How UnRove Like

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
if this really happened as reported, I agree with the following:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YmQ4ZDcyOTUyMmM5ZGMzZDFlNTgzNGFmMGYyM2YzN2Q=

Not Our Kind of People [Mark Krikorian]

According to a congressman's wife who attended a Republican women's luncheon yesterday, Karl Rove explained the rationale behind the president's amnesty/open-borders proposal this way: "I don't want my 17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas."

There should be no need to explain why this is an obscene statement coming from a leader in the party that promotes the virtues of hard work, thrift, and sobriety, a party whose demi-god actually split fence rails as a young man, a party where "respectable Republican cloth coat" once actually meant something. But it does seem to be necessary to explain.

Rove's comment illustrates how the Bush-McCain-Giuliani-Hagel-Martinez-Brownback-Huckabee approach to immigration strikes at the very heart of self-government. It is precisely Rove's son (and my own, and those of the rest of us in the educated elite) who should work picking tomatoes or making beds, or washing restaurant dishes, or mowing lawns, especially when they're young, to help them develop some of the personal and civic virtues needed for self-government. It's not that I want my kids to make careers of picking tomatoes; Mexican farmworkers don't want that either. But we must inculcate in our children, especially those likely to go on to high-paying occupations, that there is no such thing as work that is beneath them.

As Tocqueville wrote: "In the United States professions are more or less laborious, more or less profitable; but they are never either high or low: every honest calling is honorable." The farther we move from that notion, the closer we come to the idea that the lawyer is somehow better than the parking-lot attendant, undercutting the very foundation of republican government.

This is why the president's "willing worker/willing employer" immigration extravaganza is morally wrong — it's not just that it will cost taxpayers untold billions, or that it will beggar our own blue-collar workers, or that it will compromise security, or that it will further dissolve our sovereignty. It would do all that, of course, but most importantly it would change the very nature of our society for the worse, creating whole occupations deemed to be unfit for respectable Americans, for which little brown people have to be imported from abroad. In other words, mass immigration, even now, is moving us toward an unequal, master-servant society.

To borrow from Lincoln, our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. When it comes to this, I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty — to Saudi Arabia, for instance.

02/09 11:40 AM

So we have to have a wide-open border because of Karl Rove's son?

There's no way in any time that he'd pick crops or be a maid, kids like that get jobs as caddies and lifeguards until they're old enough to be bartenders.

Typical RINO mentality, let's import 'em all as slaves!

So we have to have a wide-open border because of Karl Rove's son?

There's no way in any time that he'd pick crops or be a maid, kids like that get jobs as caddies and lifeguards until they're old enough to be bartenders.

Typical RINO mentality, let's import 'em all as slaves!

And that’s the core belief of most elitists communities - especially here in California.

It’s not even the low wages they get to pay for some of the most back-breaking work: It’s being able to speak to another human being like he’s property - like your dog.

Low wages fueling legal slavery - it truly is the Golden Age of the NeoCon.:clap2:

And that’s the core belief of most elitists communities - especially here in California.

It’s not even the low wages they get to pay for some of the most back-breaking work: It’s being able to speak to another human being like he’s property - like your dog.

Low wages fueling legal slavery - it truly is the Golden Age of the NeoCon.:clap2:

Yep, there are the elites, of which Rove appears one, that wish for slavery or at least wages that keep a permanent service class. Wrong they are.

New Topics

Forum List

Back