How The COVID Relief Bill Turned Into A Climate Change Bill

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

How the COVID relief bill turned into a climate change bill (hotair.com)
22 Dec 2020 ~~ By Jazz Shaw
So they did it. Working late into the night before scurrying out of town for Christmas, the House and Senate both managed to pass the gargantuan COVID relief bill. The President is expected to sign it. And when I say “gargantuan,” I’m not just talking about the massive pile of debt that the nation just accumulated. The final bill was roughly 5,000 pages long and it was festooned with a seemingly endless laundry list of items having absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic. I found myself in the unusual position of having to agree with Democratic New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who took to Twitter with a very justifiable complaint.

Chief among some of the massive bits of hot garbage that are completely unrelated to the pandemic were a raft of provisions dealing with climate change. Yes… I know. The Associated Press highlights some of these new laws that were never mentioned in public while the bill was being negotiated but were somehow crammed down everyone’s throats in the interest of looking like they were doing something about pandemic relief.
The energy and climate provisions, supported by lawmakers from both parties, were hailed as the most significant climate change law in at least a decade.​
“Republicans and Democrats are working together to protect the environment through innovation,” said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.​
“This historic agreement includes three separate pieces of legislation that will significantly reduce greenhouse gases,″ Barrasso said, citing measures that promote technologies to “capture” and store carbon dioxide produced by power and manufacturing plants; reduce diesel emissions in buses and other vehicles; and authorize a 15-year reduction of hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, that are used in everything from cars to air conditioners. HFCs are considered a major driver of global warming and are being targeted worldwide.​
You’re going to see the phrases “promoting technologies” and “creating jobs” quite often in that portion of the bill. The technologies in question involve carbon capture, emission reduction and replacements for the hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) used as coolants in air conditioning and refrigeration systems, among other things.
~[snip]~
To be clear, there was a great deal more than just climate change jammed into this massive bill that almost nobody in Congress or the media had a chance to read before it was passed. Our colleague Beth Baumann from Townhall has already put together a collection of the other greatest hits (to your collective wallets) that wound up in the bill. They include money for invasive species mitigation, water management on the Tibetan Plateau, “gender programs” in Pakistan, and piles of money for India, Tibet, and other nations. Dig in at the link if you have the stomach for it.
~[snip]~
Instead, they wheeled out a bill that’s ten times longer than Moby Dick and one hundred times more tedious to read. Nearly a trillion dollars just went up in smoke in the name of “Battling The Pandemic And Saving Everyone’s Lives,” with a huge amount of that legislation doing nothing of the sort. Merry freaking Christmas, everyone. This is the swamp doing what the swamp always does.

Comment:
Another Pork Filled make believe Stimulus. If I were Trump I'd shelve it until after January 21, 2021.
This is the repeat of people that wrote the Obama Stimulus Bill. It will go no where to help the American people.
Republicans have caved again.
The 5,500 page 'Covid Relief Bill' has more Pork in it than the city of Smithfield. This is sure to be eclipsed in the upcoming first Biden/Xi term. The National Debt and trade deficits are the responsibility of the House — which only shows that Pelosi, like all Ptogressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies, is bad for the United States, since the “increased national debt” and “worst trade deficits” all happened on her watch. Again, a repeat of 2009.
Remember 'Solyndra', 'Shovel Ready Jobs', and 'Cash for Clunkers'....
I wonder what the propaganda mantras will be this time under Joey Xi?

Last edited:

So they did it. Working late into the night before scurrying out of town for Christmas, the House and Senate both managed to pass the gargantuan COVID relief bill. The President is expected to sign it. And when I say “gargantuan,” I’m not just talking about the massive pile of debt that the nation just accumulated. The final bill was roughly 5,000 pages long and it was festooned with a seemingly endless laundry list of items having absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic. I found myself in the unusual position of having to agree with Democratic New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who took to Twitter with a very justifiable complaint.

