How to Tell If We’re Beating COVID-19

Most people will have to get this and survive, which they will, in order to truly beat it. I know many that have gotten it, friends and family, that had it and are now over it, without hospitalization. Hopefully we will save enough of the vulnerable on this run around before the next time, when we will be ready for it. The 30 day "social distancing" was to get the hospitals ready with beds and equipment for the rush that will occur when we open up the economy. This virus will go away in a few months when the weather gets hot, the question is will we have a country and an economy left. Trump is doing a very good job striking the delicate balance.

I suppose I disagree and that is because of the sticky substance that COVID-19 leaves on one's lungs. It's isn't something that we can expectorate through phlegm. When one gets the regular flu, they'll usually have a clear substance drip out of their nose. This respiratory virus is different. I think it has mutated so that its residue stays on the lungs for a while so that catching a second wave would make one with an "underlying condition." It think it's a killer virus at its worst and has mutated. It wants to get to our lungs in order to thrive. That's where it can thrive the best and then still be able to pass it on. Doctors who do autopsies have a hard time doing it without endangering themselves so it may not be done. I think by law one has to do an autopsy if the patient dies in the hospital, but this is being waived.

Some doctors will have to do the autopsies. It's the only way we can learn more about this virus and come up with a way to defeat it. The doctors now are learning enough just in order to help a patient to breathe when they have it in their lungs.

One of the ways you know you have the sticky substance is that you find it hard to breathe. You won't be able to go far. It will feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest or when you breathe your lungs are filled with glass. These are clear symptoms that you need to get to a hospital.

I’m asking the mods to keep this a separate thread out of the mud pile of the virus thread as I think this is important info that you’re not going to see in the news nor from our government.

As I’ve been posting from almost day one, I’m ticked at the lack of meaningful data coming from our government and the media about what’s really going on. Obviously, I’m not the only one. These folks went out on their own and did some data deep diving and presents it in a manner we can all understand. Watch the video first so you know what you’re looking at, second link is the graph that gets updated.

In Wuhan, it took about three weeks for the mitigation measures have a noticeable impact. I suspect we'll see things tapering off markedly in the next week or two. We'll see.

There’s so much irresponsible data out, I don’t think the msm will allow that. You should join me and ask them to show the data comparing h1n1 deaths vs Wuhan virus deaths the first thirty days and let’s see if it’s worse or not. Then the data comparison the first sixty days. Why aren’t you actually concerned we’re being played when we are

Because that's just an all-too-easy excuse for Trumpsters. Everything is a media conspiracy!

Get a life. Look for other media. Don't just fall into whatever clickhole confirms your biases.

If it wasn’t, there’d be actual data h1n1 vs Wuhan. Now post that

Most people will have to get this and survive, which they will, in order to truly beat it. I know many that have gotten it, friends and family, that had it and are now over it, without hospitalization. Hopefully we will save enough of the vulnerable on this run around before the next time, when we will be ready for it. The 30 day "social distancing" was to get the hospitals ready with beds and equipment for the rush that will occur when we open up the economy. This virus will go away in a few months when the weather gets hot, the question is will we have a country and an economy left. Trump is doing a very good job striking the delicate balance.

I suppose I disagree and that is because of the sticky substance that COVID-19 leaves on one's lungs. It's isn't something that we can expectorate through phlegm. When one gets the regular flu, they'll usually have a clear substance drip out of their nose. This respiratory virus is different. I think it has mutated so that its residue stays on the lungs for a while so that catching a second wave would make one with an "underlying condition." It think it's a killer virus at its worst and has mutated. It wants to get to our lungs in order to thrive. That's where it can thrive the best and then still be able to pass it on. Doctors who do autopsies have a hard time doing it without endangering themselves so it may not be done. I think by law one has to do an autopsy if the patient dies in the hospital, but this is being waived.

Some doctors will have to do the autopsies. It's the only way we can learn more about this virus and come up with a way to defeat it. The doctors now are learning enough just in order to help a patient to breathe when they have it in their lungs.

One of the ways you know you have the sticky substance is that you find it hard to breathe. You won't be able to go far. It will feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest or when you breathe your lungs are filled with glass. These are clear symptoms that you need to get to a hospital.
Except you can’t prove it more serious than any other virus, no numbers

What makes it more serious is its novelty. While another virus may have a higher inherent death rate, covid-19 presents a larger problem to our health infrastructure due to the sheer number of people that may require inpatient treatment in a short span of time.

