How the Ryder Cup success shows the US which way to go

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Europe has had the whip hand for many years not because they had the better players. They patently hadnt. They won because there were no egos in the room and they were prepared to work together for the common good.

The US lost because they lost sight of what they were trying to do. Overpaid prima donnas ranked their egos before the common good and they were always vulnerable.

And now a younger generation has found the spark and has won. Now is the time for American youngsters to come together and build a fairer and more just society. Progressive politics will always win because the future is always better than the past.

Europe has had the whip hand for many years not because they had the better players. They patently hadnt. They won because there were no egos in the room and they were prepared to work together for the common good.

The US lost because they lost sight of what they were trying to do. Overpaid prima donnas ranked their egos before the common good and they were always vulnerable.

And now a younger generation has found the spark and has won. Now is the time for American youngsters to come together and build a fairer and more just society. Progressive politics will always win because the future is always better than the past.
I wish I could agree with you but the US team as much as I love those guys are full of huge egos... The US team was simply better and more skilled. Their average world ranking was somewhere around 8 with a team of 12 that is insane!

Team unity is great and all and I think it does play a part but in the end the guys need to go out there, hit the golf ball and make putts. Simple as that. The US just had a stronger team and outplayed the EU this time around

Tommy Tainant Progressivism is the solution for everything! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The US won because they were on their home turf, the weather conditions were not nasty which Europeans prefer and because the US team was loaded with young top players on their game and the Europeans are an aging team not playing well. TommyT fails again. :21:

I wish I could agree with you but the US team as much as I love those guys are full of huge egos... The US team was simply better and more skilled. Their average world ranking was somewhere around 8 with a team of 12 that is insane!

Team unity is great and all and I think it does play a part but in the end the guys need to go out there, hit the golf ball and make putts. Simple as that. The US just had a stronger team and outplayed the EU this time around
The US has always had the better players. But couldnt win. But now the team is more important than the individual.

The US has always had the better players. But couldnt win. But now the team is more important than the individual.
I don't know about that... Home field advantage plays the biggest part. The years the EU won on US turf I don't think the US had a significantly better team, certainly not close the the difference in talent that was displayed this time around.

Tommy, you don't know WTF you're talking about.
The main reason they won was that Steve Sticker was able to pick 2 more captain's pick
than in years past. It went from 4 to 6 Captain's picks, and there wasn't any of the old golfers in the mix.
There were still plenty of ego's out there for the US. My guess is that DeChambeau's ego could
challenge any golfers ego at anytime in the history of the sport.

"the future is always better than the past."

That is absolutely not always the case.

The Ryder thing is about golf isn't it? An individual hits a little sphere for a while until the thing ends up in a cup. There is no team work involved.

You think communism is the answer?...lol

The Ryder thing is about golf isn't it? An individual hits a little sphere for a while until the thing ends up in a cup. There is no team work involved.
Are you pretending that you understand golf with that statement?! Cute. Falls in line with how you talk about politics and other issues. A dimwit who thinks he knows it all. Funny

Last edited:

Forum List

Back