How will progressives regroup?

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
It's very apparent that the lessons from the 2016 elections are many. But it's also very apparent that the left is in complete and total denial. They want to blame the U.S. Constitution and the Electoral College system. They want to blame racism. They want to blame conservatives. Everything and anything other than the actual cause: their bat-shit crazy ideology which has gone off the rails. This is a prime example right here.

Think about how insane this is on multiple levels. For starters, they are rejecting one of their own. How can you win elections or even garner healthy respect from the other side when rejecting one of your own? Second, this is a group that could use security. They complain 24x7 that they are "attacked" (though most have been proven to be false - as seen here) and what do they do? They tell law enforcement to take a hike. Yeah...great way to get the law enforcement community to support you and vote for you. Third, this illustrates the extreme intolerance (which in turn illustrates the extreme hypocrisy of those preaching for tolerance).

Are progressives capable of introspection and learning from these results or will their ideology continue to dominate rational thought, self-examination, and solid political strategy?

LGBTQ rally asks officer to LEAVE; then find out she’s Transgender

Aside from that prime example - there is the unilateral rejection of their bat-shit crazy belief that little girls should be forced to use public restrooms, locker rooms, and showers with mentally disturbed gown men suffering from extreme sexual deviance.

No rational person would ever support something so bat-shit crazy. But it takes a whole 'nother level of insanity to pretend that you don't see the American people rejecting something so absurd. One simply cannot win elections running on something so unhinged. Are progressives capable of changing course and running a more rational campaign?

It's very apparent that the lessons from the 2016 elections are many. But it's also very apparent that the left is in complete and total denial. They want to blame the U.S. Constitution and the Electoral College system. They want to blame racism. They want to blame conservatives. Everything and anything other than the actual cause: their bat-shit crazy ideology which has gone off the rails. This is a prime example right here.

Think about how insane this is on multiple levels. For starters, they are rejecting one of their own. How can you win elections or even garner healthy respect from the other side when rejecting one of your own? Second, this is a group that could use security. They complain 24x7 that they are "attacked" (though most have been proven to be false - as seen here) and what do they do? They tell law enforcement to take a hike. Yeah...great way to get the law enforcement community to support you and vote for you. Third, this illustrates the extreme intolerance (which in turn illustrates the extreme hypocrisy of those preaching for tolerance).

Are progressives capable of introspection and learning from these results or will their ideology continue to dominate rational thought, self-examination, and solid political strategy?

No, they will simply die off.

Democrats need both minorities and millenial social justice warrior lunatics to win elections, and they will eventually lose one of those groups to keep the other.

No, they will simply die off.

Democrats need both minorities and millenial social justice warrior lunatics to win elections, and they will eventually lose one of those groups to keep the other.
Regroup at Comet ping pong pizzeria ?!?!

My concern is WHERE, and how can we neutralize the spot from orbit?

When the USSR shit the bed, the leftists already had a half assed place at the UN.

I want them to regroup in North Korea, and after they all get there we turn South Korea into an island.

It doesn't sound like you are asking a question. It seems like you working through your own anger.

But I'll pretend you're asking a question.

I would advise the Left to revisit their pre-sixties connection with the white working class. I'm thinking of the New Deal Coalition that combined Southern Dixiecrats with Northern manufacturing workers. I'd downplay gender/race/lifestyle in favor of addressing the economic plight that cuts across all the neighborhoods left behind by globalization.

I would also advise them to look for a fighter like LBJ. Obama didn't have the ability to work the phones and force people into making deals.

I would advise them to admit their failure in media. They have no presence on talk radio, yet we are a spread-out driving nation. I'd much rather listen to Michael Savage or Mark Levin than some NPR drone. Also, when P@triot needs a talking point, he has 100s of rightwing websites that produce endless anti-Left talking points. The Left by contrast is stuck with university professors for their content, and the content is too muddled and academic. People in the rural midwest aren't going to listen to a philosophy podcast. They want plain spoken charismatic pundits that only exist on the Right. Also the Left needs to communicate with seniors better, so they understand that the Right does not believe in Medicare or Social Security.

Those are just a few thoughts.

They will come up with something distracting and obtuse, probably a thing of slippery genius concocted by Soros or his minions.

I'm quite on the edge of my seat waiting to see what it is.

It doesn't sound like you are asking a question. It seems like you working through your own anger.

I would advise the Left to revisit their pre-sixties connection with the white working class. I'm thinking of the New Deal Coalition that combined Southern Dixiecrats with Northern manufacturing workers. I'd downplay gender/race/lifestyle in favor of addressing the economic plight that cuts across all the neighborhoods left behind by globalization.

I would also advise them to look for a fighter like LBJ. Obama didn't have the ability to work the phones and force people into making deals.

I would advise them to admit their failure in media. They have no presence on talk radio, yet we are a spread-out driving nation. I'd much rather listen to Michael Savage or Mark Levin than some NPR drone. Also, when P@triot needs a talking point, he has 100s of rightwing websites that produce endless anti-Left talking points. The Left by contrast is stuck with university professors for their content, and the content is too muddled and academic. People in the rural midwest aren't going to listen to a philosophy podcast. They want plain spoken charismatic pundits that only exist on the Right. Also the Left needs to communicate with seniors better, so they understand that the Right does not believe in Medicare or Social Security.

