How to Repair NBA All-Star Weekend for 1 Year

The_Lyrical_Miracle

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2021
NBA All Star Weekend is broken. Here is how I would fix it:

1. Dunk Contest: This is my favorite part of NBA all star weekend, but so often the part that lets me down the most. Gone are the days of competition amongst known entities in the dunk contest, at the very least it used to be a "Right of passage" of a true young lion to show off his dunking abilities in his 1st-3rd years. No, guys like Lebron, Giannis, Durant, etc... they were too good for the dunk contest, and i have to think that in this era they simply are too afraid to put themselves out there and lose. However, this is about fixing it, and I have a few ideas.
A. Offer boatloads of cash to the winner. Money talks. If you put up some dollar signs, you might get more than atheletic nobodies to participate.
B. Include streetball professional dunkers. This would of course chase away NBA players who would be afraid to lose, but at least it'd be more entertaining than what we get... Athletic no-names with no charisma who all too often either half-ass it or perform the same few cliche dunks. There's ways to be creative, but boy, they sure don't do it.

2. 3-Point Shootout: This event on its own isn't broken, but I have a way to make it amazingly better. As should have been done years ago, you have not only a regular current player 3 point shootout, but then you have a legends 3 point shootout for retired players. The current player side of the bracket has 5 racks of 5 balls, the retired players has 5 racks of 4 balls. Then, you have a face-off for the championship, 5 racks of 5 balls. It's too bad this wasn't implemented back when guys like Bird, Hornacek, and Mark Price could participate. Nowadays, you could see guys like Ray Allen, Reggie Milller, Steve Kerr, etc. I think it'd be fun.

3. The NBA All-Star Game: We all know the 3-pointer has taken over the NBA and not for the better. Well, for this year's all-star game, we're going back to when there was none. That's right, no 3 point line in the NBA for one All-Star Game. Suddenly, guys like Steph Curry, James Harden, Klay Thompson, and all the other chuckers are neutered and might think about dribbling closer for a shot. Suddenly, the guy who is solidly posted up might become a bit more of a better option. Welcome back to a different style of basketball.

What do you guys think...

Yikes, how is the KKK ralley these days.. douche?
Why? You like looking at them?

I mean let's be honest...not the nicest things to have to look at.

They do jump really high and run really fast...

But...

I have seen horse's asses that were more pleasant looking than the average black.

But...we all have our thing.

ooga booga...you have fun white chocolate.

The only all star game that has any juice is Baseball. And usually, the pitchers have a great advantage.

A center won the 3 point game this year. Pretty cool. I love the 3s especially curry. He has changed the game. Start guarding him at half court. Why ruin what he’s doing?

Stars don’t want to get hurt in the dunk contest. That’s for the kids. If the dunks weren’t that good, those kids aren’t that good at dunking. Maybe next years rookies will get better.

No ones playing D so why drive the lane for a boring layup? I’d rather see curry poppin 3s

Forum List

Back