How Politifact got it so wrong when they said Biden was right gas price increases due to Putin!

“Make no mistake: The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”
View attachment 637930
PolitiFact - How much blame does Putin deserve for high gasoline prices?

Now for the FACTS!!!
1) When did Biden stop Russian oil importation?
Today, March 8, 2022... President Biden will sign an Executive Order (E.O.) to ban the import of Russian oil, liquefied natural gas, and coal to the United States – a significant action with widespread bipartisan support that will further deprive President Putin of the economic resources he uses to continue his needless war of choice.
Hmmm... If stopped 14 months after Biden took office... why did gas prices go up from $2.506..
1/20/20 gas price was Weekly U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
View attachment 637935

View attachment 637936
3/1/22 When Biden stopped Russian oil importation... gas prices $4.102/gal...
Hmmm...
Biden took office 1/27/20 gas $2.506/gallon
Biden stops Russian 3/8/22 gas $4.239/gallon
Hmmm.. Thats a $1.72 or 69% gas increase BEFORE THE RUSSIAN EMBARGO WAS EVEN SIGNED!
Would someone explain where Biden came up with this statement:
"The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”

The US increased Russian oil imports in 2017 when Trump put sanctions on Venezuela.

The US increased Russian oil imports in 2017 when Trump put sanctions on Venezuela.

And??? Plus Venezuela is worst polluting country...see facts!
CO2outputby oilcountries.png

“Make no mistake: The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”
View attachment 637930
PolitiFact - How much blame does Putin deserve for high gasoline prices?

Now for the FACTS!!!
1) When did Biden stop Russian oil importation?
Today, March 8, 2022... President Biden will sign an Executive Order (E.O.) to ban the import of Russian oil, liquefied natural gas, and coal to the United States – a significant action with widespread bipartisan support that will further deprive President Putin of the economic resources he uses to continue his needless war of choice.
Hmmm... If stopped 14 months after Biden took office... why did gas prices go up from $2.506..
1/20/20 gas price was Weekly U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
View attachment 637935

View attachment 637936
3/1/22 When Biden stopped Russian oil importation... gas prices $4.102/gal...
Hmmm...
Biden took office 1/27/20 gas $2.506/gallon
Biden stops Russian 3/8/22 gas $4.239/gallon
Hmmm.. Thats a $1.72 or 69% gas increase BEFORE THE RUSSIAN EMBARGO WAS EVEN SIGNED!
Would someone explain where Biden came up with this statement:
"The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”
You know Gas Prices are based on Oil Prices...

Oil Prices are based on speculation of what future supply and demand is going to be..

Russia started their build up on the border in April '21 and increased again in Oct '21....

For people who proclaim that the Market will decide, you know fuck all how a market operates...

I've been on this board for almost 10 years and during that time I don't remember any member making a comment like this" Thank you for your substantiation. It has provided me with more information that has
altered my perceptions, especially regarding the biased MSM
."
This post is a perfect example. I'm showing how Biden has lied about gas prices being the fault of Putin.
When in reality one of many reasons for higher gas prices is HIS moratorium on Federal land exploration.
Federal lands provide at least 24% of the nation's oil and gas.
FACT:Biden banned in just 7 days from taking office, the exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil/gas! https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R42432
But so far not one member that have an opposite point of view (POV) i.e. "Biden is not to blame for gas prices " have admitted to the truth that the FACTS and substantiations and links I've provided counter their POV.
Speaks volumes about some people's honesty, integrity and desire for the truth!
We have explained this at length...

Oil Global commodity... US doesn't own a drop that if discovered in US... The multinational does...

There is no such thing as Oil or Energy independent unless the US Government nationalises all Oil Production.....

So stop with the crap..

You know Gas Prices are based on Oil Prices...

Oil Prices are based on speculation of what future supply and demand is going to be..

Russia started their build up on the border in April '21 and increased again in Oct '21....

For people who proclaim that the Market will decide, you know fuck all how a market operates...
True... based on oil prices.
Tell me what YOU would do....if....
So Biden is either lying or telling the truth in the following 3 statements:
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

And wants to throw oil executives into jail... “we should put them in jail” when talking about fossil fuel executives.
The royalty rate for new leases will increase to 18.75% from 12.5%. That's a 50% jump and marks the first increase to royalties for the federal government since they were imposed in the 1920s.
So oil company workers can look at 3 statements and actions by Biden and wonder what their future is and therefore why should they work any more?
1) He wants to throw them in jail.
2) He wants to eliminate fossil fuels. Put them out of business. Make them unemployed.
3) He raises the cost of finding oil on Federal lands as well as halting the leasing of federal lands.

What would you do if your industry was told it was going to be obsolete, people put in jail and the cost is going up?

Oil Global commodity... US doesn't own a drop that if discovered in US... The multinational does...

There is no such thing as Oil or Energy independent unless the US Government nationalises all Oil Production.....

So stop with the crap..
AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF??? JUST YOUR comments??? How stupid!
I at least provide LINKS supporting my statements... YOU? Expect us JUST to believe YOU???
TALK ABOUT CRAP!!!
Do some work! Some intelligent effort! ENOUGH OF YOUR GUESSES!