Good answer over all Londoner - so I salute you. But there are a few things that you got horribly wrong and I want to correct.

For starters - I'm not angry (at all). Nothing makes me happier than the demise of the Dumbocrat Party.

Second - I think you really missed on your point regarding the media. Just the other day I posted a story about a station changing their format from liberal talk-radio to nothing but Christmas music. XM has done away with multiple progressive talk radio programs. Why? They lose major money on them. Why? There is no market for it. While conservative have a deep desire to be informed (making huge ratings for conservative talk shows), the progressives demographic is mostly made up of inner city African-Americans and young, naive college kids - most of which have a much deeper interest in pop-culture than their nation or their government. The left has made monumental efforts for left-wing media but it simply doesn't hold up because there is no market for it.

That's yet another lesson the left has failed to learn. That being said, I was just looking for a simple yes or no on whether people thought the left was capable of changing course and whether they would. Kudos to you for giving a much more comprehensive answer.

My concern is WHERE, and how can we neutralize the spot from orbit?

When the USSR shit the bed, the leftists already had a half assed place at the UN.

I want them to regroup in North Korea, and after they all get there we turn South Korea into an island.
Personally, I 100% support California seceding from the U.S. Would love to see that become its own liberal "utopia". They brag about the size of their economy (which only further illustrates the failure of the progressive ideology since they are something like $80 billion in debt), so let them collapse that economy as their own country rather than collapsing the entire U.S. economy.

Its much easier to lob grenades from the cheap seats than it is to govern. Wait until the GOP has to start coming up with policies and we will see how happy their backyard is with them. When you have to govern instead of just complain...it's hard to disavow the inevitable failures. Plus, Remember the Democrats actually picked up seats in both houses and won the Popular vote. While the "all or nothing" aspect of our political contests allows for only one winner, things are not totally decimated for the DNC.

What is more problematic in my view is that the DNC allowed itself to be painted in a very dim light. One example is that the "super delegates" have been around for decades. Mondale had super delegates so it goes back at least until 1984. The Bernie Sanders supporters acted as though this is something that they were not aware of. And of course, the right wing media acted as if this was some sort of Clinton invention. I'm pretty sure Trump didn't know what a Super Delegate was prior to the election.

The Party needs to understand that you equal your opponent's tactics with the same tactical remedies. While everyone on the left was being hacked; nobody on the right wing was. Now why is that? Do hackers have a conscience? No. The GOP or whomever acted in concert with hackers to reveal incredible amounts of dirt on the DNC. While it would be better to have no "dirt", one would be naive to believe it ony exists on one side of the aisle. Amazingly, there has been nearly zero "new developments" since 11/8. Gee, wonder why that is? Do hackers stop hacking when on Wednesday? No. They were employed and paid to do what they did. It's not a complaint. Its a question as to why the DNC didn't come back with a batallion of hackers on their own. It was reminiscent of the 2004 contest when Kerry never attacked back at Bush. Granted, Trump was a different type of opponent but you should never stop being aggressive in politics.

It looks like over half the population has already regrouped.

th

Personally, I 100% support California seceding from the U.S. Would love to see that become its own liberal "utopia". They brag about the size of their economy (which only further illustrates the failure of the progressive ideology since they are something like $80 billion in debt), so let them collapse that economy as their own country rather than collapsing the entire U.S. economy.

No, Fuck them. I will cede not one square inch of this hemisphere (I am the Emperor of the Western Hemisphere BTW) to collectivist parasites. They have every degree of libturdism on the stupid half of the planet, plus a shit ton of moose limbs. The bed wetters need to go there, they can't be allowed to fuck the whole world up.

th

Yeah...because that will win elections :eusa_doh:

th
Well, you can say that he's not your President, if it makes you feel any better.

But that will be your House, your Senate and your Supreme Court.

This is most definitely not the way to regroup and win elections. Obviously this would make zero sense for the Democrats to nominate her to run again - especially against the exact same person who already beat her.

But....that being said, may I just say something? Oh please Dear God, let her run again. She is the single most unlikable, unelectable candidate in U.S. history. She couldn't beat an unknown, unqualified, inexperienced minority Senator with a funny name the first time, and she couldn't beat reality show bozo Donald freaking Trump the second time. Nominating Hitlery Clinton guarantees the White House to the Republican's.

Hillary Clinton rumored to be considering another go at the White House in 2020

They need to move further Left. Hillary lost because she was a Goldman Sachs puppet. Dems need to reject free enterprise and free markets and filly and openly embrace their Inner Mao. They need to adopt "Eat the Rich" as their motto and ask "WWFD", What Would Fidel Do.

This is their single biggest problem right now. They've gone completely over the cliff on reason when it comes to a civilized society.

Incidentally, I'm giddy as a school-girl to hear that they are all scared and filled with anxiety. That's what happens when you transform a constitutional republic into a centrally-controlled dictatorship. When the power shifts, you're suddenly on the wrong side of the barrel. They built it, they deserve to suffer under it. I hope Trump makes their life beyond miserable. Maybe it will be the catalyst we need to restore constitutional government.

LGBT Advocates Debate Future of Movement Post-Election

New Topics

Forum List

Back