How To Stop The Virus

This actually makes a ton of sense, whatever the practicality is or isn't. I've been telling people about this town in Italy that demonstrated up to half of people actually carrying the virus may show no symptoms at all themselves, which makes them free to roam around being silent carriers, and nobody knows it. That town eradicated CV by testing literally everybody and then isolating the silent carriers, thus starving the virus of new fields to populate.

Iceland's testing found the same thing.

This is why the health experts keep emphasizing, testing, testing, and more testing. As long as we, or Italy, or anybody else, is only testing those with symptoms, we're missing these silent carriers and failing to stop the spread.
Good points. Also, we really don't know the infection to death ratio. We only know the ratio of cases diagnosed (those that present symptoms) and those that succumb. Also, as I said in another post, carriers that have fought off the virus can act as immune boosters as in 'herd immunity.'

That sounds like you're saying antibodies are contagious. I don't think it works that way. There's no such thing as 'herd immunity'.
"Herd immunity (also called herd effect, community immunity, population immunity, or social immunity) is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a large percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through previous infections or vaccination, thereby providing a measure of protection for individuals who are not immune.[1][2] In a population in which a large proportion of individuals possess immunity, such people being unlikely to contribute to disease transmission, chains of infection are more likely to be disrupted, which either stops or slows the spread of disease.[3] The greater the proportion of immune individuals in a community, the smaller the probability that non-immune individuals will come into contact with an infectious individual, helping to shield non-immune individuals from infection.[1]"

'

If you get exposed to an individual that recovered from a virus, they may harbor the virus at a low strength. That is what the yearly flu shot does. And yes, there IS such a thing as 'herd immunity.' I provided a link above.

From Epoch Times...

"Yet there is a relatively simple way to halt the spread of the coronavirus fairly rapidly—or at least on a pace we can control. The solution to the coronavirus problem is to test everyone, and then for people who are infected to self-isolate."

"This solution was demonstrated on a small scale in study reported a few days ago in The Guardian. Researchers at the University of Padua tested all 3,300 residents of the Italian town of Vò and separated those carrying the virus—both symptomatic and asymptomatic—from those who were virus free. Transmission stopped "immediately.

But...Can we actually tess 350,000,000?

"Could we test all 329,425,643 men, women, and children in the United States? It sounds like a tall order, but it’s not much different than taking the census, and the only bodily fluid needed is a small amount of nasal mucus (yes: snot). Because of economies of scale, the per unit cost of 300 million tests will likely be less than a dime, but even if, taking administrative costs and the usual inefficiencies into account, the total cost of each test turns out to be $20, the $6.5 billion price tag for Universal Coronavirus Testing will still be $600 million less than we’ll be spending this year alone on the census."

We can try testing but it is harder than you think with rural people and those that are undocumented or out of status in this country.

Ideally the right move is to test everyone but to do it is nearly impossible...
Self tests can be deployed in rural areas. I live in a rural area and there is a local medical clinic. I don't think it's as hard as it seems. That being said, we know that the areas with the highest population density have the most cases. It might be easier to start there with these self testing kits. Also, self testing precludes the need for medical professionals to constantly change PPE.

I am not against the idea but how do you get those that are illegally here or out of status to comply?
Provide blind tests. Give them a number. But then, who knows if an illegal will even give a shit? Best advice. stay away from sanctuary cities.

I live in Texas, so that is impossible...

I commute to Houston daily and deal with Clinics and influx of patients and staff that are from around the world and every social class.

So it is impossible not to interact with them or avoid hot zones.

Again, I agree testing should be done but if we do not do it to everyone then millions will go on being possible carriers.
I hear ya. I would carry hand sanitizer and try to stop myself from touching my own face. Also beware of closed spaces with multiple individuals. One doctor said a 15 to 20 minute exposure in a closed area with other people can promote aerial transmission. Other than that, the way most transmission is accomplished is hand-to-face. It is very hard to limit one's hand to face movements but, I think, worth a try.

What people forget when dealing with the transmission of this virus that just talking or breathing could transmit it because of vapor that come out when we talk or breath.

So this virus is insanely contagious and if you have health issues could be deadly as can be...

