How safe is marijuana?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
for those who didn't see Willie Nelson on Bill Maher Friday night -

bRv8HXH.jpg

It's not very; people use it exclusively to alter their mental state and perception of their surroundings. After a while they lose qualms about driving, and being high alters their perceptions of their situations in driving emergencies. It can also cause them to routinize their reactions - like pull up to a stop sign, look left and see a car a seemingly safe distance away, look right and having fulfilled that routine obligation without a quick check back to the left - pull out in front of a moving car.

Furthermore, when asked about their use on a medical form when seeking medical care, not answer truthfully out of fear. That can be harmful to their health and they may get inappropriate treatment.

Never mind the cost of dope; what is it now $400 and more an ounce? That comes down to at least $50 a week for a daily user. Doesn't that do damage to a small family's budget? Will a user be honest with a spouse about that size expenditure? That leads to a deterioration of trust and damages a relationship.

I can think of a multitude of problems arising from its use that are usually NOT considered.

Last edited:
It's not very; people use it exclusively to alter their mental state and perception of their surroundings. After a while they lose qualms about driving, and being high alters their perceptions of their situations in driving emergencies. It can also cause them to routinize their reactions - like pull up to a stop sign, look left and see a car a seemingly safe distance away, look right and having fulfilled that routine obligation without a quick check back to the left - pull out in front of a moving car.

Furthermore, when asked about their use on a medical form when seeking medical care, not answer truthfully out of fear. That can be harmful to their health and they may get inappropriate treatment.

Never mind the cost of dope; what is it now $400 and more an ounce? That comes down to at least $50 a week for a daily user. Doesn't that do damage to a small family's budget? Will a user be honest with a spouse about that size expenditure? That leads to a deterioration of trust and damages a relationship.

I can think of a multitude of problems arising from its use that are usually NOT considered.

Could we see some proof of this?

The problem is liberals will ignore that smoking it causes lung cancer.

I had a chest X-Ray in 96 and the doc asked me if I smoked. I said no being technically true. "Odd" he said: "you have a lot of dark shadows in your lungs"

I hadn't smoked cigs since 1972, but I was a daily user of weed.

You take deeper inhales with pot and hold it in longer. If legalized, and cheaper, people will smoke more and there will be more lung cancers as a result. My best bud is dying from lung cancer right now and he only smoked pot.

I know one thing, its a hellva lot stronger than it was when I was a teen. It should be legal, it is stupid that it is not. Legalize it and Tax the hell out of it. Shut down the mexicans bringing it into the states.

The problem is liberals will ignore that smoking it causes lung cancer.

I had a chest X-Ray in 96 and the doc asked me if I smoked. I said no being technically true. "Odd" he said: "you have a lot of dark shadows in your lungs"

I hadn't smoked cigs since 1972, but I was a daily user of weed.

You take deeper inhales with pot and hold it in longer. If legalized, and cheaper, people will smoke more and there will be more lung cancers as a result. My best bud is dying from lung cancer right now and he only smoked pot.

I am sure they could make it in pill form if it was legal, you wouldnt get high fast but you would still get high.

Liberals seem to want getting high to be legal. More and more people high out of their minds, contributing nothing to society, helps their cause. The more dysfunctional people the merrier Democrats are, just more votes to tax the shit out of the producers in order to redistribute to the lazy.

Its all part of the agenda folks. After weed is legal, they'll push for Meth too.

Liberals seem to want getting high to be legal. More and more people high out of their minds, contributing nothing to society, helps their cause. The more dysfunctional people the merrier Democrats are, just more votes to tax the shit out of the producers in order to redistribute to the lazy.

Its all part of the agenda folks. After weed is legal, they'll push for Meth too.

I definiely am not a liberal, your meth argument is dumb.

I know one thing, its a hellva lot stronger than it was when I was a teen. It should be legal, it is stupid that it is not. Legalize it and Tax the hell out of it. Shut down the mexicans bringing it into the states.
When it does become legal the black market for it will be gone and the pushers will push something else. They won't quit just because one of their potential commodities has been removed from their tool-kit. They need their loot and won't gravitate to a regular honest job.

When it does become legal the black market for it will be gone and the pushers will push something else. They won't quit just because one of their potential commodities has been removed from their tool-kit. They need their loot and won't gravitate to a regular honest job.

The weed market is much bigger than the market for the other drugs like Meth, herion and cocaine. I know that there will still be a market for those drugs but, not as huge as the weed market is.

The most dangerous effects of marijuana use is it's the effect on criminal justice system.

Taxing the hell out of it, which liberals surely will do, most assuredly will mean the black market will continue.

Taxing the hell out of it, which liberals surely will do, most assuredly will mean the black market will continue.

They should make it legal to grow a certian amount yourself, just like it is legal to brew beer and make a certian amount of moonshine.

How's the alcohol black market doing?

As for prices the ones in Colorado I've seen are amazing. But I can see how someone who doesn't know shit about the topic would think otherwise.

Forum List

Back