Zone1 How should non-Jews fix antisemitism?

There was a thread a couple of days ago in which a black poster asked whites how they should fix racism, so I’m asked a similar question: what should non-Jews do to fix antisemitism?

Given that it can be argued that there is more pronounced prejudice against Jews than there is against blacks (link below), and that Jew-hate is on the rise worldwide, it’s an important question.

As a start, we need to ramp down on these hate crimes, since Jews are experiencing them at twice the rate of blacks or Muslims, and thus more attention should be paid there. Suggestions?

My answer is probably not very practical but it is sincere. Even if you can find nothing to admire about a certain group of people--race, culture, religion, age, socioeconomic, what have you--it is vital to respect every member of the group as image bearers of God.

How about people who claim to be Jewish end their racism against people of color? That would go a long way to fixing anti semitism racist Jews create by their behavior.
How about people of color end their antisemitism against Jews? Studies have shown that antisemitic attitudes are more prevalent among blacks than whites.

All you do is scream “racist” all day, and then not only ignore obvious antisemitism by blacks, but call a Jew who points it out a “whiner.” Do you not see your obvious hypocrosy?

So tell me. What should have been done to the Philly NAACP president, whose role it is to stop racism against blacks, who disseminated a disgusting antisemitic meme? And then ask yourself what should be done if the local president of the Jewish-based ADL, also charged with stopping bigotry, disseminated a disgusting racist meme?

Jews need to stand up to antisemites. And we need to push back against people like you - people who accuse good, decent people of racism - who say to stop whining when the issue is antisemitism.

My answer is probably not very practical but it is sincere. Even if you can find nothing to admire about a certain group of people--race, culture, religion, age, socioeconomic, what have you--it is vital to respect every member of the group as image bearers of God.
That would be ideal. But you’re right…not practical.

I would have posted earlier, but I was prevented from doing so.

In my case, I educated myself on the history of the Jewish people, read an enormous amount about the Holocaust, and have had lots and lots of Jewish friends.

Now, before going further, I think it is important to understand the themes of antisemitism, especially how they relate to the themes we are force fed in this forum on a daily basis. These themes include Jews as unduly powerful, Jews as manipulative and conniving, Jews as loyal only to themselves and always scheming behind the scenes. Jews are seen as powerful and controlling -- not just the man, but THE MAN.

When people are failures in life and are not self-reflective enough to acknowledge WHY they are failures, they too often look for a convenient excuse. All the antisemitic canards I just outlined act as a veritable magnet to these failures in life because they provide the perfect scape goat. It has become downright formulaic over the years as Jewish people exist as the ultimate scapegoat to wide swaths of humanity just as white people are the scapegoat for far too many black people here.

Stop oppressing the Palestinians... that would help.
Another ignorant answer. Antisemitism has been around for over 2000 years. Please tell us why the “ Christian Religion” keeps teaching the Jews are Christ Killers. That’s the reason
“ Christians “ believe that GOD sent his only son down to die for our sins. In other words, it was meant to happen. So, even if the Jewish people did it; ( they didn’t) so what? You Have your savior

Another ignorant answer. Antisemitism has been around for over 2000 years. Please tell us why the “ Christian Religion” keeps teaching the Jews are Christ Killers. That’s the reason
“ Christians “ believe that GOD sent his only son down to die for our sins. In other words, it was meant to happen. So, even if the Jewish people did it; ( they didn’t) so what? You Have your savior

Why don't you listen? It's not about Jesus.

D
Maybe you should take a reading comprehension course. The Antisemitism running ramped was blamed on the Palestinian/ Israeli issue
The HATE was over 2000 years before anyone ever heard of Israel !
Forgot; In your sick mind Hitler did nothing wrong !

I visit Quora from time to time and every Muslim that lives in Israel says they would rather die than live in any Muslim nation.
I am surprised that most so called "progressives" take the side of the Palestinians against Israel. A gay rights demonstration in a Muslim country would be impossible. By the time the police arrived to arrest the demonstrators they would have been beaten to death by a raving mob of Muslims.

Israel is a small and vulnerable oasis of civilization surrounded by a vast and primitive desert of horrifying barbarism. Palestinians have been known to rape their sisters. When the girls get pregnant they are publicly murdered by relatives in front of approving crowds.

