How Racist Are We Americans?

You never had any problems with whites? You talk about culture? So now you say this but blacks have faced nearly 246 years of racism from whites since this officially became a country and for 403 since it started as a colony. So how are we supposed to feel?
Since none of you live that long no, you have NOT felt racism for that many years.

My failure in life includes a college education 30 years of work in the field at executive level positions and more. I've done better than you and the fact is that white racism is responsible for our problem. Not white society. What you don't watch and where you don't shop is irrelevant but when you vote for racists to make laws, that's the problem and since you are republican, that's pretty much what you're doing. All humans are not racist and I won't be owning what I don't have.
You don’t know how anyone votes.

I can't speak for IM2 only for myself. I think it is a fact that everyone prejudges. If you go to a law office and meet a grey-haired, older gent in a tailored suit and a young woman dressed in very fashion-forward wardrobe with ample cleavage on display, which would you take the law partner and which for the secretary?
That’s not prejudging, that’s common sense and observation.

That’s not prejudging, that’s common sense and observation.
It is prejudging based on some thing we might assume is valid. If that prejudgement is based on lies, exaggerations, distortions, etc., we've been told about a group it would not be valid and we might not even be aware of it. If race-based, we might not realize our own racism. I think that is fairly common.

It is prejudging based on some thing we might assume is valid. If that prejudgement is based on lies, exaggerations, distortions, etc., we've been told about a group it would not be valid and we might not even be aware of it. If race-based, we might not realize our own racism. I think that is fairly common.
Unless she is undercover, the law enforcement officers most likely are not wearing revealing clothing. Again, not prejudging. Your comparison is skewed, how do you get deceit or lies from your comparison?

Unless she is undercover, the law enforcement officers most likely are not wearing revealing clothing. Again, not prejudging. Your comparison is skewed, how do you get deceit or lies from your comparison?
I'm not sure I follow you but you may be taking my example too far. I'm just saying it is easy be biased, consciously or subconsciously. We inherit them, get them from our peers or the media, however, but we all have them.

I'm not sure I follow you but you may be taking my example too far. I'm just saying it is easy be biased, consciously or subconsciously. We inherit them, get them from our peers or the media, however, but we all have them.
A lot of people are biased. People are stereotyped for a reason. It doesn’t make the entire race description, but it started somewhere.

I await a better definition...
Pre judgement has little or nothing to do with making some guesses based on experience. It is not uncommon to make assumptions based on such factors. It isn’t “judging” at all.

Are you really confused on the difference between judging someone and making a guess about a position based on visual clues? Wow.

Pre judgement has little or nothing to do with making some guesses based on experience. It is not uncommon to make assumptions based on such factors. It isn’t “judging” at all.

Are you really confused on the difference between judging someone and making a guess about a position based on visual clues? Wow.
If I guess wrong about which is the lawyer and which is the secretary, I could be seriously embarrassed. If I'm a cop and I guess wrong about who is a criminal and who is a victim, someone could be seriously dead.

If I guess wrong about which is the lawyer and which is the secretary, I could be seriously embarrassed. If I'm a cop and I guess wrong about who is a criminal and who is a victim, someone could be seriously dead.
Yeah. And if you were to base a decision on who was a criminal and who was the victim based on mere societal signals, you’d be guilty of doing your job in a slovenly manner. Identifying suspects vs victims are things which are supposed to be based on citizen reports and objective evidence. So I’m still not sure what your point is.

Yeah. And if you were to base a decision on who was a criminal and who was the victim based on mere societal signals, you’d be guilty of doing your job in a slovenly manner. Identifying suspects vs victims are things which are supposed to be based on citizen reports and objective evidence. So I’m still not sure what your point is.
We don't live in an ideal world. Alas.

That’s why cops have training

Forum List

Back