When the deaths start happening like in Italy or Spain, then be sure to remember QUARANTINE AND SANITATION. This is the way we can beat this thing for now since no vaccine.
I’m not sure you ‘beat’ this thing anymore than we do with the flu every year.

You're no so much beating it but starving it.

What makes it more serious is its novelty. While another virus may have a higher inherent death rate, covid-19 presents a larger problem to our health infrastructure due to the sheer number of people that may require inpatient treatment in a short span of time.
You’re parroting. Data doesn’t support it.

That's a nonsensical response. You don't discern its novelty via data. It is "novel" because it is new to us, and we have no immunity. So, given that it is novel, it will infect many people quickly and make many people ill in a short span of time. As we have already watched happen in the various epicenters.

Hahaha hahaha you got it bad

That's a nonsensical response. You don't discern its novelty via data. It is "novel" because it is new to us, and we have no immunity. So, given that it is novel, it will infect many people quickly and make many people ill in a short span of time. As we have already watched happen in the various epicenters.
Especially when you want to create a panic

You don’t tell about a virus from people who have it?

Do you work for the government? That kind of nonsense would qualify you.

You don’t tell about a virus from people who have it?
What I said was that you don't discern its novelty via data on its effects. Come on man, don't degenerate into a little child and start trolling your own thread. Focus.
Issue is what it does to humans. There’s trillions of bugs out there that has no impact upon humans.

Thus the OP. The daily barrage of ‘X new cases’ in your county from the media is meaningless
False. It informs us of the rate of spread and where it is spreading faster or more slowly. Such statistics will also be used in retrospect to see which of our methods were effective, and to what degree they were effective.

I’m asking the mods to keep this a separate thread out of the mud pile of the virus thread as I think this is important info that you’re not going to see in the news nor from our government.

As I’ve been posting from almost day one, I’m ticked at the lack of meaningful data coming from our government and the media about what’s really going on. Obviously, I’m not the only one. These folks went out on their own and did some data deep diving and presents it in a manner we can all understand. Watch the video first so you know what you’re looking at, second link is the graph that gets updated.

Ooooh.....oooooh......pick me, pick me....:hhello:

We will know when we have come through the worst of the virus when the democrat party members of the press start to tell us that Trump over reacted to the virus and put the country at risk with his over reaction......

The turn on the dime will just come naturally to the vile members of the democrat party press.....

The nos I have is 10x more deaths than the regular flu or 1% and that would include the people who get it a second or more times. Dr. Fauci is saying 100,000 deaths. That's the low number. Multiply the number of deaths by 100 and you get the number who would have been confirmed.

When the deaths start happening like in Italy or Spain, then be sure to remember QUARANTINE AND SANITATION. This is the way we can beat this thing for now since no vaccine.

All cases are faked and basing on the wrong statistic.
There are far more people that have it and are asymptomatic and some that got it and thought it was a nasty flu and over it now. Therefore the mortality rate is much closer to the seasonal flu, although still deadlier. Then you have many that show up at hospitals in almost critical condition that have to be administered two or three different tests before coming up positive for Covid-19.

These are all factors that make the numbers unreliable.
Yep. As soon as the COVID test was released the CDC data on pneumonia plummeted, which means this bug has been around and misdiagnosed for awhile now.

Yep.....and it was noted in an article on the Imperial model that the British collect data differently now.....in the past, when people got the flu in Britain, then died of pneumonia due to the flu, it was listed as pnuemonia, or whatever other disease actually killed the patient....making the flu less noticed in these deaths....

Now? With the Chinese Virus, they are listing the Chinese Virus as the cause of death, which leads to an increase over what you find with the flu...

I’m not sure you ‘beat’ this thing anymore than we do with the flu every year.

Yeah. Outside some yet undetected weakness in the virus, it's probably part of the eco-system at this point. We'll just have to build up immunity and develop a vaccine.
And you think that’s on tree and we just go pick it

The nos I have is 10x more deaths than the regular flu or 1% and that would include the people who get it a second or more times. Dr. Fauci is saying 100,000 deaths. That's the low number. Multiply the number of deaths by 100 and you get the number who would have been confirmed.
You have no numbers you have a historical data point that means nothing

Forum List

Back