Chief among some of the massive bits of hot garbage that are completely unrelated to the pandemic were a raft of provisions dealing with climate change. Yes… I know. The Associated Press highlights some of these new laws that were never mentioned in public while the bill was being negotiated but were somehow crammed down everyone’s throats in the interest of looking like they were doing something about pandemic relief.
The energy and climate provisions, supported by lawmakers from both parties, were hailed as the most significant climate change law in at least a decade.​
“Republicans and Democrats are working together to protect the environment through innovation,” said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.​
“This historic agreement includes three separate pieces of legislation that will significantly reduce greenhouse gases,″ Barrasso said, citing measures that promote technologies to “capture” and store carbon dioxide produced by power and manufacturing plants; reduce diesel emissions in buses and other vehicles; and authorize a 15-year reduction of hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, that are used in everything from cars to air conditioners. HFCs are considered a major driver of global warming and are being targeted worldwide.​
You’re going to see the phrases “promoting technologies” and “creating jobs” quite often in that portion of the bill. The technologies in question involve carbon capture, emission reduction and replacements for the hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) used as coolants in air conditioning and refrigeration systems, among other things.
~[snip]~
To be clear, there was a great deal more than just climate change jammed into this massive bill that almost nobody in Congress or the media had a chance to read before it was passed. Our colleague Beth Baumann from Townhall has already put together a collection of the other greatest hits (to your collective wallets) that wound up in the bill. They include money for invasive species mitigation, water management on the Tibetan Plateau, “gender programs” in Pakistan, and piles of money for India, Tibet, and other nations. Dig in at the link if you have the stomach for it.
~[snip]~
Instead, they wheeled out a bill that’s ten times longer than Moby Dick and one hundred times more tedious to read. Nearly a trillion dollars just went up in smoke in the name of “Battling The Pandemic And Saving Everyone’s Lives,” with a huge amount of that legislation doing nothing of the sort. Merry freaking Christmas, everyone. This is the swamp doing what the swamp always does.

Comment:
Another Pork Filled make believe Stimulus. If I were Trump I'd shelve it until after January 21, 2021.
This is the repeat of people that wrote the Obama Stimulus Bill. It will go no where to help the American people.
The 5,500 page 'Covid Relief Bill' has more Pork in it than the city of Smithfield. This is sure to be eclipsed in the upcoming first Biden/Xi term. The National Debt and trade deficits are the responsibility of the House — which only shows that Pelosi, like all Ptogressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies, is bad for the United States, since the “increased national debt” and “worst trade deficits” all happened on her watch. Again, a repeat of 2009.

Democrats do not just stuff ballot boxes with illegal votes

they stuff spending bills with pork too

~[snip]~
~[snip]~

Comment:

Democrats do not just stuff ballot boxes with illegal votes

they stuff spending bills with pork too

Actually both parties did it but we know you have a terminal case of myopia..

Another Pork Filled make believe Stimulus.
Yeah, what does tax deductions for 3-Martini lunches have to do with COVID-19?

Oh, you left that out of your little whiny rant?
Plenty of us pay for business lunches, which are real.....so much better than money for yet another fake liberal program. Plus now we know who was really holding up approval of the relief package.

Another Pork Filled make believe Stimulus.
Yeah, what does tax deductions for 3-Martini lunches have to do with COVID-19?

Oh, you left that out of your little whiny rant?
Plenty of us pay for business lunches, which are real.....so much better than money for yet another fake liberal program. Plus now we know who was really holding up approval of the relief package.
Yes, it was a printing and computer glitch...

The energy and climate provisions, supported by lawmakers from both parties, were hailed as the most significant climate change law in at least a decade.
"Republicans and Democrats are working together to protect the environment through innovation,” said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.
Brasso is a moron

CO2 is not an air pollutant

Its vital to human life

The energy and climate provisions, supported by lawmakers from both parties, were hailed as the most significant climate change law in at least a decade.
"Republicans and Democrats are working together to protect the environment through innovation,” said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.
USA news... :auiqs.jpg:

Actually both parties did it but we know you have a terminal case of myopia..
They cut the individual relief to $600 with Pelosi saying it is enough while way back in 2016 she called Republican tax cut legislation that gave $1,000 employee bonuses 'crumbs.'

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back