How one teacher's Black Lives Matter lesson divided a small Wisconsin town

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I expected this article to be about the backlash this grade school teacher faced after having a classroom discussion on racism but it actually highlights several other challenges faced by black families, namely that in almost all cases, the people who set up the system, made the rules and enforce them, all of whom are white, will seldom if ever find that racism was a factor in the bad, threatening, harassing behavior engaged in by whites towards blacks. And because they deem it "not due to racism", none of the behaviors are addressed or punished as they should be irrespective of the racial element.

The other thing that i found interesting is how so many people consider the Black Lives Matter a political movement and use the founders political affiliations as a basis to discount their message and the entire group. It has been brought up repeatedly that the COVID crisis has highlighted the fact that many white Americans react very poorly to being told what to do/not do. One of the [white] people interviewed in this article stated “You can’t even go out to eat dinner without them trying to get you on your knees,” which if you think about it is kind of hilarious. It brings to mind the white woman who got banned from all Starbucks in the country because she believed and stated that she didn't have to do what the young black barista asked her to do which was simply put on her mask. She made it obvious that it was a racial thing, at least for her, when she exited with a "f__k Black Lives Matter".

The racists are struggling coming to terms with the changes that are happening all around us.

racecard.jpg

I expected this article to be about the backlash this grade school teacher faced after having a classroom discussion on racism but it actually highlights several other challenges faced by black families, namely that in almost all cases, the people who set up the system, made the rules and enforce them, all of whom are white, will seldom if ever find that racism was a factor in the bad, threatening, harassing behavior engaged in by whites towards blacks. And because they deem it "not due to racism", none of the behaviors are addressed or punished as they should be irrespective of the racial element.

The other thing that i found interesting is how so many people consider the Black Lives Matter a political movement and use the founders political affiliations as a basis to discount their message and the entire group. It has been brought up repeatedly that the COVID crisis has highlighted the fact that many white Americans react very poorly to being told what to do/not do. One of the [white] people interviewed in this article stated “You can’t even go out to eat dinner without them trying to get you on your knees,” which if you think about it is kind of hilarious. It brings to mind the white woman who got banned from all Starbucks in the country because she believed and stated that she didn't have to do what the young black barista asked her to do which was simply put on her mask. She made it obvious that it was a racial thing, at least for her, when she exited with a "f__k Black Lives Matter".

The racists are struggling coming to terms with the changes that are happening all around us.

Whenever a black criminal gets shot, it must be systemic racism.

I am intrigued.
Maryam says ".......white, will seldom if ever find that
racism was a factor in the bad, threatening, harassing
behavior engaged in by whites towards black. And
because they deem it ""not due to racism"", none of
the behaviors are addressed or punished as they
should be irrespective of the racial element".

I have barely been out of my tiny abode for the past
6 months due to the bad and harassing and gun play
behaviors going on in my neighborhood. I don't see
any "whites" so engaged over here----not do I see any
arrests. There is no shortage of serious assaults and dead bodies----a few per week-----and "wanted' ads when, by happenstance, the activity is caught on surveillance camera.
Is that activity a consequence of "racism" ?

Whenever a black criminal gets shot, it must be systemic racism.

In my neigborhood, when a black criminal shoots EITHER a black or white person------there is a general
YAWN

Mariyam, I have liked your position on a lot of issues, and I have always respected you as a poster. . . but this post is disingenuous. Especially the NBC link. PLEASE, take care and remember what Malcom X said about the corporate press.

I do not think the town, as a whole, was being racist. Perhaps a few, certain individuals were, which NBC took care to highlight of course.

Most of the educated and well informed, were clearly objecting to the fact, that, it is inarguable that the BLM movement has deep roots connected to not only the DNC, but also the wall-street/silicon valley, foundational corporate Deep State. In fact, a lot of black intellectuals themselves are not very comfortable being used by the white financial foundational establishment for a clandestine agenda to remake America into a technocratic surveillance corporate hell hole, where they may, or may not, enjoy in the spoils.