Yeah, and what does that have to do with President Potatohead's EOs that have cut over 2MM barrels of crude per day out of production right here?

So stop with the crap..
ORLY?

Then what's with all the leftist claptrap about "not buying Putin's oil" if it's all just put into one big global pool?

You don't get it both ways.

Last edited:
We've never gotten even 10% from Russia that I am aware of. Gas went up a lot more than 10% before the Russian attack to take over Ukraine, but is now actually dropping slowly.
Right, Frank. More going on than meets the eye or finger pointing.

My apologies to the mods since I have posted the following a number of times in response to lies regarding Biden's degree of responsibility for high gas prices.

In Nov. 2021 satellite images showed an ongoing buildup of Russian forces near Ukraine with estimates soon surpassing 100K troops deployed.
On 11/30/21 WTI crude was $65.73 a barrel.
In Dec. Russia started making demands on NATO, like never letting Ukraine join. World leaders, and oil speculators, became convinced Putin would invade.
By 1/1/22 WTI was at $77.00.
Between 1/1/22 and 2/23/22 the price of oil climbed to $91 on invasion fears.
On 2/24/22 Putin launched the invasion and oil immediately spiked to a little over $120.

So......from 11/30/21 to 2/24 22 the price jumped from around $66 to just over $120. Exactly what Biden policy caused the jump in such a short period of time..................considering there are ample oil leases and permits for oil companies to use if they wanted to increase production?

Check out OIL's stock price (@CL.1) in real time

The answer..........it wasn't due to Biden. Repubs are cynically preying on the anger and ignorance of those paying $5 at the pump to gain a political advantage for the upcoming midterms.

Yeah, and what does that have to do with President Potatohead's EOs that have cut over 2MM barrels of crude per day out of production right here?

Libya, Nigeria and Iraq have also cut production.

Repubs are cynically preying on the anger and ignorance of those paying $5 at the pump to gain a political advantage for the upcoming midterms.

That's outrageous!!!

Only dems are allowed to prey on the anger and ignorance of voters!!!

What's your prediction? Will dems lose 50 House seats? More?

Libya, Nigeria and Iraq have also cut production.
Even more reason these statements by BIDEN have contributed to $5.00/gal gas!
FACTS that Biden has said and I can't believe if you were part of this industry you would be pulling back ALSO!
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

And wants to throw oil executives into jail... “we should put them in jail” when talking about fossil fuel executives.
The royalty rate for new leases will increase to 18.75% from 12.5%. That's a 50% jump and marks the first increase to royalties for the federal government since they were imposed in the 1920s.
So oil company workers can look at above 3 statements and actions by Biden and wonder what their future is and therefore why should they work any more?
2) He wants to rid oil/coal, i.e. fossil fuels. Put them out of business. Make them unemployed.
3) He raises the cost of finding oil on Federal lands as well as halting the leasing of federal lands.

What would you do if your industry was told it was going to be obsolete, people put in jail and the cost is going up?

Even more reason these statements by BIDEN have contributed to $5.00/gal gas!
FACTS that Biden has said and I can't believe if you were part of this industry you would be pulling back ALSO!
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

So oil company workers can look at above 3 statements and actions by Biden and wonder what their future is and therefore why should they work any more?
2) He wants to rid oil/coal, i.e. fossil fuels. Put them out of business. Make them unemployed.

Stupid talk still doesn't control the oil business in the US or anywhere else.

My apologies to the mods since I have posted the following a number of times in response to lies regarding Biden's degree of responsibility for high gas prices.

In Nov. 2021 satellite images showed an ongoing buildup of Russian forces near Ukraine with estimates soon surpassing 100K troops deployed.
On 11/30/21 WTI crude was $65.73 a barrel.
In Dec. Russia started making demands on NATO, like never letting Ukraine join. World leaders, and oil speculators, became convinced Putin would invade.
By 1/1/22 WTI was at $77.00.
Between 1/1/22 and 2/23/22 the price of oil climbed to $91 on invasion fears.
On 2/24/22 Putin launched the invasion and oil immediately spiked to a little over $120.

So......from 11/30/21 to 2/24 22 the price jumped from around $66 to just over $120. Exactly what Biden policy caused the jump in such a short period of time..................considering there are ample oil leases and permits for oil companies to use if they wanted to increase production?

Check out OIL's stock price (@CL.1) in real time

The answer..........it wasn't due to Biden. Repubs are cynically preying on the anger and ignorance of those paying $5 at the pump to gain a political advantage for the upcoming midterms.
NONE of the price increase Biden's fault you claim?
I've posted this several times and am doing it again to directly show you WHY Biden has caused gas to double in cost! Tell me these statements and policies aren't true? Prove differently !

Biden statement
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

Biden statement
Biden ACTION
The royalty rate for new leases will increase to 18.75% from 12.5%.
That's a 50% jump and marks the first increase to royalties for the federal government since they were imposed in the 1920s.

So oil company workers can look at 3 statements and actions by Biden and wonder what their future is and therefore why should they work any more?
Words have meaning folks as does Biden's actions!

Forum List

Back