How the Republican party lost the black vote, and gain the support the descendants of slave owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning in the late 1950s and early 1960s, there was a political shift in the United States which saw the Democratic party be taken over by the liberal northern branch of the party and saw the decline of the conservative southern Branch also known as the Dixiecrats. the Dixiecrats were the party of Jim Crow they were the southern Democrats who opposed integration and many of whom belonged to far right extremist groups such as the klu Klux Klan and neo-nazis.

Led by northern Democrats such as JFK, the parties political policies began to reflect more liberal values such as integration and civil rights.

Recognizing this Republican leaders such as Barry Goldwater who was their presidential candidate in 1964, came out in opposition of civil rights. Now they didn't do this because they were card carrying white supremacists or even agreed with those politics. they did it cuz they were politicians and they thought they could win the 1964 election by stealing the southern vote away from the Democrats whose party was becoming more liberal. Their mistake was believing that their party would retain the black vote regardless of what they did. They believed that black voters would still see them as the party of Lincoln that ended slavery, and would not pay attention to them pandering to the same people who were oppressing them at that time. they were wrong and the Democrats were very easily handed the election because of the black vote linden Johnson's outspoken support of civil rights easily allowed him to beat Barry Goldwater.

A good number of southern Democrat politicians attempted to sabotage the election by refusing to support Lyndon Johnson as their candidate and even going as far as promoting votes for Barry Goldwater over their own candidate. This was done for two reasons. The first was Johnson's support of civil rights and opposition to Jim Crow, and the second was out of protest of allowing black voters and politicians to join the Democrat caucus. Several of these southern Democrats, including high-ranking leaders in the party such as Strom Thurmond, who's defected in 1965 following the civil Rights Acts passage and join the Republican party. This was the building block for the modern Republican party that blends the southern Democrats far right social policies with the GOPs original business first economic policies.

It's went so far that by today the parties have pretty much done a complete 180 on social policies with the Republicans now promoting the same policies that the southern Democrats did at that same time, anthemats now being controlled by the liberal northern Democrats almost completely promote the policies of the Republicans originally stood for socially.
So you are saying republicans used to want mentally ill grown men to take massive dumps next to little girls?
Republicans used to want illegals to roam the country?
Republicans used to want to ban every gun they could?
Republicans used to want to give handouts whenever they could?
:lol: ok boomer

Dims certainly cannot put away their inherent racism.
Note that this diehard Republican poster didn't deny being racist, but simply attempted to lump Democrat's in with him by the retort, "well Democrats are slightly less racist than us!"
Actually, Mr Wizard, the point I am making is that those who constantly harp and whine about racism are, in fact,.....the true racists. Simple enough for even you to understand right??

I understand you're like a child.
No, I have common sense and reasoning...that makes you the child right looneybin?

You display neither of these things.
Sure I do looneybin. Didn't vote for Pinochijoe, actually showed up, showed an ID and voted like a real American. kept my job, gave my welfare checks to the church, and don't wear a facediaper anymore. Your turn sheeple....

So, just another entitled asshole offering nothing of value to anyone other than yourself. Do you smell your own farts for pleasure?

Note that this diehard Republican poster didn't deny being racist, but simply attempted to lump Democrat's in with him by the retort, "well Democrats are slightly less racist than us!"
Actually, Mr Wizard, the point I am making is that those who constantly harp and whine about racism are, in fact,.....the true racists. Simple enough for even you to understand right??

No, I have common sense and reasoning...that makes you the child right looneybin?

Sure I do looneybin. Didn't vote for Pinochijoe, actually showed up, showed an ID and voted like a real American. kept my job, gave my welfare checks to the church, and don't wear a facediaper anymore. Your turn sheeple....

So, just another entitled asshole offering nothing of value to anyone other than yourself. Do you smell your own farts for pleasure?
Entitled because I kept my job to pay off your SNAP bennies while you smelled your Depends farts in the basement? Go shove it up your pelosi dimwit.

All older white people every where were raised on some form of negative information regarding people of color, That's the truth. Southern states cling more tightly to these old views. Wish I knew more about how younger people view race, it appears most are more tolerant.

Entitled because I kept my job to pay off your SNAP bennies while you smelled your Depends farts in the basement? Go shove it up your pelosi dimwit.

