How should an American Christian respond to a totalitarian takeover of America?

How should an American Christian respond to a totalitarian takeover by the left through, for example, election fraud? Here is how I believe Jesus wants us to respond. Obey the government (Romans 13: 1-2) and do no harm and, in fact, pray for those that are engaged in fraud (Matthew 5:44). I say "obey the government", provided that they don't command you to do something that violates God's laws, in which case, we must decline (Matthew 22:21). Jesus knew (knows) that this world is doomed (John 2:15-17) and beyond salvation by man alone. We must focus our energies on following Jesus' teachings and on bringing non-believers (Mark 16:15) to him. After all, what good is it to save our democracy (Mark 8:36) but lose a brother or sister's soul? Jesus did not engage in politics nor did he ever encourage his disciples to do so. As difficult as it is, we should emulate Jesus' example. And, besides, vengeance belongs to our father in Heaven! (Romans 12:19) Thanks for reading!
Keep it Local ....local.....Local for meat space if things go south

rddxfggh.jpg

It is also rubbish Christians are somehow 'totalitarians'

There is no shortage of American Christians that want secular society to adhere to Christian theology.

How should an American Christian respond to a totalitarian takeover by the left through, for example, election fraud? Here is how I believe Jesus wants us to respond. Obey the government (Romans 13: 1-2) and do no harm and, in fact, pray for those that are engaged in fraud (Matthew 5:44). I say "obey the government", provided that they don't command you to do something that violates God's laws, in which case, we must decline (Matthew 22:21). Jesus knew (knows) that this world is doomed (John 2:15-17) and beyond salvation by man alone. We must focus our energies on following Jesus' teachings and on bringing non-believers (Mark 16:15) to him. After all, what good is it to save our democracy (Mark 8:36) but lose a brother or sister's soul? Jesus did not engage in politics nor did he ever encourage his disciples to do so. As difficult as it is, we should emulate Jesus' example. And, besides, vengeance belongs to our father in Heaven! (Romans 12:19) Thanks for reading!

IMO it's pretty clear Christians are obligated to support the legitimate government, and with arms if necessary, especially if the 'revolutionaries' intend to murder Christians at the first opportunity. It is a myth Christians are commanded to stand around and do nothing in the face of robbery, murders, and violence against themselves and others. We know the Apostles carried swords, three of them, and one of those who carried one was Peter. It is also rubbish Christians are somehow 'totalitarians', which is of course utter nonsense; free will is very important in the NT theology, and so are individual rights.

That verse on rendering unto Caesar wasn't just some smartass retort. There is no requirement that 'Caesar' was required to be perfect; that is an impossibility and while Christians are inspired to aspire perfection there is no expecatations any will ever be. How many ever achieved it in the OT? The nature of both Hebrewism and Christianity makes neither a good fit for kings and feudalism, but that was the way of the world for most of history, so be it. See David's story for an example in the OT.
That verse on rendering unto Caesar wasn't just some smartass retort. There is no requirement that 'Caesar' was required to be perfect; that is an impossibility and while Christians are inspired to aspire perfection there is no expecatations any will ever be.
the rendering to caesar is a forgery written by the crucifiers in the 4th century.

the prescribed religion of antiquity abandoned by the desert religions does require triumph over evil as the commandment for their freed spirit to be admitted into the Everlasting by judgement and assuredly where no idolatrous christians will ever be allowed.

Here is how I believe Jesus wants us to respond. Obey the government (Romans 13: 1-2)

LOL.... Do you know that Nero, another false mangod, was the head of government when that was written by Paul while he was in jail. Probably redacted by the Romans before it was sent out.

Either way thats not what Jesus would have said..

Even when he said give unto Caesar the things of Caesar and give unto God the things of God he was not implying obeying an evil government.

To the roman it would seem that he was saying to pay your taxes but to the observant Jew who knew that nothing belonged to Caesar especially in Israel they understood that in effect he was saying to give Caesar nothing because everything in Israel belonged to God.

Last edited:
"Render unto Cesar that which....."
Jesus isn't getting in trouble with the law with Cæsar here, nor is he exonerating Cæsar from responsibility for the coinage of money or the accountancy of Rome's tax collection department --- Remember He ate with publicans and sinners.

These days that's called "selling out".

Here is how I believe Jesus wants us to respond. Obey the government (Romans 13: 1-2)

LOL.... Do you know that Nero, another false mangod, was the head of government when that was written by Paul while he was in jail. Probably redacted by the Romans before it was sent out.

Even when he said give unto Caesar the things of Caesar and give unto God the things of God he was not implying obeying an evil government.

To the roman it would seem that he was saying to pay your taxes but to the observant Jew who knew that nothing belonged to Caesar especially in Israel they understood that in effect he was saying to give Caesar nothing because everything in Israel belonged to God.

I appreciate your feedback.

Would Jesus advocate for violence against a corrupt, totalitarian, government?

No. If the past is any indication he would lift his magical sword and say, "Eat this" and kill the beat until it was not only merely dead but most sincerely undeniably and reliably dead, forever freeing those in hells keeping.

Remember? He was a wild and crazy guy!

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

:wine:

Last edited:

I appreciate your feedback.

He advocated against the Temple, which was the govt. in Jerusalem and Judah at the time; it was a temple state under Roman law and had special privileges as such.

There is no shortage of American Christians that want secular society to adhere to Christian theology.

And that would be better than what society has become now, for nearly everyone, not just Christians.

Maybe, but I prefer a separation of state from church in that it is secular and that laws are also secular.

I don't want to live under Sharia Law nor under the Catechism.

And that would be better than what society has become now, for nearly everyone, not just Christians.

Maybe, but I prefer a separation of state from church in that it is secular and that laws are also secular.

Nobody does; that's why the establishment clause was embodied in the law, even though it was a platform of a Christian sect; no need to have to choose one Christian sect over another; the Founders didn't. Nobody considers Sharia law to be Christian, it's a Muslim cult practice, not Christianity. Religions are not all alike, and some are political ideologies, like Islam, and aren't religions.

I say "obey the government", provided that they don't command you to do something that violates God's laws, in which case, we must decline (Matthew 22:21).
the metaphysical laws are secular, the introduction of "religious" interpretation is in itself a deviation from the norm in most cases for a particular geocentreic consideration at the expense to those their law is demeaning.

He advocated against the Temple, which was the govt.
essentially, the 1st century events, the religious itinerant concluded both are the same the religions of that time and to the present day disguise themselves through divinity to accomplish what otherwise they are incalculable of achieving otherwise. illicit moral imperatives. picaro.

I thought you were going to talk about Trump's Martial Law.

I much rather live in a society that values personal responsibilities over personal pleasure, and the protection of childhood above diversity.

The only reasonable response to a totalitarian takeover is violent opposition.

Yes, and that's the problem. Your theology is fine if you apply it to yourself... If you don't like abortion, don't have one. If you don't like gay marriage, don't have one of those, either.

The problem is, you want society to adhere to your theology, whether or not we believe in your magic sky man or not.

And that's the problem with you sky-pixie worshippers. Pretty soon, you are fighting among yourselves over theological issues... you've been doing this for 2000 years...

It's why the Founding Slave Rapists, despite their many faults, looked at the last 200 years of English history and said, "Hard Pass". They saw the place go from Catholic to Protestant to Catholic to Protestant to Puritan to Protestant to Catholic to Protestant again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back