How to eliminate the Drug War

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
As perhaps most now know, China is preparing a digital currency with which it intends to replace cash entirely, and other countries, including the US, are considering the idea. Conservatives and libertarians will shriek, pull their hair, and turn blue at the idea, perhaps with good reason—which doesn’t matter since it is going to happen anyway.

Careful what you wish for guys- <<<<<<MY OPINION

Since drug dealing is a black market underground activity what makes you think they won't use bitcoin since you can't trace the transactions?

As perhaps most now know, China is preparing a digital currency with which it intends to replace cash entirely, and other countries, including the US, are considering the idea. Conservatives and libertarians will shriek, pull their hair, and turn blue at the idea, perhaps with good reason—which doesn’t matter since it is going to happen anyway.

But the go to universal currency that will always be around is precious metals....If there ever is a nuclear attack in the atmosphere that wipes out all electrical grids around the world, that crypto shit goes right out the door...

There's also another aspect to the drug wars. Afghanistan is now a major producer of Methamphetamine and the major producer of Heroin. Afghanistan has always been the center of the "Golden Triangle" for Heroin now they've expanded to methamphetamine.
**********​
**********​

The Golden Key to money laundering has just been awarded.
I bought 5000 worth of Bitcoin in my drunken sailor account in 11. Whadya think?

From OP's article: "The city seems to have noted that China could pay Iran for oil in digital yuan, circumventing American sanctions." What a huge power motive for China fitting nicely with CCP's rabid quest to gain top dog status.

A lot of Americans like things to be easy, pre-made, and consider living on auto-pilot a good thing. No work, no effort, but still look to be rewarded a payoff. I can see many supporting this measure for that reason alone. Not a good look.

As most readers know, easier transactions with money (eliminating any need for ID beyond face or fingerprint recognition) won't lead to real progress if crooks can still get through the cracks. I guess crooks will always find a way to scam someone for their money, so it's up to the good guys to make sure we're not going to make it any easier for them.

Forum List

Back