How should an American Christian respond to a totalitarian takeover of America?

How should an American Christian respond to a totalitarian takeover by the left through, for example, election fraud? Here is how I believe Jesus wants us to respond. Obey the government (Romans 13: 1-2) and do no harm and, in fact, pray for those that are engaged in fraud (Matthew 5:44). I say "obey the government", provided that they don't command you to do something that violates God's laws, in which case, we must decline (Matthew 22:21). Jesus knew (knows) that this world is doomed (John 2:15-17) and beyond salvation by man alone. We must focus our energies on following Jesus' teachings and on bringing non-believers (Mark 16:15) to him. After all, what good is it to save our democracy (Mark 8:36) but lose a brother or sister's soul? Jesus did not engage in politics nor did he ever encourage his disciples to do so. As difficult as it is, we should emulate Jesus' example. And, besides, vengeance belongs to our father in Heaven! (Romans 12:19) Thanks for reading!

how would you respond to an authoritarian take over by trump?

if trump had democrats executed in the streets would you thank god?

or trump?

How should an American Christian respond to a totalitarian takeover by the left through, for example, election fraud? Here is how I believe Jesus wants us to respond. Obey the government (Romans 13: 1-2) and do no harm and, in fact, pray for those that are engaged in fraud (Matthew 5:44). I say "obey the government", provided that they don't command you to do something that violates God's laws, in which case, we must decline (Matthew 22:21). Jesus knew (knows) that this world is doomed (John 2:15-17) and beyond salvation by man alone. We must focus our energies on following Jesus' teachings and on bringing non-believers (Mark 16:15) to him. After all, what good is it to save our democracy (Mark 8:36) but lose a brother or sister's soul? Jesus did not engage in politics nor did he ever encourage his disciples to do so. As difficult as it is, we should emulate Jesus' example. And, besides, vengeance belongs to our father in Heaven! (Romans 12:19) Thanks for reading!

or trump?

I oppose sin regardless of who commits it and I will follow Christ regardless of what anyone else does.

Sorry about your loss but I am afraid you are in error as God does not have to 'answer for that' when you come before that Almighty Spirit.

It's said that mourning and bereavement are the last acts of love that one can express for another. I also believe that it is understandable and somewhat normal for people to be angry at God, particularly if they've lost a child. I will not judge nor criticize another for how they feel after having lost the center of their existence. I would be utterly despondent if my son or daughter passed away, God forbid, please.
That wasn't criticizing, just a statement of fact. It is a normal flesh response to be angry at God when we suffer a loss of a most beloved person in our life; been there, done that and fully understand how it can inhibit the walk with the Spirit of God in us. Perhaps you try to judge too quickly without knowledge.

Sorry about your loss but I am afraid you are in error as God does not have to 'answer for that' when you come before that Almighty Spirit.

It's said that mourning and bereavement are the last acts of love that one can express for another. I also believe that it is understandable and somewhat normal for people to be angry at God, particularly if they've lost a child. I will not judge nor criticize another for how they feel after having lost the center of their existence. I would be utterly despondent if my son or daughter passed away, God forbid, please.
That wasn't criticizing, just a statement of fact. It is a normal flesh response to be angry at God when we suffer a loss of a most beloved person in our life; been there, done that and fully understand how it can inhibit the walk with the Spirit of God in us. Perhaps you try to judge too quickly without knowledge.

I'm sorry. I did not intend to imply that you were "criticizing" the other poster. I was simply saying that, speaking only for myself, that I would not feel justified in criticizing another for how they might react to such a devastating loss.

or trump?
I' be more concerned about Barr ordering that since he is in charge of DOJ at the moment and did cover over for the Ruby Ridge murders.

What do you suggest be done with violent rioters and looters?

Again, your post is entirely off-topic and you have effectively hijacked this thread.
Just because you can't argue, intellectually, means you can't argue intellectually- the OT is how should a christian respond to a totalitarian? Correct? Religion is totalitarian. Period. Every different sect has it's tyrannical language- every sect uses fear and punishment for not fearing enough to get a favored response-
So, how are you going to respond?

Again, your post is entirely off-topic and you have effectively hijacked this thread.
Just because you can't argue, intellectually, means you can't argue intellectually- the OT is how should a christian respond to a totalitarian? Correct? Religion is totalitarian. Period. Every different sect has it's tyrannical language- every sect uses fear and punishment for not fearing enough to get a favored response-

I'm "arguing" BIBLICALLY. You're arguing a topic that you introduced and which is immaterial to this discussion. Unless you respond to the topic I will not engage with you further in this thread.

Congratulations. You folks killed this thread just like you kill every other thread in the "Religion" forum.

or trump?
I' be more concerned about Barr ordering that since he is in charge of DOJ at the moment and did cover over for the Ruby Ridge murders.

What do you suggest be done with violent rioters and looters?

violent looters
violent protestors
and kyle rittenhouse

all broke laws and should be prosecuted.

now answer my question

if it were proved that trump was attempting a coup would you join him or just stand back and applaud?
Trump is already the president. The coup has came from the opposition that is really pissed that they loss. So much so that they determined to rig an election.

Per Kyle Rittenhouse, he protected himself and why don't you mention that there were shots fired before he did that? PS, don't be stupid enough to try to attack and take away a gun from someone who has it or you may get shot.

