How ‘Systemic Liberalism’ Failed Public Education in America

RightNorLeft

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2010
Liberalism and its big government underpinnings have become systemic in American culture and institutions, with a profound impact on the nation.

In large part, an increasingly biased media, Hollywood, Big Tech, and academia have driven the left’s rise in prominence.

Freedom of thought, tolerance, and inclusion, once foundational principles of liberalism, have been replaced by social conditioning and disdain for, and suppression of, opposing views.

Public education is a prime example.

Impact of Unionization

In 1916, the American Federation of Teachers was established as an affiliate of the American Federation of Labor, widely known now as the AFL-CIO. The organization was founded to improve teachers’ wages, pensions, and “academic freedom.”

Similarly, the National Education Association was founded in 1857 as the National Teachers Association. Established primarily to protect teachers’ rights and ensure that members were treated fairly, it changed its name in 1870 after absorbing three smaller organizations.

The NEA also pushes to increase education funding and to discourage merit pay. From a legislative standpoint, the organization is active in reforming laws designed to limit the growth of charter schools and discourage school voucher programs.

Trump had private schooling yet can't spell or conjugate verbs and babbles incoherently...Is that the fault of liberals or the public school?

Liberalism and its big government underpinnings have become systemic in American culture and institutions, with a profound impact on the nation.

In large part, an increasingly biased media, Hollywood, Big Tech, and academia have driven the left’s rise in prominence.

Freedom of thought, tolerance, and inclusion, once foundational principles of liberalism, have been replaced by social conditioning and disdain for, and suppression of, opposing views.

Public education is a prime example.

Impact of Unionization

In 1916, the American Federation of Teachers was established as an affiliate of the American Federation of Labor, widely known now as the AFL-CIO. The organization was founded to improve teachers’ wages, pensions, and “academic freedom.”

Similarly, the National Education Association was founded in 1857 as the National Teachers Association. Established primarily to protect teachers’ rights and ensure that members were treated fairly, it changed its name in 1870 after absorbing three smaller organizations.

The NEA also pushes to increase education funding and to discourage merit pay. From a legislative standpoint, the organization is active in reforming laws designed to limit the growth of charter schools and discourage school voucher programs.

Anyone paying attention sees what has been going on in public schools for 25 years. I can't count the number of times I went to my kid's school due to out right lies they were teaching my girls. It wasn't hard by just reading their text books. Now it would be almost impossible with everything hidden on computers. I said almost and letting schools teach your children lies that will one day enable these lies to effect their rights and freedom any parent not monitoring their children's education should have child protection service called on them.

California has the highest paid teachers in the nation yet their students rank 48th in math and 49th in reading. This shows just how the people of Calif care of their children. Unions once had their place but not in our education system. We graduate idiots and the parents condone it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back