeth, the world will win.
Win what? Disgusting creatures host award? I don´t care. I was just wondering what you are going to use the stimulus for that I won´t receive at all, not willing to read stuff.

I plan on pouring concrete on my long bumpy driveway then every asshole in the city can drive out the country and drive up my long driveway to see what is up there..

View attachment 443181

My children, my grandchildren, and my new great grandchild are my local food bank.

View attachment 443181

My children, my grandchildren, and my new great grandchild are my local food bank.
Indeed, and how it should be.

View attachment 443181

You could almost retire off what those guitars and amps are worth today.

From Ebay, completed auctions...

1971 Fender Mustang Sunburst $1,421.00

Vintage Fender 1967 Blackface Super Reverb Amp
$2,400.00

1967 Fender Pro Reverb Blackface Amplifier 2x12 Combo
$2,049.99

Hofner 500/1 ’63-RLC Violin Beatle Bass Vintage Finish (SN#V0318H006)
$3,299.99

1963 Fender Bassman Amp And Cabinet Tuxedo
$2,099.00

I'm donating mine to various small restaurant owners who have been forced to close by fascist Democrats.
Funny guy. Why not to various Venezuelan businesses that have been forced to close by Nazi-Trump´s sanctions?
You are a vile thing. Go away.

Just for you, though, I will make sure some of the restaurant owners are Jewish. I know how you are about the Jews.

I'm donating mine to various small restaurant owners who have been forced to close by fascist Democrats.
Funny guy. Why not to various Venezuelan businesses that have been forced to close by Nazi-Trump´s sanctions?
You are a vile thing. Go away.

Just for you, though, I will make sure some of the restaurant owners are Jewish. I know how you are about the Jews.
Cool, thanks to me Jewish restaurant owners get money from you. I expect at least some acknowledgment calls.

it should cover the deductible & co ins i will be owing for the broken ankle i got.

Forum List

Back