How should an American Christian respond to a totalitarian takeover of America?

Godvernment does the same thing- with frequent intervention- imagine that- the Devils that wear a suit and Tie in the District of Criminals, treated like saints, believe themselves omnipotent on BOTH sides of the Duopoly Party- pretending it ain't so doesn't change a thing-

The world is a staggeringly corrupt and sinful place. It is hopeless and doomed. Jesus wants us to avoid following the wicked world and to, instead, follow him because doing so leads to holiness and to eternal life. Here are examples of what was said in the bible about following, conforming, or loving the world.

The world is a staggeringly corrupt and sinful place. It is hopeless and doomed. Jesus wants us to avoid following the wicked world and to, instead, follow him because doing so leads to holiness and to eternal life. Here are examples of what was said in the bible about following, conforming, or loving the world.
Here's what Thomas Jefferson wrote- we hold these truths to be self evident, all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights, endowed, by their creator, among these are, the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness- that is MY bible- no rules, no tithes, no rituals, no dressing up in funny clothes, no sainting of humans- I respect, until disrespected- followers of the gods don't seem to get that concept- jews being the worse with christians hot on their tail (or on their knees in front of them)- yet, jews and christians have nothing in common in their religion except the name jesus who is different for jews than christians-

DON'T proselytize me. I despise group think in religion and politics- they BOTH demand conformity to their beliefs and believe it is justifiable to force it on those who don't buy the bs- and I am in that category- religion is to control. Politics is to control. Period.

We are to resist evil.

Resist evil, surely, but not with more evil.
People can give themselves over to evil ways. We are to try and avoid those things if at all possible. Allowing people to make their own choices as long as they are not impeding on another person's liberty is part of the growing process.
We are to resist evil.

That's true, and we are not to respond to evil by engaging in evil. And what is evil? Evil is that which goes against God's will.
Lack of faith in itself can be the largest issue many face.

Here's what Thomas Jefferson wrote- we hold these truths to be self evident, all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights, endowed, by their creator, among these are, the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness-
Jefferson wrote that beautifully.

DON'T proselytize me.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but you are in the RELIGION forum. I am stating my view as a CHRISTIAN as to how I believe a Christian should respond to the hypothetical scenario that I used in my OP.
If you don't wish to read this material, then perhaps you should not read it, let alone respond to it.

I agree but, did Jefferson actually apply those principles to people in his own life? The answer is, no, he did not. How many slaves did he own?

Perhaps you haven't noticed but you are in the RELIGION forum. I am stating my view as a CHRISTIAN as to how I believe a Christian should respond to the hypothetical scenario that I used in my OP.
If you don't wish to read this material, then perhaps you should not read it, let alone respond to it.
Perhaps you didn't read all my post- how you believe is what I question, and why, and gave my opinion as to what religion does- control- see your posts for evidence. It is the same as politics, sometimes finer clothed- the result is the same- ostracize, shame, disparage because- "my view" as a whatever-

I agree but, did Jefferson actually apply those principles to people in his own life? The answer is, no, he did not. How many slaves did he own?
Not going into that argument for at that time slaves were a portion of the culture that the United States has overcome.

If we talk about today and current events with applicable laws and what is good or bad/evil I am willing to converse with you on that.

Not going into that argument for at that time slaves were a portion of the culture that the United States has overcome.

If we talk about today and current events with applicable laws and what is good or bad/evil I am willing to converse with you on that.

Jefferson was a great man, but he was also a very sinful man as well as a hypocrite. He preached about freedom while denying freedom to others. If you want to ignore that fact, that's ok with me. Besides, it's immaterial to the thread topic anyway.

...how you believe is what I question, and why, and gave my opinion as to what religion does- control...

That is NOT the topic of THIS thread. Feel free to start your own thread to address that topic.

Religion has had 6000 years of failure to convert people, as a whole, to their sect ideology (and each is different)- yet, respecting of Individual rights is never mentioned, never mind never exercised- in fact, each sect claims one is doomed to hell-fire and damnation if one doesn't accept their beliefs - religion worships itself- an idol, man made, which is supposed to be immoral- one must tithe to be saved- one must worship to be saved- one must pray to be saved- one must perform certain rituals to be saved-

Respect comes from self respect and self respect comes from showing respect- simple, easy to do and free of charge- no ritual, no blasphemy, no tithing, no dressing up to out do your neighbor- but, by god, you're going to hell if you don't conform- of course the christian god, the jew god and the islam god all claim their way is the way- but, nary a peep about respecting anothers beliefs- SMH

We are to resist evil.

