How to derail an argument about racism

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Seems that's all may of people here want o do. Unless the thread is denigrating blacks then the thread can go on forever.

"
"If you are a white person arguing about racism with a black person here is how to derail the argument:

The main thing is to turn the tables by getting your opponent angry. Once he is then you can say that it is pointless to continue. You “win” and never had to address the substance of his argument!

It is easy to get blacks upset about race because they take the whole race thing way too personally – because, unlike you, it affects them, well, personally! And, if you act in a racist manner in a debate about racism, all the while saying that racism is all in their heads, that will drive them nuts!

The trick is to never take what they say seriously. Instead belittle it. So when they talk about their experience of racism, tell them they see racism everywhere, that they are imagining it. After all, a friend of yours is black (make it up if you have to) and he does not agree. So how can they speak for all black people!? Demand facts and figures, studies and surveys that back up what they say. You need evidence! You need proof!

Tell them how you, as a white person, have had the same experiences too: You were stopped by the police too (when you ran a red light). People touch your daughter’s hair too (she is three). It will make them look like complainers. That you missed the point of their examples will get them upset – just what you want!

If their English is bad, jump on that. If their English is too good then they probably have a good education, so what are they complaining about?"

These at just a few techniques we see used here.

Here are more

A Guide to Derailing Conversations

The links are on he right hand side.

But...but....the Irish were slaves too
I have never had anyone help me......I did it all on my own

Plantation.....plantation

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I'm just saying, they could have 98% voted for a Liberian, at least they are historical African Americans. Anyway, they got a president, its not even funny anymore, right? They pass the laws and whatever. Call separate facilities a Jim Crow law, church segregation, oops that's private property for churches to decide. They got values to legislate on everybody, loud as hell, don't pretend. Obama got his whole start crushing diversity, more like they''ll crush race discussion. This was all prophesied in Ol Zip Coon, read closely my friends. Ol Zip Coon is a learned scholar, ditto, ditto, One day he'll be president, may he hab de pretty girls like de kings of old, so forth, this is divine prophesy. Where's the blacks going black, black, racist, black black racist, they voted a black to beat fellow citizens, I've never seen a sympathetic idea except from African muslim immigrants, ha.

Whats the term anyway, racism? So, Africans NEED all Africans and them UNITED in economy, thought, deed and society, with the Christian brothers of Africa, for the Race to be raised up? No you only hear the other direction, more US and more American protection. The Africans in Niger and elsewhere sure like to be united for anti-racism, I'm with them, go anywhere in Africa and African American is a default culture export anywhere there, how are African Americans valuable?

Last edited:
retarded-boy.gif

Seems that's all may of people here want o do. Unless the thread is denigrating blacks then the thread can go on forever.

"
"If you are a white person arguing about racism with a black person here is how to derail the argument:

The main thing is to turn the tables by getting your opponent angry. Once he is then you can say that it is pointless to continue. You “win” and never had to address the substance of his argument!

It is easy to get blacks upset about race because they take the whole race thing way too personally – because, unlike you, it affects them, well, personally! And, if you act in a racist manner in a debate about racism, all the while saying that racism is all in their heads, that will drive them nuts!

The trick is to never take what they say seriously. Instead belittle it. So when they talk about their experience of racism, tell them they see racism everywhere, that they are imagining it. After all, a friend of yours is black (make it up if you have to) and he does not agree. So how can they speak for all black people!? Demand facts and figures, studies and surveys that back up what they say. You need evidence! You need proof!

Tell them how you, as a white person, have had the same experiences too: You were stopped by the police too (when you ran a red light). People touch your daughter’s hair too (she is three). It will make them look like complainers. That you missed the point of their examples will get them upset – just what you want!

If their English is bad, jump on that. If their English is too good then they probably have a good education, so what are they complaining about?"

Here are more

The people who employ the methods you describe basically are cowards. I've seen it time and time again. The same morons use them to derail conversations about the treatment of other groups that they are afraid of, as well; women, LGBTs, etc. What you have documented are the instructions for being a flaming cowardly asshole who is too empty-headed to have anything to contribute to a sane discussion. Sadly, they pretend to be superior to the rest of us.

At least guys don't get the full moronic treatment of "don't you look lovely today, honey/sweetie," "now don't get emotional," "you must have your period," "she's not nice," or, if one happens to be black and a woman, shitty comments about one's physical stature and appearance.

I don’t even notice race....it is you making an issue of it

• Thanks

"

Here are more

You're ALWAYS angry, so according to you, we win every argument. Thanks for clearing that up.

