How to prevent back pain

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
5568.jpg

Another “quick and easy” remedy for something a lot of us suffer with.

Forget so-called ‘good’ posture, generally keeping active is much more important, advises a chiropractor

And here comes the part that makes a whole lot of sense;

Even if you struggle to fit in regular exercise, there are adjustments you can make to everyday life to take care of your back. Taking the stairs instead of a lift, for example, or getting off your bus a few stops early and walking the rest of the way to work. If you’re stuck in the office all day, taking a “micro-break” every half an hour is vital. This could be just standing up and spending; an easy stretch for the office is the upper trapezius neck stretch, which targets the muscles that commonly become tense after sitting for a long time.

And I’m probably the worst violator of the suggestion to take frequent mini-breaks during my sessions at the computer. (Gonna do one right now.)

Short piece @ How to prevent back pain

I hassle YOUNG people to lift right all the time. It is easy for young people to think they are immortal and invulnerable.

I do yoga and my back has stopped hurting. By the way, I also replaced the mattress with a memory effect mattress. Now I have no problems with my back, even if I sit for 6 hours a day.

Listen to your parents when they tell tell you to sit upright on the couch instead of 1/2 sitting and 1/2 laying on the couch

of course you know they are jealous because they can no longer do it

Folks, get a Total Gym or a Total Gym clone. I got the Weider brand copy that retails for $120 at Amazon a few weeks ago. I am telling you Chuck Norris sucks as a spokesman for the device. This is speaking as a former mini-triathlon competitor, beer league hockey player, free weight lifter, gym machine user. A total gym type product along with 10, 15, 20 lb for certain old school exercises, is all you need. Specifically, with lat pull down type movements which stretch the spinal column on a Total Gym type device the core is supported by the bench and for starters only a small percentage of body weight needs to be engaged. Doing 50 reps of the full movement on a Total Gym is infinitely better than struggling to do a few pullups with terrible form. Also, cracking joints of the body is not good unless they are decompressing things.

I just pay other people to lift stuff. Everybody I grew up with that was one of those 'Git Er Done!!' type 'Hard Workers' were screwed up by their 40's and cripples by their 50's. It's fun to screw with their walkers when they aren't looking, though.

5568.jpg

Another “quick and easy” remedy for something a lot of us suffer with.

Forget so-called ‘good’ posture, generally keeping active is much more important, advises a chiropractor

And here comes the part that makes a whole lot of sense;

Even if you struggle to fit in regular exercise, there are adjustments you can make to everyday life to take care of your back. Taking the stairs instead of a lift, for example, or getting off your bus a few stops early and walking the rest of the way to work. If you’re stuck in the office all day, taking a “micro-break” every half an hour is vital. This could be just standing up and spending; an easy stretch for the office is the upper trapezius neck stretch, which targets the muscles that commonly become tense after sitting for a long time.

And I’m probably the worst violator of the suggestion to take frequent mini-breaks during my sessions at the computer. (Gonna do one right now.)

Short piece @ How to prevent back pain

I know one thing. As I get older, I've found myself looking back in life and telling myself I should have taken it a little slower. Now I know why my senior peers always take it easy. There's really no hurry in doing things. Life's a bit more enjoyable when you just aren't in a hurry.

Keep on moving, of course, just take it easy. That's my new motto.

Last edited:
As a teenager, I had problems with posture and I often visited chiropractic, received a massage course twice a year, and I had to try very hard to correct my scoliosis. Now I sometimes wear a special belt if I have been working at a computer for a long time. This belt helps me not to strain my lower back (here is a video about how it works), you have to sit upright to be comfortable and this helps to get the habit of keeping your back straight. Also, since the age of 20 I have been doing special exercises for the back (on the Internet you will find a description of how to perform this set of exercises) every day or several times a day. It doesn't take more than 15 minutes and these exercises can be done by people with any level of fitness experience. I have joint dysplasia and this helps me not to have the consequences of this disease, because I have a muscle corset, but sometimes I need to use a special bandage for the back to reduce the load on my back. In any case, if you often have back pain, then you need to visit a doctor and find out the reason for this so that you can get rid of the pain for a long time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back