Leave me out of your fantasies, dip shit.

Go put on another faceDepends wacko. I paid for it

Beginning in the late 1950s and early 1960s, there was a political shift in the United States which saw the Democratic party be taken over by the liberal northern branch of the party and saw the decline of the conservative southern Branch also known as the Dixiecrats. the Dixiecrats were the party of Jim Crow they were the southern Democrats who opposed integration and many of whom belonged to far right extremist groups such as the klu Klux Klan and neo-nazis.

Led by northern Democrats such as JFK, the parties political policies began to reflect more liberal values such as integration and civil rights.

Recognizing this Republican leaders such as Barry Goldwater who was their presidential candidate in 1964, came out in opposition of civil rights. Now they didn't do this because they were card carrying white supremacists or even agreed with those politics. they did it cuz they were politicians and they thought they could win the 1964 election by stealing the southern vote away from the Democrats whose party was becoming more liberal. Their mistake was believing that their party would retain the black vote regardless of what they did. They believed that black voters would still see them as the party of Lincoln that ended slavery, and would not pay attention to them pandering to the same people who were oppressing them at that time. they were wrong and the Democrats were very easily handed the election because of the black vote linden Johnson's outspoken support of civil rights easily allowed him to beat Barry Goldwater.

A good number of southern Democrat politicians attempted to sabotage the election by refusing to support Lyndon Johnson as their candidate and even going as far as promoting votes for Barry Goldwater over their own candidate. This was done for two reasons. The first was Johnson's support of civil rights and opposition to Jim Crow, and the second was out of protest of allowing black voters and politicians to join the Democrat caucus. Several of these southern Democrats, including high-ranking leaders in the party such as Strom Thurmond, who's defected in 1965 following the civil Rights Acts passage and join the Republican party. This was the building block for the modern Republican party that blends the southern Democrats far right social policies with the GOPs original business first economic policies.

It's went so far that by today the parties have pretty much done a complete 180 on social policies with the Republicans now promoting the same policies that the southern Democrats did at that same time, anthemats now being controlled by the liberal northern Democrats almost completely promote the policies of the Republicans originally stood for socially.
Lost the BLACK vote but gained the support of the descendents of slave owners.

WHY pumpkin, don't you know that BLACKS were some of the biggest most abusive slave owners in the US---------and let us not even begin to talk how AFRICA is the mother land of slavery and always has been.

Go put on another faceDepends wacko. I paid for it

See post #45.

Democrats go on and on why skin color means you don't have to read or have a dad, and they aren't racist? They want to restructure society so that a single mother at McDonalds is the new norm. That strategy is as moronic as milk, math, and vegetables being racist. I can hear Hillary and Kamala cackle with glee.

Why would blacks vote republican in the late 60's.
Yea, why would they when they had already been voting with the Party of the KKK for 30 years? The Dems were offering more and more welfare.

Really why would they vote with the Party of the KKK.? Well maybe the guy standing there with the rope might have been a factor. Fact is they were denied voting rights using voter suppression techniques like being given a literacy test made by those in power. If they failed the test then they could not vote. Or they were told to fill out a form but instead of helping them it was used to deny them because the form was filled out wrong in some way. Yet the majority did not have to do that. Other test were used such as recite the constitution or explain parts of the constitution or the amendments .

That why they past the voting rights act in 1965 in order to prevent such discrimination or voter harassment.

They couldn't put down their racism.
They're still bitterly clinging to it.
It really must piss you off that Trump won the angry white male vote. He's fundraising already so he can make it happen again in 2024.

All older white people every where were raised on some form of negative information regarding people of color, That's the truth. Southern states cling more tightly to these old views. Wish I knew more about how younger people view race, it appears most are more tolerant.
The schools teach propaganda now.

It really must piss you off that Trump won the angry white male vote. He's fundraising already so he can make it happen again in 2024.
What brings me great and immense joy is that Sleepy Joe Biden putting a screeching halt to the reign and regime of that fat white supremacist.

Older folk don't give a shit about race but rather your character.
Younger folk think only in skin colour.

What brings me great and immense joy is that Sleepy Joe Biden putting a screeching halt to the reign and regime of that fat white supremacist.
You are one bitter, blind fool.
One day you will mature.
Christ will see to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back