How we lost our Constitution

We lost our Republic when we became a nation of morons, as illustrated by on the street interviews by people of various political leanings, from Watters to Kimmel.

When a college age kid thinks Lake Erie is the eastern boundary of the US, and states that the Gulf of Mexico is "on the bottom", as I recently saw on TV, there is no hope.

Marilyn M. Barnewall -- American Matrix How We Lost Our Constitution Part 1

Are we really losing our Constitutional Republic?
How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost?
How Many Constitutional Freedoms Have We Lost?
Government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer exists.
We're screwed and we're going to stay screwed
Well, voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, what do they expect? Do voters actually think that by voting for professional politicians, that they'll be represented in government? Nah, no one can be that stupid, can they?

We lost our Republic when we became a nation of morons, as illustrated by on the street interviews by people of various political leanings, from Watters to Kimmel.

When a college age kid thinks Lake Erie is the eastern boundary of the US, and states that the Gulf of Mexico is "on the bottom", as I recently saw on TV, there is no hope.
When Watters interviews those empty skulls I want to track 'em down and slap the snot out of them. The sad thing is they all are democreep voters and are to be pitied and protected.

Stop watching TV and take a course in college. You'll discover college kids are much brighter than you've been lead to believe by the anti intellectual meme of right wing radio.

Last edited:

Well, voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, what do they expect? Do voters actually think that by voting for professional politicians, that they'll be represented in government? Nah, no one can be that stupid, can they?

The media plays a HUGE role too. Honest candidates are pushed aside for the ones with the biggest game show. It's all cosmopolitan, it's all bullshit! Americans are told who to vote for, just line up behind that donkey or the elephant, nothing to see here. Stale, bland, boring, and nothing will change. Just vote for the guy who has been bought and sold, and he will sell us out too.

When Watters interviews those empty skulls I want to track 'em down and slap the snot out of them. The sad thing is they all are democreep voters and are to be pitied and protected.

Finish high school and then get a job as a janitor at the local JC; then, if you're not willfully ignorant clean a classroom while a course is on going.

You lost me when you used the meme "Constitutional Republic", one more idiotic and deceptive effort by the right wing to change the essence of what we are.

We are a Democratic Republic, one established by a written constitution! A constitution which can be changed by those representatives elected by the people. To arbitrarily remove the word democratic from what we are is a political ploy, repeated by parrots,who have never considered the importance of "We the People, a phrase first uttered by those who fear the people, the Plutocrats.

Finish high school and then get a job as a janitor at the local JC; then, if you're not willfully ignorant clean a classroom while a course is on going.
I have to finish 3d grade before I can go to high school. But at least I learned from one of Watters spring break party goers that California is one of our closest foreign allies and that the US Capital is Philadelphia.:woohoo:

The media plays a HUGE role too. Honest candidates are pushed aside for the ones with the biggest game show. It's all cosmopolitan, it's all bullshit! Americans are told who to vote for, just line up behind that donkey or the elephant, nothing to see here. Stale, bland, boring, and nothing will change. Just vote for the guy who has been bought and sold, and he will sell us out too.

"Bought and sold"! That is true, the fact behind that truism is sad. Some people really believe the last two 5-4 Supreme Court Decision on Money in Politics were about free speech. A total lie and together those two decisions proved to be the tipping point when our Democratic Republic devolved into a Plutocracy. We no longer elect our representative, we elect a person who is beholden to the highest bidder and put there benefactor first.

Since the MSM and the LSM (Fox, AM Radio, and tabloids) take money from the special interests, many times with anonymity, what do we expect. Voters make decisions based on 30-second commercials, character assassinations lacking real evidence and demagogues telling them what they want to hear.

Pogo was spot on - we have become the people our parents warned us about.

Stop watching TV and take a course in college. You'll discover college kids are much brighter than you've been lead to believe by the anti intellectual meme of right wing radio.
You're right about their intellect but they're lax on performance. They just got a big pay raise at Mickey Ds and they only screw up my order at the drive thru half the time. However at the Auto Bell my car is more dirty after they wash it then when I drove it in. I have them run it through twice.

"Bought and sold"! That is true, the fact behind that truism is sad. Some people really believe the last two 5-4 Supreme Court Decision on Money in Politics were about free speech. A total lie and together those two decisions proved to be the tipping point when our Democratic Republic devolved into a Plutocracy. We no longer elect our representative, we elect a person who is beholden to the highest bidder and put there benefactor first.

Since the MSM and the LSM (Fox, AM Radio, and tabloids) take money from the special interests, many times with anonymity, what do we expect. Voters make decisions based on 30-second commercials, character assassinations lacking real evidence and demagogues telling them what they want to hear.

Pogo was spot on - we have become the people our parents warned us about.
Dayam! That is eerie. You described the Democrat party perfectly.

So the problem is in education?

You lost me when you used the meme "Constitutional Republic", one more idiotic and deceptive effort by the right wing to change the essence of what we are.

We are a Democratic Republic, one established by a written constitution! A constitution which can be changed by those representatives elected by the people. To arbitrarily remove the word democratic from what we are is a political ploy, repeated by parrots,who have never considered the importance of "We the People, a phrase first uttered by those who fear the people, the Plutocrats.

I can't pass this up. I suggest you go back go American Government 101. We are a Representative Republic!!!!

There is a huge difference! Democracy means that everybody votes on everything and the majority wins, He elect people to represent the interests of people living in individual geographic locales - an entirely different process.

Education is the biggest roadblock. Why, I had to fire the college grad who cut my yard. I had these little plastic cards stuck it the ground in my herb garden that describe the plant. I caught him smoking all my marjoram. He should have seen it doesn't even look like weed.

I have a Master's plus 30.

My GF will be in grad school soon, and I will take another look at college kids and what they know.

If I find some that have basic civic literacy, I'll let you know.

Yes.

I taught 25 years, fought PC the whole time and quit the day I made my retirement.

For the last 20, I was not allowed to use open response questioning requiring a written answer, but, forced to use multiple choice, matching, and fill-in-the blanks (with a "word bank" mandatory).

I can't pass this up. I suggest you go back go American Government 101. We are a Representative Republic!!!!

There is a huge difference! Democracy means that everybody votes on everything and the majority wins, He elect people to represent the interests of people living in individual geographic locales - an entirely different process.

There's that lack of education we were discussing...What passes for an education these days is pathetic.

There's been a Progressive Jihad on the Constitution for the past 100 years, they've won every battle and never surrendered an inch of territory.

Wilson neutered the States by passing the Income tax and calling for direct election of senators, effectively eliminating the States as a firewall between the individual and the federal government.

FDR then initiated a de facto Communist style central government that had the power to control every aspect of American life

LBJ, the Bushs and Obama, merely took advantage of what lay before they and took away the 4th and 5th Amendments

Obviously they or rather you are that stupid.

Forum List

Back