How to raise children who respect others

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I haven't read this all the way through yet but thougth I would post it because.. Well, for one, it isvery telling that I had such a hard time finding this site. I had to type in several different sentences to find any info on raising children to respect others. . yes, it's telling as hell.

Anyway, the news media have all these stories.. I saw some on my way to finding this site. . stories of kids killing their parents, one who did so so he could live a free life! So the media have all these stories but they never seem to tell us a blasted thing about the parents of these kids. I u/stand they don' want to barge in when these parents are in great pain but even after years go by.. no stories on this connection between how a child is raised and his or her committing these heinous acts..

and we wonder why nothing changes?

Everyone watching these news stories wonders WHY?

My guess is that a lot of these monsters were overly-indulged.. spoiled, whatever.. They thought it was all about them.. until they ended up in a jail cell for life..

The average American teen spends 10 hours a day on their smartphones.
No time or chance for most to learn respect.

• Banned
The average American teen spends 10 hours a day on their smartphones.
No time or chance for most to learn respect.
True. A lot of adults spend about the same amount of time on their phones. . so much easier than dealing with relationships which can often be difficult.

Then I had this thought, after reading the following from the site

We want them to know that no matter what they do, what happens to them, or what other people say about them, their worth is secure in Christ. We desire that they know the unchanging character of God so that they may proclaim it to themselves in times of doubt: “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness” (Exo. 34). In

That's great but so far I haven't seen much about how.. From my best info, yes, God loves us but he does NOT love our sins.. selfishness.. greed, hate.. etc.. There is no one talking about Hell anymore. Even the Catholic Church I (somewhat) belong to.. well, according to the late Bishop Lefebvre the knuckleheads at Vatican II took out most of the mentions of Hell from the Liturgy. (And I've noticed other worrisome changes..)

In other words, kids are not taught CONSEQUENCES. Did these weirdos think they were going to get away with it? Maybe they thought that bc they always get away with stuff with their parents (possibly siblings also)?

Forum List

Back