Listen to what, suradie? Of course it is not
about Jesus, Jesus was not an islamo-nazi pig.
In fact, christianity is not about Jesus. Christianity
is about ROME, its Emperor Constantine and his
filth which spawned the increasing barbarity of
the Roman empire and religion, important
aspects of the filth of Shariah law, and, ultimately,
the filth of German nazism. ALL ROADS (and christian and muslim genocides) LEAD TO ROME.
The recent murder attempt on the author Salman
Rushdie has its roots in ROMAN "CULTURE"

Listen to what, suradie? Of course it is not
about Jesus, Jesus was not an islamo-nazi pig.
In fact, christianity is not about Jesus. Christianity
is about ROME, its Emperor Constantine and his
filth which spawned the increasing barbarity of
the Roman empire and religion, important
aspects of the filth of Shariah law, and, ultimately,
the filth of German nazism. ALL ROADS (and christian and muslim genocides) LEAD TO ROME.
The recent murder attempt on the author Salman
Rushdie has its roots in ROMAN "CULTURE"

You sure are a big promoter of antisemitism.

as was Jesus---the pharisee from the Galil and his
cousin----the obsessive bather. Both the
Sadducean "priest" Caiaphas and SAINT PILATE
hated the pharisee from the Galilee and the
Edomite pretender to the throne hated his cousin,
Mr. Clean

You are actually funny! If Jackie Mason were alive I’d suggest you join his show. I thought it was because of the Palestinians. You agreed with that
Notice you conveniently ignored my comments about the Hate spewing Anti Semitic filth over the last 2000 years
IF Jesus died for our sins why does the Church spew so much HATE ? It wasn’t the Jews but IF it was, it was “ His Father’s Plan”
It Don’t blame another poster for it. Don’t think Hitler ever met her

I am surprised that most so called "progressives" take the side of the Palestinians against Israel. A gay rights demonstration in a Muslim country would be impossible. By the time the police arrived to arrest the demonstrators they would have been beaten to death by a raving mob of Muslims.

Israel is a small and vulnerable oasis of civilization surrounded by a vast and primitive desert of horrifying barbarism. Palestinians have been known to rape their sisters. When the girls get pregnant they are publicly murdered by relatives in front of approving crowds.

It’s true what you say - that ordinarily, one would expect progressives to ally with the more tolerant and advanced group, the one that elected a female PrIme Minister 50 years ago and certainly doesn’t toss gays off of roofs.

That all takes a back seat, though, to the main determinant of whom progressives side with (or against). They have divided the world into groups of successful people, whom they label “oppressor,” and the less successful group, whom they view as ”the oppressed.” Very little if any credit is given to WHY a group is successful - high educational achievement, motivation, discipline, etc.- and we even see this with the hostility, or at least lack of support, for small businesses.

Jews, who come out at the top of the “success” ladder, as a group, are therefore seen as the “ultra-oppressor.” This coincides with their false belief that Jews are all-powerful and in control of government.

Long ago, when I was <sigh> a child----I
stimulated hatred against little jewess me by
assuring some christian (well--they were eastern
Orthodox Serbs) playmates----"Jesus did not eat
bacon and eggs for breakfast"

You are actually funny! If Jackie Mason were alive I’d suggest you join his show. I thought it was because of the Palestinians. You agreed with that
Notice you conveniently ignored my comments about the Hate spewing Anti Semitic filth over the last 2000 years
IF Jesus died for our sins why does the Church spew so much HATE ? It wasn’t the Jews but IF it was, it was “ His Father’s Plan”
It Don’t blame another poster for it. Don’t think Hitler ever met her

I haven't been in all those churches for the past 2000 years. Churches I've attended have never been antisemitic or mentioned Jews.

It’s true what you say - that ordinarily, one would expect progressives to ally with the more tolerant and advanced group, the one that elected a female PrIme Minister 50 years ago and certainly doesn’t toss gays off of roofs.

That all takes a back seat, though, to the main determinant of whom progressives side with (or against). They have divided the world into groups of successful people, whom they label “oppressor,” and the less successful group, whom they view as ”the oppressed.” Very little if any credit is given to WHY a group is successful - high educational achievement, motivation, discipline, etc.- and we even see this with the hostility, or at least lack of support, for small businesses.

Jews, who come out at the top of the “success” ladder, as a group, are therefore seen as the “ultra-oppressor.” This coincides with their false belief that Jews are all-powerful and in control of government.

Palestinians don't throw gays off of roofs.

I haven't been in all those churches for the past 2000 years. Churches I've attended have never been antisemitic or mentioned Jews.
You haven’t been to the one in northern Virginia, 10,000 members strong, that preaches how Jews are cheapskates, stubborn peoplel and are going to Hell.

However, I guarantee you you have never been to a synagogue that mentioned Christians in any negative light, or in fact mentions them at all.

Palestinians don't throw gays off of roofs.
Muslims do. But in any event, Palestinians do launch rockets and stab Jews unprovoked., and elect Islamic terrorists as their leaders. They are backward people.

church is very relaxing----and kinda boring. The hymns are soporific. Try to stay awake next time.
Or----for an introduction to the ethos of Auschwitz---
read the book commonly called "the new testament".
For even more explicit introduction-----read Justinian and Canon law

Forum List

Back