The Black Lives Matter Movement is the Enemy of African Americans
By LESLIE TAHA

HiJacked: Who Is Really Leading the Black Lives Matter Movement?

America’s Own Color Revolution

Being against the Black Lives Matter organization does not mean you don't believe in social equality, or a color blind society, it does not mean you are a racist, or that you do not have the ability to empathize with many different kinds of folks from all walks of life, hell, that is what it means to be an American.

Being opposed to the implicit goals of BLM means you are against government/corporate technocratic oppression, which would be bad for everyone, including the black community.

The other thing that i found interesting is how so many people consider the Black Lives Matter a political movement and use the founders political affiliations as a basis to discount their message and the entire group.

Black Lies Matter is much, much worse, than just a “political movement”. It is openly a violent, destructive, terrorist movement, and those who supported it deserve and need to be condemned for doing so.

You shall be judged by the company that you choose to keep. If you choose to keep the company of violent, destructive subhuman paces of shit, then do not be surprised when sane, decent people treat you accordingly.

Last edited:

Mariyam, I have liked your position on a lot of issues, and I have always respected you as a poster. . . but this post is disingenuous. Especially the NBC link. PLEASE, take care and remember what Malcom X said about the corporate press.

I do not think the town, as a whole, was being racist. Perhaps a few, certain individuals were, which NBC took care to highlight of course.

Most of the educated and well informed, were clearly objecting to the fact, that, it is inarguable that the BLM movement has deep roots connected to not only the DNC, but also the wall-street/silicon valley, foundational corporate Deep State. In fact, a lot of black intellectuals themselves are not very comfortable being used by the white financial foundational establishment for a clandestine agenda to remake America into a technocratic surveillance corporate hell hole, where they may, or may not, enjoy in the spoils.

By LESLIE TAHA

Being against the Black Lives Matter organization does not mean you don't believe in social equality, or a color blind society, it does not mean you are a racist, or that you do not have the ability to empathize with many different kinds of folks from all walks of life, hell, that is what it means to be an American.

Being opposed to the implicit goals of BLM means you are against government/corporate technocratic oppression, which would be bad for everyone, including the black community.

LOL @ "global research"------ the face of perversion

Good point. Based upon past arguments people who complain about mask laws need to shut up and wear the masks while they take this up in the courts.

Anything less is vast hypocrisy out of those who expect this out of others when they have their civil rights violated.

We can also note the "cancel culture" at work here.

By LESLIE TAHA

LOL @ "global research"------ the face of perversion
It just curates folks writing that the interlocking directorate doesn't approve of. You can be such a lemming sometimes. Do you know what an Ad hominem attack is? It attacks the source of some piece, rather than the ideas.

Here, this is the authors website, now attack the idea.

Good point. Based upon past arguments people who complain about mask laws need to shut up and wear the masks while they take this up in the courts.

Anything less is vast hypocrisy out of those who expect this out of others when they have their civil rights violated.

We can also note the "cancel culture" at work here.
There are no mask laws, there are only dictates and orders by governors and health bureaucracies. Most of these are supposed to be subject to review by legislatures. They are hesitant to act currently.

But, according to the laws on the books, most of them need to be reviewed within 90 days of their issuance.

I saw a video on youtbe of Shaun King going after 50 Cent for his Trump endorsement. It shocked me what his argument was. He called 50 Cent a capitalist. That floored me. BLM is openly Marxist. How many black people have just given up on being successful?

To me, I really do not watch anything on TV anymore that deals with people who are not white that spew their venom. I have decreased watching the same on TV programs and movies also. You are turning everyone into slaves. They were already financial slaves as their wealth is stolen from them to give to others. You throw away any personal responsibilities of anyone of color. That is an insult to them and will not improve a damn thing. As a good faith gesture......just in the NFL get rid of all troublemakers and criminals. Just like the regular guy who you call all these names would be removed from their jobs. Since they are taking a knee, they need to lead by example. Agree?

Forum List

Back