How to solve the problem of school/mass shooters

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I don't think it can be done. But it does not involve new laws or gun bans.

All you need to do is get the vultures in the news media to stand up and do the right thing.

If there is a school shooting or a mass shooting, have no media outlet give the name of the perpetrator. Not one mention of his name to the public at all. Let them remain nobodies, as so many are.

All you need to do is get the vultures in the news media to stand up and do the right thing.

If there is a school shooting or a mass shooting, have no media outlet give the name of the perpetrator. Not one mention of his name to the public at all. Let them remain nobodies, as so many are.
So much for freedom of the press.

And how exactly does one get ‘the media’ to stop reporting about mass shootings and identifying suspects absent government preemption.

Blaming ‘the media’ is nonsense.

Mass shooters aren’t motivated by getting their names in the paper.

I would generally only agree with this, as long as we don't release the names of the victims and their families either.

The public only needs to know there was a shooting, and how many were killed or injured.

We don't need to know the names, the family's history, and all the other gory and dastardly details that turn it all into emotional spectacle, and political fodder.

It is not just the fame that mass shooters crave, but the notoriety and spectacle that their deeds create. In the old days, a lot of gangsters and outlaws might not have been caught or identified by the authorities, but they would still be known by nick-names, it still gave a lot of them a thrill when their deeds made were hyped in the news, and made splashy headlines.

Whether a mass shooter makes a name for themselves, is sometimes, not important to them. It was that they accomplished something of note, it is that their deed will be remembered, and for a lot of them? That is what they care about. If the news makes their actions memorable to the whole nation? Then others will repeat those acts.

Who remembers the name of the Virginia Tech shooter? Or the Fort Hood Shooter? Or the Pulse Night Club? No one remembers those names.

But we remember there were victims, the stories of terror and the non-stop headlines.

If the media doesn't stop dramatizing the victims passion play, I get very suspicious about the agenda, and why the establishment starts standing on dead bodies before the funerals have even been held.

I am tired of the mass media working as a propaganda, mental conditioning tool, for those who don't use logic, and only think about policy with emotions.

And how exactly does one get ‘the media’ to stop reporting about mass shootings and identifying suspects absent government preemption.

I did not say anything about banning the media or abridging the freedom of the press.

So how are you going to get ‘the media’ to ‘do the right thing’ – which really isn’t the right thing.

You actually want ‘the media’ to intentionally withhold information about mass shootings.

That’s as naïve as it is ridiculous.

It’s the Constitutional role and responsibility of the press to inform the people; and with that information the people decide.

That you believe ‘the media’ are biased or incompetent or malicious doesn’t change that fact.

It’s also naïve and ridiculous to believe that someone planning a mass shooting will decide not to commit his crime because he won’t get his name in the papers.

You actually want ‘the media’ to intentionally withhold information about mass shootings.

Establishment outlets intentionally withhold information about all sorts of things, all the time. :rolleyes:

They are the propaganda arm of government and corporate America. Duh.
You are really clueless about how our corporate press work. They don't serve the people, they serve the ruling billionaires, to manipulate and mold the public, and to make the folks at the top. . . MONEY.

I don't think it is naive and ridiculous. Somehow the ruling elites and the interlocking directorate, all came together to pressure the press and big tech companies to censor dissenting voices on the Covid Vaccine debate, when it came to turn out, none of it was really based on science at all.

The agenda, was probably based on BIG PHARMA profits for institutional investors, and more government control, in the end. I do not wish to have THAT argument here though, you are too dumb to understand it just yet.

So? If the ruling kakistocracy can exert enough of a pressure campaign to lie & gas-light the public about the pandemic? They sure as hell can, for the good of the nation, control the information around national tragedies.

Establishment outlets intentionally withhold information about all sorts of things, all the time. :rolleyes:
Like that mass shooting in the Chicago Metro area on the 4th?

What about the other 2 mass shootings in the Chicago metropolitan area region on the same day?

OK, but those shooters were black, but like unborn babies they don't count as people to the Democratic party's lapdog media.