Perhaps you are reading it (the OT) wrong? The entire book teaches us about the spiritual nature of Man and the human aka Adam (earthly container) and gives guidelines on how to overcome the worldly nature of these flesh bodies where we currently reside. The spiritual Man within is basically totalitarian as you say but even that is a portion of you within the human of you whether you know or understand that is another question.

When I say to quit letting people scare you into supporting evil men you can be assured that Jesus would tell you the same thing.

The topic of my post is how Christians should respond to a hypothetical and totalitarian takeover of America. Do you want to discuss the topic of my thread or do you want to talk about something else?
Christians should fight a totalitarian regime. They should demand truth by their leaders and refuse to follow one who lies to them. How do you not go to sleep when your leaders speaks when you know he lies. The current president not only lies but tells whoppers so big not even my 5 years old niece would not be fooled. I mean this idiot told us that a hoax virus was made just to screw him. The entire world shut down their economy just to screw over Trump. You know we did with out 8.4 billion paychecks while the economy was down just to screw Trump. 8.4 billion people in on it. This lie is so amazing I can not even contemplate telling it. Yet it was told and believed. If you are this stupid you are not even the same sp
Species as I am and I realy do not care whT you think in the least.

When I say to quit letting people scare you into supporting evil men you can be assured that Jesus would tell you the same thing.

The topic of my post is how Christians should respond to a hypothetical and totalitarian takeover of America. Do you want to discuss the topic of my thread or do you want to talk about something else?
Christians should fight a totalitarian regime. They should demand truth by their leaders and refuse to follow one who lies to them. How do you not go to sleep when your leaders speaks when you know he lies. The current president not only lies but tells whoppers so big not even my 5 years old niece would not be fooled. I mean this idiot told us that a hoax virus was made just to screw him. The entire world shut down their economy just to screw over Trump. You know we did with out 8.4 billion paychecks while the economy was down just to screw Trump. 8.4 billion people in on it. This lie is so amazing I can not even contemplate telling it. Yet it was told and believed. If you are this stupid you are not even the same sp
Species as I am and I realy do not care whT you think in the least.

rush goebbels
“if you tell a lie big enough and repeat it conservative morons will believe it”

If God wanted Trump to win the election, he would have won the election. Nobody can cheat God. God didn't want Trump to win.

For the most part, I believe God lets us exercise our free will and, accordingly, permits events to take their natural course. He does, of course, intervene at times but that is the exception and certainly not the rule.

Seems odd. Trump supporters claim his presidency was God ordained, but now that his ass is voted out, God doesn't concern himself with such things. Not very consistent is it?
I'm still standing on what I said before that I believe God will/has used Donal Trump to help lead this nation out of the abyss that evil ones who turned their backs on God had/have brought it to.

I also do not believe that is called a win when an election has been rigged any more than I believe unlike you that one should stand by do nothing and allow a drake duck to rape then chicken hens.

Jesus sure as hell wouldn’t want y’all lying about things like fraud and takeovers and evil liberals. All this hyperbole and dishonesty a d dear mongering isn’t the Christian way is it? Love thy neighbor, be compassionate, listen more than lecture, just be a good person and try your best to do the right thing.... all should be fine

If God wanted Trump to win the election, he would have won the election. Nobody can cheat God. God didn't want Trump to win.

For the most part, I believe God lets us exercise our free will and, accordingly, permits events to take their natural course. He does, of course, intervene at times but that is the exception and certainly not the rule.

Seems odd. Trump supporters claim his presidency was God ordained, but now that his ass is voted out, God doesn't concern himself with such things. Not very consistent is it?
I'm still standing on what I said before that I believe God will/has used Donal Trump to help lead this nation out of the abyss that evil ones who turned their backs on God had/have brought it to.

I also do not believe that is called a win when an election has been rigged any more than I believe unlike you that one should stand by do nothing and allow a drake duck to rape then chicken hens.

Someone should point that verse out to Trump and his supporters.

You are the one who claimed you do not believe. Even our beloved president Donald J. Trump confesses Jesus Christ is lord.

I agree that Jesus taught us to obey the government and to pray for those who hate us etc. However, a totalitarian scenario means inevitably that many will be killed. That's the pattern with totalitarians. Those who do not agree with the government, those who refuse to obey, those who are inconvenient and assorted others will be put to death.

Do we sit idly by and let our brothers and sisters die? Tough call. When you see someone getting beaten up in the street do you help them? It seems to me most Christians ought to, even if they risk their own lives in doing so.

There is no greater love than to give your life for your friends. John 15:13

How to fight the totalitarian takeover? We'd have to band together making use of the talents God has given each of us. Some would be organizers, some communicators, some warriors...

St Augustine talked about the conditions necessary for justly going to war. They are worth considering for this discussion.
  1. the damage inflicted by the aggressor on the nation or community of nations must be lasting, grave, and certain;
  2. all other means of putting an end to it must have been shown to be impractical or ineffective;
  3. there must be serious prospects of success;
  4. the use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated.

This dear lady has it down. Testify to truth and cover it with the Word.

You are the one who claimed you do not believe. Even our beloved president Donald J. Trump confesses Jesus Christ is lord.

I don't have to believe to point out your hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy about what? That I stand on what I have already stated I believe in the past? You changing other peoples words into your lies doesn't cut it.

See #71
An see #73
I haven't change what I believe.

Forum List

Back