We are all the same; the wrapping paper doesn't matter. The only thing that makes us different is the culture we are born into and the environment we live in.

You plant a green bean seed in China, it comes out the same as if you planted it in Kansas. People aren't like that, though. They are hardwired to absorb social cues from the moment they are born and most are learned before we put kids in school. They don't sit at a desk and learn the important stuff, and neither did you. We all absorb it unaware. People interact with their environment. They shape it and it shapes them.

A lot of people here don't get that, and neither side wants to give any credit or respect to the other, so what do you expect from any "discussion?"

IM2 and Asclepias trashing white culture is no smarter than Harmonica and Shoot Speeders trashing black culture. It's a battle for the bottom when that happens, and it happens every time.

We are all the same; the wrapping paper doesn't matter. The only thing that makes us different is the culture we are born into and the environment we live in.

You plant a green bean seed in China, it comes out the same as if you planted it in Kansas. People aren't like that, though. They are hardwired to absorb social cues from the moment they are born and most are learned before we put kids in school. They don't sit at a desk and learn the important stuff, and neither did you. We all absorb it unaware. People interact with their environment. They shape it and it shapes them.

A lot of people here don't get that, and neither side wants to give any credit or respect to the other, so what do you expect from any "discussion?"

IM2 and Asclepias trashing white culture is no smarter than Harmonica and Shoot Speeders trashing black culture. It's a battle for the bottom when that happens, and it happens every time.

No one is trashing white culture. We are trashing white racism. I respect you OldLady, but you need to learn the difference.

"

Here are more

You're ALWAYS angry, so according to you, we win every argument. Thanks for clearing that up.

You need to understand that if you use derailing tactics like making someone mad it's because you have no sufficient argument. Threfore it is you who has lost the argument. So you lose all the time.

"

Here are more

You need to understand that if you use derailing tactics like making someone mad it's because you have no sufficient argument. Threfore it is you who has lost the argument. So you lose all the time.
C'mon, you're seriously going to sit there and say that you're not angry ALL THE TIME here? Your last post is an angry one. A little restrained, but angry. Get a grip, brah.

It is no surprise that a person might sound angry about the use of a technique for evading a serious discussion of a particular issue by goading someone into anger and then dismissing them as angry.

That said, I don't think that a person's culture can be determined by skin color. I don't know to what the phrase "white culture" refers. I am of European origin on both sides, which makes me pretty pale, but I have much more in common with people of African descent who have similar experiences and background to mine and who have a similar frame of reference. I wouldn't have much in common with some rural Caucasian person who collects guns, spouts about his religion, and uses foul language. I don't care anything about NASCAR.

For the record, I hate both rap and country and western. Both will send me screaming from the room.

Last edited:

"

Here are more

C'mon, you're seriously going to sit there and say that you're not angry ALL THE TIME here? Your last post is an angry one. A little restrained, but angry. Get a grip, brah.

Yep that's what I'm saying. And if you think we as blacks don't have a right to be angry, then go purchase a straight jacket.

It is no surprise that a person might sound angry about the use of a technique for evading a serious discussion of a particular issue by goading someone into anger and then dismissing them as angry.

That said, I don't think that a person's culture can be determined by skin color. I don't know to what the phrase "white culture" refers. I am of European origin on both sides, which makes me pretty pale, but I have much more in common with people of African descent who have similar experiences and background to mine and who have a similar frame of reference. I wouldn't have much in common with some rural Caucasian person who collects guns, spouts about his religion, and uses foul language. I don't care anything about NASCAR.

For the record, I hate both rap and country and western. Both will send me screaming from the room.

I'm black and most of my music is not rap. And you can forget country. We live in America so we have an American culture. Each ethnic group here is part of American culture.

I'm black and most of my music is not rap. And you can forget country. We live in America so we have an American culture. Each ethnic group here is part of American culture.

Exactly. American culture is fairly unique. We are the melting pot, the stew. It's so sad that we have Americans who think that being American is a competition. I live in northern Virginia, a mix of classic suburbs and immigrant neighborhoods from just about every country. I can eat in 20 languages. My latest music binge is warm, mellow Ethiopian jazz. It's very reflective of the Ethiopian people themselves, friendly, mellow, laid back. And the food!!!

• Thanks

"

Here are more

Yep that's what I'm saying. And if you think we as blacks don't have a right to be angry, then go purchase a straight jacket.
See? You"have a right to be angry". At least you admit your constant anger.

Forum List

Back