Last edited:
So much for that free speech/freedom of the press talk......

Folks will be willing to rip away every other right imaginable than to do the bare minimum with gun laws.....

I say we put our money where our mouth is and totally do away with all gun control laws....if we truly believe easier access to any type of weapon we choose is the way to be safer; let's try it out

Of course if we just did a public hanging, where it shows the criminal squirming and shitting his pants and he is slowly strangled to death by gravity. Yeah, it might not stop a future shooter but it definitely would stop repeat offending.

No.

1. Bring back mental institutions for short- and long-term stays. Not hospital psyche wards; not "group homes". Mental institutions. We are not making it without them.

2. Instead of jailing Jan 6th protestors "as an example", make a real example of these miscreants. Solitary confinement. Let's use the media to show their lives in prison. The jumpsuits. The nasty white bread sandwiches. The showers. Instead of the media "glory" let's show the result of their choice. Most of them don't care if they ruin other people's lives. But they do care about their own.

It may sound ugly, but I think showing the bodies of the shooting victims might help too.
Yes. Let the world see what happens to the human body when it's riddled with bullets by an AR-15.
Emmitt Till's Mom allowed his body to be viewed in an open casket after he was brutally lynched in Mississippi. It had a great effect.
What do you folks think?

I don't agree with that. I'm sorry. The news media went into overdrive trying to blame a song and then Democracy Now shifted into overdrive to blame Discord. Just give me the facts and then I will decide how to remember that individual.

I say that because they reframe the issues. I don't need that. The US doesn't need that. For example, the Tulsa shooting had a shooter that was in a significant amount of pain and the pain meds were not working. He can't access the pain meds and he had tried to obtain help from the doctor. However, rather than analyze how and why that occurred there was an immediate shift to gun control. We aren't discussing any aspect of what led up to it and the opportunity to focus on problems is gone.

Hard to do that now, with the internet. The media is only the tip of the iceberg.

You are a moron……..the press used to publish the names of teens who committed suicide….lance it was discovered that doing this led to other teens committing copycat suicides, the press made the decision to stop naming them…..

The press could do the same for mass public shooters……give the facts without the 24/7 Oscars style media coverage and not name the killer.

They are the propaganda arm of government and corporate America. Duh.
You are really clueless about how our corporate press work. They don't serve the people, they serve the ruling billionaires, to manipulate and mold the public, and to make the folks at the top. . . MONEY.

I don't think it is naive and ridiculous. Somehow the ruling elites and the interlocking directorate, all came together to pressure the press and big tech companies to censor dissenting voices on the Covid Vaccine debate, when it came to turn out, none of it was really based on science at all.

The agenda, was probably based on BIG PHARMA profits for institutional investors, and more government control, in the end. I do not wish to have THAT argument here though, you are too dumb to understand it just yet.

So? If the ruling kakistocracy can exert enough of a pressure campaign to lie & gas-light the public about the pandemic? They sure as hell can, for the good of the nation, control the information around national tragedies.

Don’t forget the Hunter Biden laptop story……and that was during an election…..

So much for that free speech/freedom of the press talk......

Folks will be willing to rip away every other right imaginable than to do the bare minimum with gun laws.....

I say we put our money where our mouth is and totally do away with all gun control laws....if we truly believe easier access to any type of weapon we choose is the way to be safer; let's try it out

He didn’t say the government should force this…the press should do it as a responsibility to keep from encouraging copycats…….

It may sound ugly, but I think showing the bodies of the shooting victims might help too.
Yes. Let the world see what happens to the human body when it's riddled with bullets by an AR-15.
Emmitt Till's Mom allowed his body to be viewed in an open casket after he was brutally lynched in Mississippi. It had a great effect.
What do you folks think?
It isnt the weapon that kills the victims, it is the person pulling the trigger. I have plenty of weapons and not one of them has ever taken a life....but if need be, then i wont hesitate to use them.

Master Card Commercial.

Box of bullets.....$200
AR-15 $1,500
Firing AR-15 in self defense ...PRICELESS

Forum List

Back