How to derail an argument about racism

It is no surprise that a person might sound angry about the use of a technique for evading a serious discussion of a particular issue by goading someone into anger and then dismissing them as angry.

That said, I don't think that a person's culture can be determined by skin color. I don't know to what the phrase "white culture" refers. I am of European origin on both sides, which makes me pretty pale, but I have much more in common with people of African descent who have similar experiences and background to mine and who have a similar frame of reference. I wouldn't have much in common with some rural Caucasian person who collects guns, spouts about his religion, and uses foul language. I don't care anything about NASCAR.

For the record, I hate both rap and country and western. Both will send me screaming from the room.

I'm black and most of my music is not rap. And you can forget country. We live in America so we have an American culture. Each ethnic group here is part of American culture.

Exactly. American culture is fairly unique. We are the melting pot, the stew. It's so sad that we have Americans who think that being American is a competition. I live in northern Virginia, a mix of classic suburbs and immigrant neighborhoods from just about every country. I can eat in 20 languages. My latest music binge is warm, mellow Ethiopian jazz. It's very reflective of the Ethiopian people themselves, friendly, mellow, laid back. And the food!!!

Oh hell yeah! Those Ethiopians serve up some good ass grub!

It is no surprise that a person might sound angry about the use of a technique for evading a serious discussion of a particular issue by goading someone into anger and then dismissing them as angry.

That said, I don't think that a person's culture can be determined by skin color. I don't know to what the phrase "white culture" refers. I am of European origin on both sides, which makes me pretty pale, but I have much more in common with people of African descent who have similar experiences and background to mine and who have a similar frame of reference. I wouldn't have much in common with some rural Caucasian person who collects guns, spouts about his religion, and uses foul language. I don't care anything about NASCAR
As opposed to an urban black person who uses foul language, spouts about their religion etc?

That is the majority of black people. The only black people who aren’t like that are heavily RURAL and act like rural white people. Even educated, suburban blacks have been poisoned by wiggers and their urban black heroes.

Shut up junior.

Why is it white people had ships, guns, cannons, etc.. and Africans had mud huts and spears? Hmm?

iu

That said, I don't think that a person's culture can be determined by skin color. I don't know to what the phrase "white culture" refers. I am of European origin on both sides, which makes me pretty pale, but I have much more in common with people of African descent who have similar experiences and background to mine and who have a similar frame of reference. I wouldn't have much in common with some rural Caucasian person who collects guns, spouts about his religion, and uses foul language. I don't care anything about NASCAR
As opposed to an urban black person who uses foul language, spouts about their religion etc?

That is the majority of black people. The only black people who aren’t like that are heavily RURAL and act like rural white people. Even educated, suburban blacks have been poisoned by wiggers and their urban black heroes.

Shut up junior.
He ain't lyin' . You just don't like it, but it's the truth.

Seems that's all may of people here want o do. Unless the thread is denigrating blacks then the thread can go on forever.

"
"If you are a white person arguing about racism with a black person here is how to derail the argument:

The main thing is to turn the tables by getting your opponent angry. Once he is then you can say that it is pointless to continue. You “win” and never had to address the substance of his argument!

It is easy to get blacks upset about race because they take the whole race thing way too personally – because, unlike you, it affects them, well, personally! And, if you act in a racist manner in a debate about racism, all the while saying that racism is all in their heads, that will drive them nuts!

The trick is to never take what they say seriously. Instead belittle it. So when they talk about their experience of racism, tell them they see racism everywhere, that they are imagining it. After all, a friend of yours is black (make it up if you have to) and he does not agree. So how can they speak for all black people!? Demand facts and figures, studies and surveys that back up what they say. You need evidence! You need proof!

Tell them how you, as a white person, have had the same experiences too: You were stopped by the police too (when you ran a red light). People touch your daughter’s hair too (she is three). It will make them look like complainers. That you missed the point of their examples will get them upset – just what you want!

If their English is bad, jump on that. If their English is too good then they probably have a good education, so what are they complaining about?"

These at just a few techniques we see used here.

Here are more

A Guide to Derailing Conversations

The links are on he right hand side.

The people who employ the methods you describe basically are cowards. I've seen it time and time again. The same morons use them to derail conversations about the treatment of other groups that they are afraid of, as well; women, LGBTs, etc. What you have documented are the instructions for being a flaming cowardly asshole who is too empty-headed to have anything to contribute to a sane discussion. Sadly, they pretend to be superior to the rest of us.

At least guys don't get the full moronic treatment of "don't you look lovely today, honey/sweetie," "now don't get emotional," "you must have your period," "she's not nice," or, if one happens to be black and a woman, shitty comments about one's physical stature and appearance.
It's moronic to tell someone they look good? I thought it was being polite, after all, for either sex it takes effort to look good.

Why is it white people had ships, guns, cannons, etc.. and Africans had mud huts and spears? Hmm?

iu

Add to this the Native Americans, without so much as a written language. They lived in teepees and hunted with bows and arrows and now Leftists want to "preserve their heritage"?
It's like keeping ignorance and primitive life and rejecting knowledge, wisdom, science, and oh, what sex we are. That's Democrats for you. Kill the unborn babies ... like savages who would eliminate the black race while calling YOU "racist."

Last edited:
No one is trashing white culture. We are trashing white racism. I respect you OldLady, but you need to learn the difference.
Even the softy MLK spoke about "moderate whites" in a negative way.

Equating black people's anger and frustration w/their systemic mistreatment w/the bigotry and hatred by whites like the KKK and other similar organizations.

I observe that phenomenon here on USMB every day.

Forum List

Back