How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law

"You snakes! You brood of vipers!..."--Matthew 23:33

Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

"Get behind me, Satan!" (said to His disciple, Peter)--Matthew 16:23

He brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon the son of John. You shall be called Cephas” (which means Peter) ... And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

"You blind fools!"--Matthew 23:17

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

He brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon the son of John. You shall be called Cephas” (which means Peter) ... And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

He said all of these things. He both called "fool" and said anyone who does so will be liable to Hell. I never said differently.

Demented = has dementia, as in a dx
Basement = where he hid during the 2020 campaign
Dummy = being used by others to do their will

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. It is accurate and descriptive. Do you think Jesus Christ did not use accurate and descriptive terms?

Biden's basement is a recording studio and office. I think it's great that he wasn't doing super spreader rallies during a pandemic that killed so many.

Jesus was speaking of a particular group of Jews.. perhaps they were the Edomites who were forcibly converted to Judaism. Hypocrites? Who do you think he meant?

Biden's basement is a recording studio and office. I think it's great that he wasn't doing super spreader rallies during a pandemic that killed so many.

Jesus was speaking of a particular group of Jews.. perhaps they were the Edomites who were forcibly converted to Judaism. Hypocrites? Who do you think he meant?

Again, every single term fits.

Demented = actually has dementia.
Basement = from which he conducted his campaign
Dummy = was led around by the Easter Bunny once, other times by Dr. Jill

He said all of these things. He both called "fool" and said anyone who does so will be liable to Hell. I never said differently.

Did you ever think about that you have difficulties in understanding what you read? The bible is not god. It is an important instrument which we made to avoid confusion. So do not lose with the bible the centre of the good message.

Did you ever think about that you have difficulties in understandomg what you read? The bible is not god. It is an important instrument which we made to avoid confusion. So do not lose with the bible the centre of the good message.

What do you mean the Bible is "an important instrument we made"?

They know how to use their supposed religion (wink wink) as a political weapon.

Hell, it's been happening in the Middle East forever.
So the new Tweener/Democrat rally cry is:

“ be a good citizen and throw a Christian in jail!”

Yes. I believe also - since I heard this a short time ago the very first time from a German post-existentialist - that moral is for all people and cultures the same and moral is not only degenerated to a weapon against others how US-Americans continiously demonstrate.

Okay. So... Rights 101. Regardless of where you believe they "originate", whether in Natural Law or whether they are "God given" as some say, or whether they're due to common biology as you suggest - to instantiate a right, it has to become political. It has to be a political right. A natural right is inadequate, it's not enough. As you say, the natural right to life is worthless in the Roman arena.

So, then, the form of rights depends on the political landscape. In some places, the king says "I declare" and suddenly there are new rights. But here in America, the following statement most closely describes how we handle political rights:

You have no rights except those I choose to recognize.

Here in America, rights are defined by agreement. "Overwhelming" agreement. 2/3 of Congress and 3/4 of the State legislatures, must agree. No one gets to pull rights out of their butt. Abortion is not a right, and never has been. The Supreme Court can not define rights, they are in fact explicitly prohibited from doing so.

No. I not do understand this. And I doubt that this is true at all. But whether this is true or not true is anyway not a criterion for me. The murder in arenas of the Romans had been wrong - totally unimportant what the Romans thought about who often had been addicts of such forms of leisure activity.

Murder is not illegal because it's wrong, it's illegal because it's impractical. We simply can't have people running around killing each other all the time, it's bad for the economy and bad for the stability of society (and bad for politicians who want to be re-elected).

I think: Trump supporters are a shame for the USA. That's why I said so. And you say you do not care about what I think. But who is "we", Your Majesty?

Trump supporters are the kind of people that built this country and made it the greatest in the world.

Only a fool would claim that they are a "shame".

Trump supporters are the kind of people that built this country and made it the greatest in the world.

Only a fool would claim that they are a "shame".
It's a German thing. They've been doing it for centuries. The morally superior Germans like to shame others, it's kind of a hobby of theirs. :p

Once again, a conservative tells leftists what they think, and gets it completely wrong.
It's not the left that's shutting down differing points of view. Anybody in the Republican Party that doesn't parrot the lie that the election was stolen and Trump lost, has been primaried. It's not the left that's refusing service to "sinners", but only certain kinds of "sinners".
1. Prove what I said was wrong.
2. Yes the Left shuts down differing points of views. The MSM drum beat that the USSC is irrelevant is an example. The USSC interprets the Constitution, the MSM and democrats are liars with no explanation. They just promote LIES.
3. In the GOP election integrity is a crucial issue. Ignorance is not bliss.
4. Who on the Right is refusing service to anyone? Prove it or be a liar.

That's unfortunately not untrue. But do you do anything else?
1. Thank you for seeing the double-standard regarding the LAW when democrats are in power.
2. Do anything else regarding what? The November election is coming, and Republicans will take the House back, and possibly the Senate, that should help getting the US back on the right track.

New Topics

Forum List

Back