How Sad...family split between Trump supporters and anti-trumpers

People who, for some reason, are in love with this trump seem to seize every opportunity to shove him, his politics, and his "religion" in people's faces, challenging them to agree or put up a fight. Don't confront anyone to solicit agreement. This is exactly how to destroy a relationship. Eat dinner in silence or make small talk.

People who, for some reason, are in love with this trump seem to seize every opportunity to shove him, his politics, and his "religion" in people's faces,

Most leftists I know feel that way when I say the word "Trump".

That 1 word is all it takes.

In one case I didn't even say that...I was talking about setting up an indoor amusement park for kids and then I said I would call it "MAKE KIDS GREAT AGAIN"...and hysterics ensued!

People who, for some reason, are in love with this trump seem to seize every opportunity to shove him, his politics, and his "religion" in people's faces, challenging them to agree or put up a fight. Don't confront anyone to solicit agreement. This is exactly how to destroy a relationship. Eat dinner in silence or make small talk.
If you think that only goes one way, you are simply deluding yourself.

The notion of family is sooo outdated in our society since the divorce rate has been well over 50%, for how many decades?

Tribes are the thing bitchez, tribes!

Ever since the lefts identity politics have undermined the American family, for how many decades?

What family would ever let something so unimportant as politics divide them? Crazy that is.

If you think that only goes one way, you are simply deluding yourself.

So debate the pros and cons of a current policy that the executive branch of the U.S. government is pursuing. I think that it is a good idea. You think it's bad. And vice versa. Don't use language that suggests that trump is king now, that everyone is obligated to follow his lead and owes his person allegiance, and that there is something wrong with anyone who does not follow him, as this implies only that trump has created a cult of personality. He is just one human being among billions.

I'm sure what I'm describing is not unique.

There are other families like what I'm about to describe having this same divisive issue.

I know a family that has been given an ultimatum by an anti-trumper member.

Either the other family members stop supporting Trump or the anti-trumper member will severe ALL family relationships.
Meaning contacts. Etc.

An ultimatum by the anti-trumper was made.

There is a lot more to the situation that makes this a little more unique but the over-all point is the
anti-trumper hates Trump so much the member is willing to sacrifice family relationships.

How sad. How ignorant. The sad point is millions of people like me don't like a lot things about Trump. He is a braggart. Loud. Boisterous. Overall personality that most people have problems with including me!
YET Trump is human. Trump is a very sincere family man. Loves his family as I do. Loves his country as I do. Totally respects the military and law enforcement, as I do. Wants America to be great. As I do.
And Trump has been successful. Trump's first 3 years have been a great success for more Americans.
So if you are an anti-Trumper work hard to not get him re-elected.
But remember your family comes first and please don't do as I described above.

How SAD!

Your blob is a lying whoremonger. Anyone who supports him should be viewed as someone without good sense.

There are other families like what I'm about to describe having this same divisive issue.

Either the other family members stop supporting Trump or the anti-trumper member will severe ALL family relationships.
Meaning contacts. Etc.

There is a lot more to the situation that makes this a little more unique but the over-all point is the
anti-trumper hates Trump so much the member is willing to sacrifice family relationships.

How sad. How ignorant. The sad point is millions of people like me don't like a lot things about Trump. He is a braggart. Loud. Boisterous. Overall personality that most people have problems with including me!
YET Trump is human. Trump is a very sincere family man. Loves his family as I do. Loves his country as I do. Totally respects the military and law enforcement, as I do. Wants America to be great. As I do.
And Trump has been successful. Trump's first 3 years have been a great success for more Americans.

How SAD!

Your blob is a lying whoremonger. Anyone who supports him should be viewed as someone without good sense.

Very good comment as it shows exactly the mentality of any one who thinks they are smarter than they really are!
Your statement that "blob is a lying whoremonger" I wonder what I wrote was a lie?
But thank you for proving the point that people like you are so emotionally locked into the MSM bias you can't identify the truth!
Thanks for proving my case!

Well I'm sorry that there are a few people just as radical as the anti-trumpers are. I'm sure there are some people like that.
I was pointing out the issue with a family where the radical anti-Trumper wants them to think like that person does.
And I agree with you if there are Trump supporters expressing the same virulent rabid behavior they are wrong also!

Meaning contacts. Etc.

How SAD!

Very good comment as it shows exactly the mentality of any one who thinks they are smarter than they really are!
Your statement that "blob is a lying whoremonger" I wonder what I wrote was a lie?
But thank you for proving the point that people like you are so emotionally locked into the MSM bias you can't identify the truth!
We are all anonymous on USMB. How would you know what candycorn's viewing habits are, or any other USMB member? Should we all assume that you are a believing watcher of Fox News?

Meaning contacts. Etc.

How SAD!

Well, candycornhole IS stupid beyond belief. Their RAGING TDS is most likely the cause of a severe lack of intellect EVERY time they post. Very sad.

In the scheme of my life politics of the nation falls so far under god, family, and so many other things it really makes no sense to consider it so vital.

Meaning contacts. Etc.

How SAD!

We are all anonymous on USMB. How would you know what candycorn's viewing habits are, or any other USMB member? Should we all assume that you are a believing watcher of Fox News?

Of course you should! As Fox is considered considerable less right wing leaning than the other MSMs are Left wing and
like most good Fox viewers we believe the facts are important to prove what we are saying.
Here are the FACTS...

Examples of Media Bias
If you really are an honest person you will go to the above web site and see the examples.
Use the below how the bias is presented.
Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 6.26.44 PM.png

In the scheme of my life politics of the nation falls so far under god, family, and so many other things it really makes no sense to consider it so vital.

Until it intrudes upon you pesonally, and catches you by surprise.

And by then, it will be too late for you.

In 86 years it hasn't intruded on me...been hearing the same old rhetoric since I was old enuff to vote.

Meaning contacts. Etc.

How SAD!

Didn’t read much of your original post. It was about families splitting because they gave family members who support the lying whoremonger.

Do you deny your blob is a lying whoremonger?

Yep...it should be entertaining as I laugh at all the debating which to me amounts to a punch of fecal matter. Apathy is on the rise and for justifiable reasons.

I've got a cousin that I've always been close to, although we've now lived in different states for quite a few years.
He was always someone I could talk to about politics, although we sometimes supported different candidates, we were pretty close politically most of the time.
However, on Facebook, the past couple years now, he's been absolutely over the top in his hate of Trump, and Trump supporters.
I really don't even want to talk to the guy now knowing how he feels about anyone who supports Trump.

Forum List

Back