Yes, if someone sneezes in your face or you are in a sealed room with others who may or may not have or harbor the virus. Most transmission, as I already posted, is hand to face.

This actually makes a ton of sense, whatever the practicality is or isn't. I've been telling people about this town in Italy that demonstrated up to half of people actually carrying the virus may show no symptoms at all themselves, which makes them free to roam around being silent carriers, and nobody knows it. That town eradicated CV by testing literally everybody and then isolating the silent carriers, thus starving the virus of new fields to populate.

Iceland's testing found the same thing.

This is why the health experts keep emphasizing, testing, testing, and more testing. As long as we, or Italy, or anybody else, is only testing those with symptoms, we're missing these silent carriers and failing to stop the spread.
Good points. Also, we really don't know the infection to death ratio. We only know the ratio of cases diagnosed (those that present symptoms) and those that succumb. Also, as I said in another post, carriers that have fought off the virus can act as immune boosters as in 'herd immunity.'

That sounds like you're saying antibodies are contagious. I don't think it works that way. There's no such thing as 'herd immunity'.
"Herd immunity (also called herd effect, community immunity, population immunity, or social immunity) is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a large percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through previous infections or vaccination, thereby providing a measure of protection for individuals who are not immune.[1][2] In a population in which a large proportion of individuals possess immunity, such people being unlikely to contribute to disease transmission, chains of infection are more likely to be disrupted, which either stops or slows the spread of disease.[3] The greater the proportion of immune individuals in a community, the smaller the probability that non-immune individuals will come into contact with an infectious individual, helping to shield non-immune individuals from infection.[1]"

'

If you get exposed to an individual that recovered from a virus, they may harbor the virus at a low strength. That is what the yearly flu shot does. And yes, there IS such a thing as 'herd immunity.' I provided a link above.

I see. Well that makes more sense. This is in effect the same thing accomplished by testing 100% of a population and then isolating the silent carriers. In either case the roaming population is not infected.

From Epoch Times...

"Yet there is a relatively simple way to halt the spread of the coronavirus fairly rapidly—or at least on a pace we can control. The solution to the coronavirus problem is to test everyone, and then for people who are infected to self-isolate."

"This solution was demonstrated on a small scale in study reported a few days ago in The Guardian. Researchers at the University of Padua tested all 3,300 residents of the Italian town of Vò and separated those carrying the virus—both symptomatic and asymptomatic—from those who were virus free. Transmission stopped "immediately.

"Could we test all 329,425,643 men, women, and children in the United States? It sounds like a tall order, but it’s not much different than taking the census, and the only bodily fluid needed is a small amount of nasal mucus (yes: snot). Because of economies of scale, the per unit cost of 300 million tests will likely be less than a dime, but even if, taking administrative costs and the usual inefficiencies into account, the total cost of each test turns out to be $20, the $6.5 billion price tag for Universal Coronavirus Testing will still be $600 million less than we’ll be spending this year alone on the census."

We can try testing but it is harder than you think with rural people and those that are undocumented or out of status in this country.

What procedure involves literally everyone?

The census. Which is done this year.

Equip census interviewers with CV test kits, add that to their duties. Done.
Yeah maybe.....Individual test kits that you send in or drop off to your local clinic. You'll get a test ID number and they can email you the result. I dunno, that is just one idea.

From Epoch Times...

Yeah maybe.....Individual test kits that you send in or drop off to your local clinic. You'll get a test ID number and they can email you the result. I dunno, that is just one idea.

It isn't "debunking" anything. It's proposing a way to get such comprehensive testing done, in answer to the post quoted. It *IS* an idea.

I'm actually a census taker waiting for orders, that's why I thought of it.

Strange post dood.
I edited that post because I though it was a useless comment. Sorry.

From Epoch Times...

It isn't "debunking" anything. It's proposing a way to get such comprehensive testing done, in answer to the post quoted. It *IS* an idea.

I'm actually a census taker waiting for orders, that's why I thought of it.

Strange post dood.
I edited that post because I though it was a useless comment. Sorry.

Post deleted.

From Epoch Times...

That sounds good because it might spread the deaths out over a longer period of time that hospitals can deal with

but sooner or later every person in the country must be exposed to the virus

and those who are most at risk will die

Forum List

Back