People can give themselves over to evil ways. We are to try and avoid those things if at all possible. Allowing people to make their own choices as long as they are not impeding on another person's liberty is part of the growing process.
We are to resist evil.

That's true, and we are not to respond to evil by engaging in evil. And what is evil? Evil is that which goes against God's will.
Faith is easy when your life is good and you have generally gotten what you wanted out of life. I lost mine when it seemed God was intent on taking everyone I loved. I still keep the faith in the way I treat others but I can't believe in a loving God anymore. He took my whole family and my livelihood within just a few years. If I ever come before Him he will have to answer for that.

I try to- why don't religious, god fearing, people do it?
For some reason it does seem to get messy in areas where it shouldn't in religious circles at times but again people can give themselves over to whatever 'the matter' may be. The problem comes when they start thinking their will an beliefs should be forced on others when they themselves have not overcome the world aka their own flesh nature. There are also a lot of aspects of living in a modern society to insure it is inclusive for everyone in some manner. If we look at recent history people in our government haven't allowed that when they get all rile up and start killing men, women and children because someone determined that they were cultish. Waco and Ruby Ridge are prime examples of that very bad behavior on our government's part.

Religion has had 6000 years of failure to convert people, as a whole, to their sect ideology (and each is different)- yet, respecting of Individual rights is never mentioned, never mind never exercised- in fact, each sect claims one is doomed to hell-fire and damnation if one doesn't accept their beliefs - religion worships itself- an idol, man made, which is supposed to be immoral- one must tithe to be saved- one must worship to be saved- one must pray to be saved- one must perform certain rituals to be saved-

Respect comes from self respect and self respect comes from showing respect- simple, easy to do and free of charge- no ritual, no blasphemy, no tithing, no dressing up to out do your neighbor- but, by god, you're going to hell if you don't conform- of course the christian god, the jew god and the islam god all claim their way is the way- but, nary a peep about respecting anothers beliefs- SMH

Again, your post is entirely off-topic and you have effectively hijacked this thread.

We are to resist evil.

We are to resist evil.

Faith is easy when your life is good and you have generally gotten what you wanted out of life. I lost mine when it seemed God was intent on taking everyone I loved. I still keep the faith in the way I treat others but I can't believe in a loving God anymore. He took my whole family and my livelihood within just a few years. If I ever come before Him he will have to answer for that.
Sorry about your loss but I am afraid you are in error as God does not have to 'answer for that' when you come before that Almighty Spirit.

We are to resist evil.

We are to resist evil.

Your family, and you, belong to God. Have you considered that it is a blessing for them that they were able to leave this wicked, forsaken world in order to live in paradise with him? I don't mean to make light of your losses. I agree that it's easy when things are good. I've never lost a child, for instance. Nevertheless, I encourage you to have faith in the faith that you once had and consider that your loved ones are in PARADISE right now, waiting for you. One day, it will all make sense. Remember, Jesus said that he will wipe away every tear.

You're totally off-topic and you are flaming and trolling.

Here's the reality... the most horrible dictatorships in history were enthusiastically supported by Christians. If anything, Christianity tells people to obey the state. That's why Constantine chose it over Mithraism or some other mystery cult of the third century. He wanted a state religion that encouraged obedience.

View attachment 424236View attachment 424237View attachment 424239

And again, your post has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. You have come into this thread for the sole purpose of flaming, trolling, and hijacking it out of existence.

Sorry about your loss but I am afraid you are in error as God does not have to 'answer for that' when you come before that Almighty Spirit.

It's said that mourning and bereavement are the last acts of love that one can express for another. I also believe that it is understandable and somewhat normal for people to be angry at God, particularly if they've lost a child. I will not judge nor criticize another for how they feel after having lost the center of their existence. I would be utterly despondent if my son or daughter passed away, God forbid, please.

New Topics

Forum List

Back